BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

and if you remember rightly we didn't accept their first bid but waiting till we got their asking price we wanted. same with other players like Wharton and BBD cos we rejected 3 bids that didn't meet our asking price 

No with Kaminski we got to the figure we thought Luton would pay and then sold. He was worth far more than £2.5 mill.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Hasta said:

No with Kaminski we got to the figure we thought Luton would pay and then sold. He was worth far more than £2.5 mill.

Luton made a number of offers below what we accepted for 2.5m. Source GB's comments 

With Thomas, it was different. We felt one of the goalkeepers would go this summer. The moment Luton came in, Thomas was clear that he wanted to play in the Premier League and Luton was a viable option to do that.

"We weren't prepared to bend our valuation on Thomas just because he said that. We had some difficult conversations with Thomas in Austria when Luton were insistent they wouldn't go above their bid. We wouldn't drop earlier.

"My only concern was we knew the others that were being tabled for Leo (Wahlestedt), who was our first choice as a replacement for Thomas or Aynsley (Pears). Luton eventually started to move closer to our number for Thomas 

IF we are lucky enough to stay up we should be all over Rotherhams Viktor Johanson. Reported release clause of just 1 mill! which is a snip for a relatively young quality established championship keeper (especially considering we paid not far off that for Wahlstadt) 

We should offer them swede in return sending them Leo on loan for a season as they'll be looking for a keeper. 

Kind of deal venkys usually purrr over. Relatively young(for a keeper!) low price, likely modest wages and still a lot of room for him to improve as a player and increase his value. 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 2

The only way we'll be looking at new goalkeepers is in the unlikely event either Pears or Wahlstedt attract cash bids from elsewhere and we manage to sell them. 

That will be a financially motivated decision depending on whether anyone entices us with cash.

Until that happens both will be under contract and they won't be worrying about that position in the transfer window.

Just another thing to flag up at the moment, how much our attraction to loanees must have gone down the pan.

We've had some brilliant players last few seasons, lots of game time, making us an attractive proposition.

This season however, wtf is going on seriously. 

I think Chrisene is better than Pickering and Ayari offers promise too. The lad from Liverpool went from looking like a mad man to quality vs Newcastle in the space of 10 mins. Not a single one of these have benefited from their loan, ditto Moran. We're easily bottom of any lists for loans now too, especially when you factor in we're either a league 1 team or relegation plodders in the championship next season

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

IF we are lucky enough to stay up we should be all over Rotherhams Viktor Johanson. Reported release clause of just 1 mill! which is a snip for a relatively young quality established championship keeper (especially considering we paid not far off that for Wahlstadt) 

We should offer them swede in return sending them Leo on loan for a season as they'll be looking for a keeper. 

Kind of deal venkys usually purrr over. Relatively young(for a keeper!) low price, likely modest wages and still a lot of room for him to improve as a player and increase his value. 

I expect Johanson will have far better offers than us. And even if he didn't, would he really want to be in another team that's just going to get battered game after game next season?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JHRover said:

The only way we'll be looking at new goalkeepers is in the unlikely event either Pears or Wahlstedt attract cash bids from elsewhere and we manage to sell them. 

That will be a financially motivated decision depending on whether anyone entices us with cash.

Until that happens both will be under contract and they won't be worrying about that position in the transfer window.

I'm not so certain, if we go down then yes you are probably right. 

But if we stay up then I think something needs to change in the keeping dept! Wahlstadt can't just be left to fester on the bench and in reserves especially after paying good money for him, I think he'll be pushing for a move away, most likely a season loan away as nobody is going to pay near what we did for him

Leaving just Pears, who is just gurenteed to keep costing us points and leaving the defenders in front of him with no confidance in him... 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

18 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Just another thing to flag up at the moment, how much our attraction to loanees must have gone down the pan.

We've had some brilliant players last few seasons, lots of game time, making us an attractive proposition.

I think Chrisene is better than Pickering and Ayari offers promise too. The lad from Liverpool went from looking like a mad man to quality vs Newcastle in the space of 10 mins. Not a single one of these have benefited from their loan, ditto Moran. We're easily bottom of any lists for loans now too, especially when you factor in we're either a league 1 team or relegation plodders in the championship next season

That's why it's called development. I think Moran will assess his time here with Brighton and probably go out on another Championship loan next season. Ayari as well, but might go overseas. Branthwaite wasn't any good here, but look at him now. 

2 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

That's why it's called development. I think Moran will assess his time here with Brighton and probably go out on another Championship loan next season. Ayari as well, but might go overseas. Branthwaite wasn't any good here, but look at him now. 

But Ayari, Chrisene and koumetio haven't even really been given a chance only as a last resort! 

Our midfield has been crying out for a more creative player like Ayari, but still he only gets the odd cameo and Chrisene is easily better than pickering! Koumetio hasn't even been given a start thatvi can remember and Ibthink his physical presence and hussleNbussle style could have causrd a bit of chaos and given thecteam a lift in the drab stale games 

55 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Doesnt sound like something Venkys would purr over. Spending 1m when as far as they are concerned, we already have 2 goalkeepers. They arent too bothered if they are any good or not.

He wouldnt come here I dont think anyway, he should get a better move on bigger wages elsewhere. Giving Rotherham a supposed sweetener in Wahlstedt would make no difference to negotiations as anyone can activate that release clause. Plus no way would Steve Evans want Wahlstedt anyway.

7 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

But Ayari, Chrisene and koumetio haven't even really been given a chance only as a last resort! 

Our midfield has been crying out for a more creative player like Ayari, but still he only gets the odd cameo and Chrisene is easily better than pickering! Koumetio hasn't even been given a start thatvi can remember and Ibthink his physical presence and hussleNbussle style could have causrd a bit of chaos and given thecteam a lift in the drab stale games 

Based on the one cameo he had, I suspect the only chaos Koumetio would have caused would have been in our own defence. You look at the levels that his previous 2 loans were at and then consider that he couldnt even get regular gametime at those clubs, and you can maybe understand why he hasnt been used here, clearly a very late and desperate move.

Pickering is a solid left back at this level and was a key part in the teams that finished 7th and 8th. He is being hung out to dry at the moment under Eustace in a position that doesnt suit him. But Chrisene isnt better than him.

Ayari has had a mixture of ineffective cameos and ones where he has had somewhat of an impact, he was decent yesterday. But he came as a number 10 which was one position we didnt need, but with the shit show of a window we had losing Travis and then Wharton, the only place he has had a chance of getting game time in is deeper. I wonder if he could be trusted in that position.

Either way, the point is valid that clubs may be less likely to loan us players having seen how little this seasons batch has finished.

17 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Doesnt sound like something Venkys would purr over. Spending 1m when as far as they are concerned, we already have 2 goalkeepers. They arent too bothered if they are any good or not.

He wouldnt come here I dont think anyway, he should get a better move on bigger wages elsewhere. Giving Rotherham a supposed sweetener in Wahlstedt would make no difference to negotiations as anyone can activate that release clause. Plus no way would Steve Evans want Wahlstedt anyway.

Based on the one cameo he had, I suspect the only chaos Koumetio would have caused would have been in our own defence. You look at the levels that his previous 2 loans were at and then consider that he couldnt even get regular gametime at those clubs, and you can maybe understand why he hasnt been used here, clearly a very late and desperate move.

Pickering is a solid left back at this level and was a key part in the teams that finished 7th and 8th. He is being hung out to dry at the moment under Eustace in a position that doesnt suit him. But Chrisene isnt better than him.

Ayari has had a mixture of ineffective cameos and ones where he has had somewhat of an impact, he was decent yesterday. But he came as a number 10 which was one position we didnt need, but with the shit show of a window we had losing Travis and then Wharton, the only place he has had a chance of getting game time in is deeper. I wonder if he could be trusted in that position.

Either way, the point is valid that clubs may be less likely to loan us players having seen how little this seasons batch has finished.

Well in the regularly repeated words of a wise old man(well chaddy!) 'that's just your opinion'

I think the abysmal quality of our loans this season is a large factor in how we have ended up in this mess.

The last good loan we had was Harvey Elliot and almost all of them since have been no better than our own u23s. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JHRover said:

I think Eustace already knows where we need to strengthen squad wise. You seen he doesn't want to play Markanday or Moran or Telalovic. 

Its clear we need a new first choice keeper and goalscoring striker plus some pace wide. 

11 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Moran has 9 assists this season. 

10 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

You said we would get what we did for Adam Wharton but guess what. we did. you were wrong on that

Pickering played the wing back role in Mowbray last season so its wrong he is being hung out to dry by Eustace. 

Chrisene is more attacking wing back than Pickering

who says Ayari came in as number 10 then? I'm sure JDT said he could play the 8 or 6 role aswell as the 10 role. 

• Like 1

The BBC gossip column has us selling Sammie - with other teams it's '(team) will demand at least £Xm for (player)', with us it's 'Blackburn want up to £20m' - its like they know that we'll tentatively ask for it but accept the first bid of £14m and a mediocre 18 year old on loan for a season.

11 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Ayari didn't come as a number ten day after he signed he said he was a number 6 or 8 and spoke with the coach about playing in that position.

He didn't play 10 for Coventry either 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Ayari didn't come as a number ten day after he signed he said he was a number 6 or 8 and spoke with the coach about playing in that position.

He didn't play 10 for Coventry either 

He barely played at all but he definitely at least played sometimes as a number 10. I remember watching the game in which he scored for them when the ball just hit him and he played behind 2 strikers and they played wing backs. 

Certainly didnt play as a 6 as that is a CB's number. Traditionally anyway.

But either way, gone off point. The original point was that teams might be less enthusiastic about loaning us players considering how poor our loan signings have been this season and how they have barely played.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

You said we would get what we did for Adam Wharton but guess what. we did. you were wrong on that

Not really sure what relevance that has to the point I made. Although we could have got £50m for him and none would have gone into reinvesting like all Venkys sales so its nothing to be excited about.

Johansson has a release clause so us trying to sweeten Rotherham up by loaning them a shit keeper wont make a difference, any team can activate that clause. And it almost certainly wont be us when he will likely have lots of interest and it would require Venkys authorising £1m to be spent especially on a position we have 2 keepers in already. They dont care how bad they are.

49 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Not really sure what relevance that has to the point I made. 

Plenty. You were totally wrong on the matter

49 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Johansson has a release clause so us trying to sweeten Rotherham up by loaning them a shit keeper wont make a difference, any team can activate that clause. And it almost certainly wont be us when he will likely have lots of interest and it would require Venkys authorising £1m to be spent especially on a position we have 2 keepers in already. They dont care how bad they are.

I've never mentioned loan them Wahlstedt did I? 

We will deffo strengthen the keeper area in the summer. 

54 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He barely played at all but he definitely at least played sometimes as a number 10. I remember watching the game in which he scored for them when the ball just hit him and he played behind 2 strikers and they played wing backs. 

Certainly didnt play as a 6 as that is a CB's number. Traditionally anyway.

But either way, gone off point. The original point was that teams might be less enthusiastic about loaning us players considering how poor our loan signings have been this season and how they have barely played.

No a 6 is defensive midfielder number. Klopp mentioned it alot. 4 and 5 are centre back numbers. 

Has Ayari played has a ten at Rovers? 

Centre backs are 6 and 5. Amidst the barrage of jargon that has started to filter into the game for whatever reason, people wrongly see a number 6 as a holding midfielder.

Either way, the loans this season have been poor again, 2 seasons under Broughton (maybe low wage contribution available this season has played a part) have seen a lorry load of loanees that have all ranged from underwhelming to total wastes of time. Ayari hasnt played much, Chrisene hasnt played that much, Koumetio hasnt played at all. Moran has been a huge disappointment after all the hype and has barely played for months.

You mention Elliott @roverblue but to be fair, Van Hecke and Khadra came in the following season. Mowbray in his time here had some strong relationships with clubs and brought in some very good loanees. That has not continued under Broughton though.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Centre backs are 6 and 5. Amidst the barrage of jargon that has started to filter into the game for whatever reason, people wrongly see a number 6 as a holding midfielder.

24 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No a 6 is defensive midfielder number. Klopp mentioned it alot. 4 and 5 are centre back numbers. 

Different countries moved different players to originally make the back 4 from the old W-M, England moved 5 and 6 backwards and split 2 and 3 to be the full backs. In Europe they still split 2 and 3 but moved 4 and 5 back instead. The south american countries do it differently as well for what its worth but we've had an influx of european coaches so the european way has caught on

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Either way, the loans this season have been poor again, 2 seasons under Broughton (maybe low wage contribution available this season has played a part) have seen a lorry load of loanees that have all ranged from underwhelming to total wastes of time. Ayari hasnt played much, Chrisene hasnt played that much, Koumetio hasnt played at all. Moran has been a huge disappointment after all the hype and has barely played for months.

You mention Elliott @roverblue but to be fair, Van Hecke and Khadra came in the following season. Mowbray in his time here had some strong relationships with clubs and brought in some very good loanees. That has not continued under Broughton though.

Loans cost money. We don't have any. It's really that simple.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Has Ayari played has a ten at Rovers? 

So in la liga a player had 99 on .where should he play ¿