BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

9 hours ago, rigger said:

Haven't we already got cover at center-half ? I would prefer we get a first choice keeper.

After what Ive seen this season I expect Hyam to be first at the door asking for a transfer if we go down or stay up. Teams will be looking at Carter so Id expect him to leave especially if we go down. With Wharton out injured and McFad's contract up that leaves us with O'Riorden. That leaves three/four spaces which Id expect that at least two of those will be filled by players from the junior squads that will mean recruitment needed for one space probably two

With injuries, contact expiries and expected sales the squad next year could be the worst ever to grace Ewood park.

It’s been bad enough watching us at home this season but next year could be 0-3 losses week in week out.

Even if this entire squad stays together without investment instead of chucking in more kids be it academy, loan or otherwise we are going down next season.

It's absolutely nailed on.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, roverblue said:

With injuries, contact expiries and expected sales the squad next year could be the worst ever to  grace defile Ewood park.

It’s bad enough watching us at home this season but next year could be 0-3 losses week in week out.

Fixed it for you.

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

Even if this entire squad stays together without investment instead of chucking in more kids be it academy, loan or otherwise we are going down next season.

It's absolutely nailed on.

Whether we stay up or go down, one really fears for our prospects.

The prospect of real and meaningful investment is one for the fairies I think.

IMO, it's very likely we will be in administration come 31 August.

Edited by Mercer

The simple truth about the coming summer transfer-window is that we need more players of sufficient quality than our owners will allow. All the speculation will carry on as usual but that one truth will prevail.

We are in deep shit.

6 hours ago, Mercer said:

I'll take that bet, not a chance.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Mercer said:

Fixed it for you.

Whether we stay up or go down, one really fears for our prospects.

The prospect of real and meaningful investment is one for the fairies I think.

We won't be, we should be and should've been before now but there is always enough money pops up to keep us hanging in the balance.

There'll be enough funds to see us over summer then whatever first instalments from this summers sales will begin to drop in the account.  Think we all know the Vs court case being resolved in Aug is pie in the sky but they'll probably find a way to drip a few more million in.

Next summer we'll be really struggling though and probably a league 1 club and i'm convinced one or two inside Ewood see that as the future and are ok with it.  

Over the last few years this is 100% managed decline, something Waggot has form for, when a club like this allegedly so desperate to go back to the Prem won't bring in a bit of quality whilst in 2nd place in Jan TWICE then it's rather obvious what the script is.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 3

Presumably the Wharton and Raya money will be drip feed in small amounts over their contracts. That probably means Szmodic goes to keep us going till after xmas.

That or they will have to take out some dodgy loan like last time. This £1 for £1 offsetting with the bank of India seems to be pie in the sky as they could have already done that if it was the case.

14 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Over the last few years this is 100% managed decline, something Waggot has form for, when a club like this allegedly so desperate to go back to the Prem won't bring in a bit of quality whilst in 2nd place in Jan TWICE then it's rather obvious what the script is.

hoodwinking jdt and us the fans was the last straw,unless there is a pretty big price drop on season tickets this summer or a big transfer budget for eustace i can see us barely selling 4500/5000,though it`s obvious neither are going to happen

i was delighted with jdt,we played some fantastic stuff,with backing he would definately have got us promoted,hence the problem,they don`t want us promoted

• Like 2

we'll sell 6/7k whatever division or price rise but we are looking at many sub 10k crowds and expectation levels finally drop to zero.

Something the 'it's not 1995' brigade have been yearning for for years.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

mcfadzean keen to stay at ewood insisting he`s got more to offer,personally i`de invite him to join the coaching staff,seems like a bloke you would listen to,he was very talkative on the pitch i noticed

With the way the club's going, I wouldn't be surprised if he's the only central defender of the current crop who's still here and fit next season. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

mcfadzean keen to stay at ewood insisting he`s got more to offer,personally i`de invite him to join the coaching staff,seems like a bloke you would listen to,he was very talkative on the pitch i noticed

Stone age thinking from Eustace, apparently we need to keep someone on who can’t control the ball under any kind of pressure and is so slow that we need to change tactics and formation to accomodate him just because… he’s experienced? Cheap? Shouts a lot in training?

43 minutes ago, Commondore said:

Stone age thinking from Eustace, apparently we need to keep someone on who can’t control the ball under any kind of pressure and is so slow that we need to change tactics and formation to accomodate him just because… he’s experienced? Cheap? Shouts a lot in training?

I can't see any reference to Eustace being behind this ? What has he done ?

1 hour ago, Commondore said:

calm down calm down💣,i only suggested he`d be a good coach ffs

On 25/04/2024 at 15:18, Mercer said:

Must be a shocking injury - hope he makes a good recovery that enables to get back to where he was.

Also, note Rovers advertising for a First Team physio so looks like O'Keefe is leaving (pushed or jumped?).

O'Keefe is going back to Fleetwood in a similar role.

10 minutes ago, tomphil said:

So Fleetwood is preferable to Championship BRFC.

Makes you wonder doesn't it? 

He will be the head physio there, not sure if that's the role he had here but it's still pretty damning on us.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

I can't see any reference to Eustace being behind this ? What has he done ?

"Kyle has been fantastic, we have spoken about having more quality and experienced players around the group to help and develop. He is one I would like to keep for sure, if we're allowed to do that."

28 minutes ago, Commondore said:

"Kyle has been fantastic, we have spoken about having more quality and experienced players around the group to help and develop. He is one I would like to keep for sure, if we're allowed to do that."

If we were a normal club, I'd be saying we shouldn't go near a new deal for him. However, our alternative will probably be a 14 year old skipping school so it might be the better option. 

PLEASE PLEASE MAKE SURE GALLY DOESNT GET A PEN TO EXTEND ... WORST STRIKER IN YEARS . WOULDNT TRUST THIS BIG SOFT ARSE TO SIGN HIS  NAME WITH LETTERS IN THE RIGHT ORDER. NEVER SEEN A STRIKER WHO CANT WIN A HEADER OR SHOOT.

• Like 2