BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

26 minutes ago, Ricky said:

Stansfield would be excellent and he’s worked with Eustace so could be interested. Will we go for Ruddy in goal? I didn’t think he’d had a great season at Birmingham but I could see him coming in. Pears was good again today but has too many mistakes in him. 

Keshi Anderson is out of Contract in summer - he’s one we should target from Brum, not the youngest  but he’s very direct.

Seems the most realistic choice 

33 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Keshi Anderson is out of Contract in summer - he’s one we should target from Brum, not the youngest  but he’s very direct.

Seems the most realistic choice 

Drameh, James and Dembele

43 minutes ago, neophox said:

Helik, Koroma, Buegzorg, Matos would be good signings from Hudds.

Rotherham keepers Johansson and Phillips. Maybe Odoffin could be a good addition.

Would we look at Oli Rathbone from Rotherham? 

28 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

A hybrid team of the relegated players seems a risky move.

Relegated teams can still have some quality individual players… for example, we could have gone down today with Szmodics and Tronstad.

• Like 2

Just now, TheRevAshton said:

Relegated teams can still have some quality individual players… for example, we could have gone down today with Szmodics and Tronstad.

Not to the extent of suggestions that neophox has put forward.

Matos and Drameh are only on loan at those clubs anyway so I suspect its just a case of randomly listing them.

3 hours ago, J*B said:

I’m not joking when I say I think we need six permanent signings and three loans. 

Agree with this. The squad needs a complete overhaul. 

3 hours ago, J*B said:

I’m not joking when I say I think we need six permanent signings and three loans. 

Jesus, my estimations were in double figures... AT LEAST!

• Like 1

Just now, RoversClitheroe said:

Mine too, I think we need 10 players of quality 😂

At the bare minimum we need (in terms of starters):

• GK
  • LB
  • LW
  • RW
  • CF

That would easily deplete our budget, so talk of another 4+ is pie in the sky - even if we need them.

Hyam, gallagher, pears, travis, pickering, dolan, markandy, Telavovic can all go as far as I'm concerned, mixture of reasons some just not good enough and some that underperform and make mistakes far too often. 

Mkfadzen I'd only offer a new 6 month deal maximum. 

That being said, none of them would be adequately replaced, so probably not. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I thought the smiley face would give it away. I would deffo wat £20m for him. top league goalscorer and his peak years. Pay top dollar 

Take the zero off that and that's what we're most likely to sell him for.

5 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

At the bare minimum we need (in terms of starters):

• GK
  • LB
  • LW
  • RW
  • CF

That would easily deplete our budget, so talk of another 4+ is pie in the sky - even if we need them.

I think we I would add McFadz on loan and a CM but JE did say the focus would be on the 2-3 areas not signings.

1) Forwards 

2) keepers 

and then 3) some defensive cover

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

I think we I would add McFadz on loan and a CM but JE did say the focus would be on the 2-3 areas not signings.

1) Forwards 

2) keepers 

and then 3) some defensive cover

You want us to wait for McFadz to sign elsewhere and then negotiate a loan? Even under Venkys that would be taking incompetence to a new level 

• Like 1

Looking at the current squad for next season 

Keepers - Pears, Wahlstedt, Michalski 

RB - Brittain, Duru

CB - Hyam, Carter, Wharton, O'Riordan,  McFadzean

LB - Pickering, Gent

CM - JRC, Tronstad, Travis, Buckley, Garrett 

RW - Hedges, Markanday 

AM - Szmodics, Glisenan 

LW - Sigurdsson,  Dolan

CF - Vale, Leonard, Telalovic, Gallagher

I would give new contracts to McFadzean(12 months contract), Dolan(new 3 year contract) and Gallagher (2 year contract) 

From the squad, I would sell Markanday(just doesn't enough for me and not show much this season), Vale(not good enough), Loan Telalovic and Wahlstedt to get regular first team football, Sort out Travis future whether he is staying or going. Would loan Leonard out to get regular first team football, rated him highly and I think he had a good overall season this season. Deffo one for the future for me. 

So for me we need a new keeper, back up right back, centre back, 2 strikers, another attacking midfielder and possible Szmodics replacement, maybe centre midfielder if Travis leaves.  

Agree that Rathbone has probably been highlighted as his dad played for us but he does seem to have been one of their better players (along with their keeper).

Those mentioning Jordan James can probably think again as I’m sure he’s destined for better things. I’ll ask his dad if I see him on the dog walk later lol. 

What will happen with Trav? Ipswich won’t sign him. He went there to play more games and ended up playing 20 minutes in their last 11 matches. He played a lot more football here in the first half of the season. I’m sure Eustace would have spoken to him and I do think he may be more of a eustace type of player, a bit more blood and thunder. If he comes back then I don’t see us signing another central midfielder.

Possible Keeper signings

Viktor Johansson from Rotherham, Has a release clause of £1m. Yes they would be alot of interest in him but I do think he is deffo worth trying to get him to sign here.

Viktor Johansson 2023 ● Rotherham ► Best 22/23 EFL Championship Goalkeeper (youtube.com)

Daniel Iverson from Leicester. I think he would cost £2m. Solid keeper, aged 26 years old. 

Daniel Iversen Highlights - YouTube

Lee Nicholls from Huddersfield. Aged 31 years old and wouldn't cost alot of money and has plenty of experience of this league aswell

Possible attacking midfielders players signings 

Koji Miyoshi from Birmingham. Can play the 10 role and wide roles. Would cost couple of millions. Eustace signed him for Birmingham last season. 

Some of his goals this season Video | Facebook

Harvey Knibbs from Reading. Would cost £1m I think. can play wide left, number 10 role and up front. scored 11 goals this season for Reading and can press from the front. 

Harvey Knibbs - Player profile 23/24 | Transfermarkt

Harvey Knibbs Reading FC Highlights #readingfc (youtube.com)

Harvey Knibbs: Reading's Pressing Machine? (youtube.com)

Possible striker players signings 

Arron Connelly from Hull. Out of contract this summer. Scored 8 goals in 28 games. Aged 24 years old 

Aaron Connolly goals - Search Videos (bing.com)

Ike Ugbo, On loan at Sheffield Wednesday and Cardiff City this season. Aged 25 years old. 11 goals in 38 games this season. Would cost 2.5 million to 4 million I would guess. 

Iké Ugbo - Player profile 23/24 | Transfermarkt

Joe Taylor. was on loan at Colchester United for the first half of the season and spent the second half of the season at Lincoln City. scored 11 goals in 25 goals in league 2 and 10 goals in 19 games in league 1. His parent club is Luton Town. 

Joe Taylor - Player profile 23/24 | Transfermarkt

Joe Taylor | Highlights 2023 (youtube.com)

Joe Taylor bags hat-trick as Lincoln score FIVE! | Lincoln 5-0 Bristol Rovers | EFL Highlights (youtube.com)

Ivan Prtajin. Plays for SV Wehen Wiesbaden in Bundesliga 2. Scored 13 goals in 28 games this season

Ivan Prtajin - Player profile 23/24 | Transfermarkt

IVAN PRTAJIN - WEHEN WIESBADEN 2022/23 - GOALS COMPILATION (youtube.com)

• Like 3