BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Silvester sacked Baker appointed

Silvester was due to be sacked straight after the transfer cock-up. He is an employee and not on a contract like the manager so cannot be instantly dismissed. 

Legal matters took place and eventually dismissed in April. Replacement came in and much more qualified and hopefully knows how to hit the send button!

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Blue n White Rover said:

Silvester was due to be sacked straight after the transfer cock-up. He is an employee and not on a contract like the manager so cannot be instantly dismissed. 

Legal matters took place and eventually dismissed in April. Replacement came in and much more qualified and hopefully knows how to hit the send button!

Much more qualified ?

You are aware of Silvester's background, experience and the sheer amount of transfers in and out hes overseen right ?

And yet the club haven't acknowledged the hire at all. 

It's an easy PR win, yet they're missing an open goal - if he was indeed sacked for gross incompetence. 

2 hours ago, Blue n White Rover said:

Bullshit. You can be fired instantly for something that brings the company into disrepute.

6 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Bullshit. You can be fired instantly for something that brings the company into disrepute.

No you can’t. You can be suspended immediately with full pay but a full investigation needs to occur, followed by a disciplinary hearing, followed by an appeal.

If Silvester had under 2 years service, then he can be dismissed on the spot. He has more.

GB has under 2 years service and he was fired immediately after the season end.

• Like 3

No you can’t. You can be suspended immediately with full pay but a full investigation needs to occur, followed by a disciplinary hearing, followed by an appeal.

If Silvester had under 2 years service, then he can be dismissed on the spot. He has more.

GB has under 2 years service and he was fired immediately after the season end.

Why haven't the club communicated to the supporters that Broughton has been sacked then?

Why are the supporters at this club treated so poorly?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, tomphil said:

Much more qualified ?

You are aware of Silvester's background, experience and the sheer amount of transfers in and out hes overseen right ?

This is a complete guess, but was Silvesters "good prior work" and record before the EFL changed how transfers were registered from the old school way (faxes etc) to the new online system?

I genuinely do not know, but maybe Silvester did not get to grips with the new system?

Edit - According to this article, faxes were still being used in 2015, but had stopped being used by 2023 (although the article does not state exactly when this change happened).  If the change was 2023 that would tally up perfectly with the issues we have had

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, KentExile said:

This is a complete guess, but was Silvesters "good prior work" and record before the EFL changed how transfers were registered from the old school way (faxes etc) to the new online system?

I genuinely do not know, but maybe Silvester did not get to grips with the new system?

Edit - According to this article, faxes were still being used in 2015, but had stopped being used by 2023 (although the article does not state exactly when this change happened).  If the change was 2023 that would tally up perfectly with the issues we have had

It's a fair point to make and it would be of no surprise if the system was at fault or not fit for purpose or lack of basic training but it did seem to work for the majority of transfers.

Somehow no one could work it properly for mid season big money buys though so it seems rather selective.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, tomphil said:

It's a fair point to make and it would be of no surprise if the system was at fault or not fit for purpose or lack of basic training but it did seem to work for the majority of transfers.

Somehow no one could work it properly for mid season big money buys though so it seems rather selective.

I am not blaming the system (other clubs seem to have managed just fine), just think its possible that Silvester maybe couldn't get to grips with it, which would maybe explain that when pressured for time (late deadline day deals) he messed up.

Pure speculation on my part though

Edited by KentExile

29 minutes ago, KentExile said:

I am not blaming the system (other clubs seem to have managed just fine), just think its possible that Silvester maybe couldn't get to grips with it, which would maybe explain that when pressured for time (late deadline day deals) he messed up.

Like i said it's hard to take in when hes worked it fine for 97% of transfers usually not involving big money.

2 hours ago, KentExile said:

The EFL now have a portal system and only one person per club is authorised to use it via a password.

The Club Secretary, IS, informed colleagues at 9pm (a full two hours before the the deadline) that the transfer had been completed; it was only when they completed the transfer of Fleck immediately before 11pm that they realised something was wrong.

Any system of such importance should have a fail safe checking process.  It is called a telephone and someone should have made a follow up call to check all was in order.

There is only one person to blame and he is the guy authorised to access the portal.  He has now left. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Mike Graham said:

The EFL now have a portal system and only one person per club is authorised to use it via a password.

The Club Secretary, IS, informed colleagues at 9pm (a full two hours before the the deadline) that the transfer had been completed; it was only when they completed the transfer of Fleck immediately before 11pm that they realised something was wrong.

Any system of such importance should have a fail safe checking process.  It is called a telephone and someone should have made a follow up call to check all was in order.

There is only one person to blame and he is the guy authorised to access the portal.  He has now left. 

Spot on.

3 minutes ago, Mike Graham said:

Playing Devils Advocate then Mike why wasn't the send button pressed when they realised it hadn't been done originally. If the Fleck deal went through just  before the 11 pm deadline on the face of it another deal would surely have gone through too albeit really close to the deadline. From memory the Koumetio deal was done closure the deadline too.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Like i said it's hard to take in when hes worked it fine for 97% of transfers usually not involving big money.

Utter nonsense. Szmodics, Telalovic, Wahlstead, Siggurdson, Hyam and Brittain all involved money and didn’t botch any of them up.

Out with the old, in with the new. 

Just now, Blue n White Rover said:

Utter nonsense. Szmodics, Telalovic, Wahlstead, Siggurdson, Hyam and Brittain all involved money and didn’t botch any of them up.

Out with the old, in with the new. 

We paid money for Telalovic ?  I’ll see if my old boots are still in the loft.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Playing Devils Advocate then Mike why wasn't the send button pressed when they realised it hadn't been done originally. If the Fleck deal went through just  before the 11 pm deadline on the face of it another deal would surely have gone through too albeit really close to the deadline. From memory the Koumetio deal was done closure the deadline too.

I can’t answer the bit about Billy Koumetio apart from maybe a loan signing is a different process but that is only guessing.

With the McGuire transfer a secretarial member of staff did the inputting with IS checking over her shoulder.

1 minute ago, Mike Graham said:

I can’t answer the bit about Billy Koumetio apart from maybe a loan signing is a different process but that is only guessing.

With the McGuire transfer a secretarial member of staff did the inputting with IS checking over her shoulder.

I can't understand how, if the error was noted before the 11pm deadline how the paperwork couldn't have been sent then with the push of a button. I seem to remember the report from the O'Brien and Brierley fiasco mentioned a small period of grace after the deadline. I'm not questioning your information but something about this doesn't stack up.

• Moderation Lead

Absolutely mad though isn’t it, that they didn’t forget to press send on Wharton’s transfer out, or Fleck’s transfer in, that had no fee attached?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

Absolutely mad though isn’t it, that they didn’t forget to press send on Wharton’s transfer out, or Fleck’s transfer in, that had no fee attached?

Had a lovely bit of commission for the fat one no doubt.

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

That's not the kind of money i was referring to and well you know it you fraud.

Isn't it coincidental that there's reports of carnage behind the scenes at the club for the 6926459174652474907625816th time and a poster appears on the forum parroting the party line and arguing with anyone who disagrees.

Almost like the club is using disinformation as a tool of psychological warfare against the fanbase....

Just an observation. 

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Isn't it coincidental that there's reports of carnage behind the scenes at the club for the 6926459174652474907625816th time and a poster appears on the forum parroting the party line and arguing with anyone who disagrees.

Almost like the club is using disinformation as a tool of psychological warfare against the fanbase....

Just an observation. 

That account is the damage limitation account on behalf of the club whoever it is.

Always toes the party line and never tells anything Nixon hasn't said first.

• Like 1