SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Music

American Rover

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't posted on this topic for a while (honest to God, nearly a full page wink.gif ), so here's the songs I recently added to my 'mix' minidisc: Arch Enemy - We Will Rise; Blind Guardian - Mirror, Mirror; Children of Bodom - Children of Bodom; Grim Reaper - See You In Hell; Mayhem - Funeral Fog; Slayer - Angel of Death and Apoclyptica's cover of Fade To Black (string quartets covering Metallica songs~~ smile.gif ).

Like your style cool.gif

A few songs I'm listening to today:

Tenacious D - Tribute

Dillinger Escape Plan - 4th Grade dropout

Today Is The Day - The Cold Harshness of Being Wrong

Sixteen Horsepower - American Wheeze

Thee Michelle Gun Elephant - Satanic Boom Boom Head

The new Morrissey album is great, especially the opening line of the first song:

" America your head's too big, because America, your belly's too big"

Now if that doesn't make you want to buy it, I don't know what will.

While over seeing the rovers, I was chatting to a bloke in a pub in Rishton who said that he was mates with the guys from the Burn. To my horror (maybe a little strong) he said that they had been dropped by their record company. Now, admittedly I wouldn't say that they were the greatest band in the world but I did like their tunes and would definitely buy their next album.

The good news is that he said that they have sacked their bassist (reasons that I wont say on here) and they are looking to get back on the road in the near future.

Just thought the other burn fans would like to know thumbs-up.gif

I'm glad there is another person here that doesn't think the sun shines out of his bum. I quite like The Smiths, and his new song is pretty good, but he seems a bit of a tw_t as a person. He was boring and quite arrogant when he was on Jonothan Ross, and hopefully he won't do many more interviews. Morrissey is an idol to anti-social types who want to sit in their bedroom all day and avoid human contact.

I'm glad there is another person here that doesn't think the sun shines out of his bum. I quite like The Smiths, and his new song is pretty good, but he seems a bit of a tw_t as a person. He was boring and quite arrogant when he was on Jonothan Ross, and hopefully he won't do many more interviews. Morrissey is an idol to anti-social types who want to sit in their bedroom all day and avoid human contact.

The thing that struck me most about Morrissey on the Jonathon Ross show is how old he looks these days. I know he's been out of the public eye for a few years, but he looked like an embarassing uncle doing his "Mozza" impression at a wedding (not helped by the nasty Butlins style jacket he was wearing). Always thought he was crap anyway, miserable sod.

Edited by Morph

• 2 weeks later...

Very disappointed with that list - where the hell's this lot?:

Beta Band - 3 EPs

Blur - Modern Life is Rubbish

Doves - Lost Souls

Doves - Last Broadcast

Jesus & Mary Chain - Psychocandy

Manic Street Preachers - Holy Bible

My Bloody Valentine - Loveless

Orbital - Brown album

Portishead - Dummy

Radiohead - The Bends

Slits - Cut

Spiritualized - Ladies & Gentlemen we are Floating in Space

Suede - Suede

Tricky - Maxinquaye

At the end of the day it's just a list.

We could do one now and it would carry just as much credibility.

The problem with such lists is that bands are limited to only one album, bands like The Beatles and The Stones have albums that would ###### all over several of the other albums on that list.

For instance in numerous lists (or whatever) amongst Stones fans (on the website etc) have voted Beggars Banquet(number 7 in this list) as the Stones 5th best album, yet it is the one that appears in this list.

Listened to a Jeff Buckley concert on the radio this morning. Now I finally see what all the hype is about. Just a shame the accolades came after his death.

Does anyone else think that Jet's "Will you be my Woman" is one of the finest singles for many, many years? seems to me that's how rock music was and should be.