BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

31 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Do we think Chrisene is available? I’d 100% take a punt on him (if cheap) as cover for LB.

Main Priorities for me is striker and some pace on the flanks.

I think he has a year left on his contract, so I'm sure Villa would talk - I can't imagine he's in their plans going forward. He's a better all-round player than Pickering for me - mainly because he's a plus athlete, whereas Pickering runs like he's got a piano on his back. 

I doubt we'd stump up the fee though. 

I'd ask after Ayari too, but again we won't be able to afford him. 

• Like 3

If Chrisene is available at a reasonable price then I'd say he's worth a punt. Would be a good squad player and is useful with his versatility down the left. Likewise Ayari looks like he has something about him, but probably needs another loan at Championship level to continue his development, so again I wouldn't be against him returning for a full season long loan.

Regarding outgoings. The following IMO definitely need to be let go:

• Gallagher (He's had his time. Either activate extension and then try and sell for a fee or just let him go for nowt)
  • Wahlstedt (Try and sell)
  • Telalovic (Try and sell)
  • Koumetio (End of loan)
  • Fleck (End of contract)
  • Moran (End of loan)
  • Markanday (Try and sell)
  • Garrett (Send on loan)

You can probably add one or two more to that list as well!

The concern is that replacing the above is going to be a big enough job before trying to add to a paper thin squad. I think that's been a huge part of the downfall this season, so many times we've looked to the bench and the subs have had zero impact because they're simply not good enough.

• Like 1

I think Chrisene could end up being a bargain if we can get him cheap. Looks a solid player to me. Mentioned before but we should be keeping an eye on what defenders Bournemouth sign this summer because if Hill is down the pecking order he'd also be a great addition. 

• Like 4

Hopefully hes just trying to protect the players egos. 

We do need major surgery, surely he isnt that deluded into thinking we dont and/or already aware that we wont have any money.

We have loads of loanees going back and our squad is pitifully short, look at the bench today.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

I guess the number of players needed depends on what the club’s ambitions are.

I think even to be a solid mid table team we require at least 5 genuine starters in. Working on the basis that the current incumbents drop down to being squad players. I don't think there will be a massive clear out of players contracted to the club as there will not be the money to replace them. 

Take Wahlstedt and Hyam for example, both we've spent money on and both have had rough seasons. But I think we'll keep both in an attempt to see return on investment. 

But honestly who knows with this club 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, danger19_80 said:

Interesting comments from JE, says we don't need major surgery just two or three quality additions 

In his Radio Lancs interview he said 2 or 3 areas of the pitch. Hopefully keeper and forwards are at least 2 of them

We could stumble on with our gk defence and midfield.

we absolutely cannot survive next season without two first choice winger and a striker. Spend every last penny here and then bodge a few loans in to cover other positions.

59 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Hopefully hes just trying to protect the players egos. 

We do need major surgery, surely he isnt that deluded into thinking we dont and/or already aware that we wont have any money.

We have loads of loanees going back and our squad is pitifully short, look at the bench today.

Of course it is - after drilling the champions in their back yard he’s hardly going to say we need a brand new squad.

8 minutes ago, roverblue said:

We could stumble on with our gk defence and midfield.

we absolutely cannot survive next season without two first choice winger and a striker. Spend every last penny here and then bodge a few loans in to cover other positions.

No team has to play with two wingers. One good one is enough.

2 hours ago, danger19_80 said:

Interesting comments from JE, says we don't need major surgery just two or three quality additions 

I’m not joking when I say I think we need six permanent signings and three loans. 

• Like 8

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I thought the smiley face would give it away. I would deffo wat £20m for him. top league goalscorer and his peak years. Pay top dollar 

£12m tops is all we’re get. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Just seen Gallaghers Instagram - looks like he's here for another season.

if that is indeed true,then we won`t be signing many players and everything will be the same with a few loan signings added and without sammie,stick your season ticket up your **** waggot

37 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Just seen Gallaghers Instagram - looks like he's here for another season.

Im pretty sure we'll sell him if we get a good offer. Combination of high wages, him walking for free next year and his poor season means he will go. Will be very very surprised if hes here come September.

Stansfield would be excellent and he’s worked with Eustace so could be interested. Will we go for Ruddy in goal? I didn’t think he’d had a great season at Birmingham but I could see him coming in. Pears was good again today but has too many mistakes in him. 

1 minute ago, joey_big_nose said:

Im pretty sure we'll sell him if we get a good offer. Combination of high wages, him walking for free next year and his poor season means he will go. Will be very very surprised if hes here come September.

He's an awful football player - surely they can't be keeping him.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ricky said:

Stansfield would be excellent and he’s worked with Eustace so could be interested. Will we go for Ruddy in goal? I didn’t think he’d had a great season at Birmingham but I could see him coming in. Pears was good again today but has too many mistakes in him. 

Pears is frustrating, can have games he looks competent and then others like he has been dragged out from the stands, regardless he can’t be our number 1 next season , sorry 

• Like 2