BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

1 hour ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Players will leave so there will be some kind of budget.

Szmodics 10-12m

Dolan or Gallagher 1m

Travis 2m

Siggy (if he doesn’t sign) - 1.5m

Then the loanies going out (wages) which I know won’t be much.

What we’d get from all that I don’t know, 2-3m on new players? 

I think we may well also get enquiries for Tronstad and Carter. Other clubs will know that we're skint, so they'll try their luck. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Forever Blue said:

So the £5m Raya money is going to be swallowed up by running costs, just like the first installment of the Wharton money? 

We had £8m in for Wharton which was probably used to keep the lights on due to nothing coming from the owners since Feb. As stated above, the owners cannot send any funds at the minute. It was during the same meeting that Waggott told me, we had enough to pay everything though to February, but at that point he expected the court hearing to take place in February and more funds sent from the owners after that. 
Guven the adjournment I have to assume the Wharton sale was desperate, otherwise things would not have been paid on time. Since that £8m came in, we have had nothing from the owners, so we are probably quite close to not having enough to pay everything just now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

So your saying we spent £7m two years ago, and when someone quotes the prices back you say well we don't know because they were undisclosed.

Good grief.

Which is why I think he must be a WUM. Because surely if it is umprovable that it was 5 m its unprovable that it's 7. You'd have to be  intellectually challenged to not see that. Or alternatively deliberately ignoring it... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

So your saying we spent £7m two years ago, and when someone quotes the prices back you say well we don't know because they were undisclosed.

Good grief.

I will hold my hands up and say I got it wrong about it being combine £7m. 

I done a bit of looking into those 3 players transfers fees and I have found their reported fees from 3 sources 

Brittain's transfer fee was in excess of £1m Barnsley FC transfer latest: Callum Brittain completes his move to Blackburn Rovers for fee in excess of £1m (yorkshirepost.co.uk)

Szmodics's transfers fee was initial £1.8m plus add ons . Source is Peterborough United Chairman comments  Darragh MacAnthony reveals fee Blackburn Rovers paid for Sam Szmodics | Lancashire Telegraph

Hyam's transfer fee was £1.5m Revealed: Coventry City's Dom Hyam replacement and how Brexit wrecked transfer - CoventryLive (coventrytelegraph.net)

So its around £4.5m we spent. My original point still we spend money only 2 summers cos we generated money the previous season. Even if we we only spent that we can still make cash transfer signings. I think we will at least(my own opinion) make 2 or 3 cash transfer signings, 2 free transfers and 2 or 3 loans transfers. 

17 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Which is why I think he must be a WUM. Because surely if it is umprovable that it was 5 m its unprovable that it's 7. You'd have to be  intellectually challenged to not see that. Or alternatively deliberately ignoring it... 

back to this again, drop me a DM with if you want to complain about me or my opinion 

31 minutes ago, lraC said:

We had £8m in for Wharton which was probably used to keep the lights on due to nothing coming from the owners since Feb. As stated above, the owners cannot send any funds at the minute. It was during the same meeting that Waggott told me, we had enough to pay everything though to February, but at that point he expected the court hearing to take place in February and more funds sent from the owners after that. 
Guven the adjournment I have to assume the Wharton sale was desperate, otherwise things would not have been paid on time. Since that £8m came in, we have had nothing from the owners, so we are probably quite close to not having enough to pay everything just now. 

It’s nothing to worry about. We’ll have enough money to stagger on for a bit longer when we sell Sammi.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, lraC said:

Just for clarity, the owners CANNOT send any funds at the minute, even if they deposit a bond. The £11m sent in November was on that basis, so £11m sent and £11m put in a bond. The reason for the bond is the authorities want assurances that the funds are being used for the purpose stated and that’s been stated as protecting their investment, which in itself may be a false statement.

They need court permission to send any further funds, hence the February and March court dates, which as we all know is now August. This hearing will determine whether or not, they can send  any further funds, as right now, they are banned from doing so. This has come from Waggot directly in a meeting I had with him in November and since then, the owners have sent 0 simply because they can’t.,

Any sensible owners would be looking to sell that asset as it's unclear whether they'll ever be allowed to fund it properly again.

The loons in Pune meanwhile think selling everything that's not nailed down while the court case rumbles on is a more sensible course of action.

Isn't football fun.

34 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I will hold my hands up and say I got it wrong about it being combine £7m. 

I done a bit of looking into those 3 players transfers fees and I have found their reported fees from 3 sources 

Brittain's transfer fee was in excess of £1m Barnsley FC transfer latest: Callum Brittain completes his move to Blackburn Rovers for fee in excess of £1m (yorkshirepost.co.uk)

Szmodics's transfers fee was initial £1.8m plus add ons . Source is Peterborough United Chairman comments  Darragh MacAnthony reveals fee Blackburn Rovers paid for Sam Szmodics | Lancashire Telegraph

Hyam's transfer fee was £1.5m Revealed: Coventry City's Dom Hyam replacement and how Brexit wrecked transfer - CoventryLive (coventrytelegraph.net)

So its around £4.5m we spent. My original point still we spend money only 2 summers cos we generated money the previous season. Even if we we only spent that we can still make cash transfer signings. I think we will at least(my own opinion) make 2 or 3 cash transfer signings, 2 free transfers and 2 or 3 loans transfers. 

You tried to dismiss someone's view on the basis of the fees being undisclosed. Then contradicted yourself by quoting fees. That the fees were wrong compared to what was reported is another issue. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Forever Blue said:

So the £5m Raya money is going to be swallowed up by running costs, just like the first installment of the Wharton money? 

I would imagine so, as will any fees for sales of other players. I would imagine we will go into next season with an even weaker squad than this season. 

26 minutes ago, lraC said:

I would imagine so, as will any fees for sales of other players. I would imagine we will go into next season with an even weaker squad than this season. 

Aye. Doesn't bode well does it?

Then again, things can change rapidly in any walk of life, and football is just as volatile and ephemeral as any other sector... There may well come another day when we can have gold taps in the bogs..

46 minutes ago, alex l said:

You tried to dismiss someone's view on the basis of the fees being undisclosed. Then contradicted yourself by quoting fees. That the fees were wrong compared to what was reported is another issue. 

I have hold my hands and admitted I was wrong. Time to move on Alex

1 minute ago, TugaysMarlboro said:

And I think he's misunderstood, just as I did.

I don't know. Maybe he got it from Waggott or Rovers, I don't know

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I can’t get excited with any transfer talk. We haven’t even got the magic beans anymore. It’s odds on we’ll be going into next season weaker not stronger.

Especially as GB is leaving and any transfer plans probably out the window. Can't see them getting their act together to strengthen. A lot of contracts to tie up this summer too or else lose a bunch of players for nothing again.

I can’t post links for some reason but just found an LT article from April 4th (titled ‘Blackburn Rovers CEO sheds more light on Venkys funding’) it quotes 'We Are THe Rovers’ website as saying there is no further impediment to Venkys providing funding going forward as long as it’s met with an equivalent bond (paraphrasing). There is nothing about that arrangement being dependant on the court case in August. 

Following positions and all need to be good enough to go straight into the first team.

Keeper: Obviously. 

Defence: Carter is the only player I'd have in the back 4 

LB - (Pickering would be good cover) 

RB - would have JRC back there but injury prone.  Don't rate Brittain

CB ( I'd flog Hyam) 

RW: Nobody currently good enough

LW: As above 

Striker: As above

So 7 players all good enough to start.  The likes of Dolan/Hedges/Brittain/Gallagher/Pickering/Pears/ Sigurdson etc are bench/cover players at best. 

Not a chance we spend that kind of money. 

6 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

I can’t post links for some reason but just found an LT article from April 4th (titled ‘Blackburn Rovers CEO sheds more light on Venkys funding’) it quotes 'We Are THe Rovers’ website as saying there is no further impediment to Venkys providing funding going forward as long as it’s met with an equivalent bond (paraphrasing). There is nothing about that arrangement being dependant on the court case in August. 

Newsletter - April 2024 | We Are THE Rovers (roverstrust.com)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/24230343.blackburn-rovers-ceo-sheds-light-venkys-funding/#:~:text=Blackburn Rovers Chief Executive Steve,their court case in India.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

So further funding not dependant on the court case in August. 

It offers a glimmer of hope that there could be a semblance of a transfer budget this summer.

That's what waggott has said remember, he's a known liar.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MarkBRFC said:

That's what waggott has said remember, he's a known liar.

I would hope WATR asked probing questions before agreeing to the joint statement. I don’t rate Waggott in the slightest, I think he’s a dreadful CEO, but it really would be a sad day if he has chosen to lie about something so fundamental. 

• Like 2

Just now, Forever Blue said:

I would hope WATR asked probing questions before agreeing to the joint statement. I don’t rate Waggott in the slightest, I think he’s a dreadful CEO, but it really would be a sad day if he has chosen to lie about something so fundamental. 

I understand that WATR are basically a fan consultancy group on fan-related matters (match day experience, consumer experience, etc) but as the only forum with a direct link to the club and one that should represent fans, I think it needs a radical shakeup. Regularly see the chair posting in support of the administration and photos of himself in the hospitality. Never comfortable with seeing that kind of thing when the club is at such a low ebb.

WATR needs to be doing a lot better than it’s managed over the last few years or those in senior positions need to step aside.

• Like 1