BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

Wharton out for the whole next season. So add another CB to the list of needs. 

So I make that a GK, LB, RB, CB, CM, Winger, ST - looks like we need to fill every single position on what I imagine will be a negative budget.

18 minutes ago, superniko said:

So I make that a GK, LB, RB, CB, CM, Winger, ST - looks like we need to fill every single position on what I imagine will be a negative budget.

Must be a shocking injury - hope he makes a good recovery that enables to get back to where he was.

Also, note Rovers advertising for a First Team physio so looks like O'Keefe is leaving (pushed or jumped?).

23 minutes ago, J*B said:

Sorry folks, while DE is speaking truth here, I added a word filter into the forum about 2 years ago when @chaddyrovers kept turbo posting we should sign "Jay $tansfield" so that every time he say "Jay $tansfield", it automatically changed his post to "Luca Toni". I found it very funny. 

Testing...

Luca Toni

Edit: That's brilliant 🤣👏

Edited by TheRevAshton

Is it me or do we go through medical and conditioning staff quite quickly these days ?

Anyway it's a real blow for Wharton and us he was looking like his old self again under Eustace.

Hopefully fit and well again soon as possible, another decent centre back is a must now for next season and by that i mean one with some Championship experience.

10 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Is it me or do we go through medical and conditioning staff quite quickly these days ?

Anyway it's a real blow for Wharton and us he was looking like his old self again under Eustace.

Hopefully fit and well again soon as possible, another decent centre back is a must now for next season and by that i mean one with some Championship experience.

To the purse-string holders at Ewood, there is no such thing as a must.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, rigger said:

To the purse-string holders at Ewood, there is no such thing as a must.

First port of call is do we have anyone ready to throw in ?

Second port of call is another young Prem club loanee.

3rd, resign 37 yr old Mcfadz.

• Backroom
2 hours ago, J*B said:

Sorry folks, while DE is speaking truth here, I added a word filter into the forum about 2 years ago when @chaddyrovers kept turbo posting we should sign "Jay $tansfield" so that every time he say "Jay $tansfield", it automatically changed his post to "Luca Toni". I found it very funny. 

Mystery solved, although it looks like you've been outwitted with an intentional misspelling 😆

3 hours ago, J*B said:

There you go Chaddy, that explains it.

3 hours ago, superniko said:

That's horrific news.

Probably means a contract extension for Fadz. As the owners won't pit their hands in their pockets for a decent replacement.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DE. said:

Mystery solved, although it looks like you've been outwitted with an intentional misspelling 😆

So I was correct then. 

Going to need anther centre back signing in the summer with the shit news about Scott Wharton's long term injury 

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

So I was correct then. 

Not really, as you were implying your post was manually edited rather than changed by an old forum filter that was set a couple of years ago and evidently just forgotten about. The former suggests a nefarious intent, whilst the latter is far less so. The filter should be removed though. 

Scott replacement - Tom Isherwood.  Just been relegated from bundesliga but did well in the promotion campaign last year.  6ft 5 or 6ft 6, left footed, has experience in the English leagues.  Out of contract in the summer 

7 minutes ago, DE. said:

Not really, as you were implying your post was manually edited rather than changed by an old forum filter that was set a couple of years ago and evidently just forgotten about. The former suggests a nefarious intent, whilst the latter is far less so. The filter should be removed though. 

fair enough. 

3 minutes ago, B16Rover said:

Scott replacement - Tom Isherwood.  Just been relegated from bundesliga but did well in the promotion campaign last year.  6ft 5 or 6ft 6, left footed, has experience in the English leagues.  Out of contract in the summer 

interesting suggestion. He can play left back can't he aswelll?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

fair enough. 

interesting suggestion. He can play left back can't he aswelll?

No idea.  Only ever seen him at centre back where he's appeared a bit of a shit house stopper in the mould of McFadz but 10 years younger and 2 inch taller.  

Alternatively Schalke are going bump and Derry Murkin has played left back and centre back for them.  English, 6ft, 6 assists.  If someone comes in for Pickering he may complement that

18 minutes ago, B16Rover said:

Haven't we already got cover at center-half ? I would prefer we get a first choice keeper.

Just now, rigger said:

Haven't we already got cover at center-half ? I would prefer we get a first choice keeper.

Wharton is out long term 

So we got Hyam, Carter and O'Riordan for next season, so we deffo need one new one and I think McFadzean will get another 12 months deal to give us 5 centre beck. 

Yes we need a first choice keeper, aswell a top striker who can score 15 goals plus pacey winger, back up right back and possible Sammie Szmodics replacement. 

6 minutes ago, rigger said:

I was working to Scott being out for half of next year, carter potentially being sold leaving us Riordan and the option to continue McFadz.  In which case Isherwood ticks a little of box Wharton and a little of box McFadz

I doubt Carter will have a queue round the block of clubs after a season where in a struggling team his performances have dipped and he has also only just recovered from a serious injury. But we cant afford to even consider letting him go especially with Wharton out. Nor should we be considering giving a new deal to a defender who turns 38 next season and is clearly over the hill.

Plus, we shouldnt be in a financial position whereby we need to sell anyone considering the owners have been unaffected, weve just generated 22m for Wharton and another 5m will come in for Raya. Unless that is...a lie?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't tho. 

I don’t come on here that often and I reckon I’ve seen you say it 5 or 6 times. If you didn’t post 1000 odd posts a day I’d go back and find them all.

I'd be happy with carter and hyam if a back 4 (with o'riorden and a new that can cover rb) if a back 5 i think we need 2 cb's.. happy for a loan to cover scott, gutted for him though had some great games this season.. can't see mcfadz staying unless we go down, league one with his age/pace?

9 hours ago, J*B said:

Sorry folks, while DE is speaking truth here, I added a word filter into the forum about 2 years ago when @chaddyrovers kept turbo posting we should sign "Jay $tansfield" so that every time he said "Jay $tansfield", it automatically changed his post to "Luca Toni". I found it very funny. 

Its like the Horizon scandal all over again!!

9 hours ago, tomphil said:

I think they realise they've made a mistake when they get given their new medical kit that consists of a razor blade and a big jar of leeches.

Edited by Upside Down
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, B16Rover said:

Greg should be all over it being the master of spotting these things and a leg end in his own lunchtime. Just in case he isn’t, can you send him an E Mail. Make sure you press send and not save, as we don’t want to be giving him any excuses.