SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Music

American Rover

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently the latest Slipknot album or two have had rave reviews from people who originally billed them as crap clowns. Certainly their latest was popular with a reviewer friend of mine who didn't like them before.

I though only one of them was a clown, the other have differnent masks don't they smile.gif

Apparently the latest Slipknot album or two have had rave reviews from people who originally billed them as crap clowns. Certainly their latest was popular with a reviewer friend of mine who didn't like them before.

I though only one of them was a clown, the other have differnent masks don't they smile.gif

The masks are used to cover up their faces as they laugh hysterically at the vacuous, city-centre depressives who lap up their 'non-conformist' noise.

Got the new Sonata Arctica album today, very nice. I've actually spent too much on CDs lately, but it's the situation where you're in the record trading shop and you know if you don't buy the album right there and then someone else will. So, albums by Rhapsody, Children of Bodom, Primal Fear, Angel Dust, Megadeth, Dream Evil and Teenage Fanclub (spot the odd one out huh.gif ) getting heavily roteated at the mo.

So, albums by Rhapsody, Children of Bodom, Primal Fear, Angel Dust, Megadeth, Dream Evil and Teenage Fanclub (spot the odd one out huh.gif )

Got it.

TF.

The only ones I've heard of. Indeed, got the lot.

Anyone get the new REM yet? Thinking of downloading it tonight from ITunes.

I'd certainly recomend REM's new album. I fell in love with it on the first listen - which hasn't happened with the last 3 albums. I guess because it is probably what you'd expect from them this time, whereas the last few albums have always been a bit different to what they have done previously. There are still a couple of surprises on the album though. Beautiful music and beautiful lyrics.

Does anybody listen to Eagles of Death Metal? I've been listening to them for a few months now, they've slowly made their way to the top of my favourite bands list...

Josh Homme (QOTSA front man) is in the band, although he's called Carlo Von Sexron, he's on the drums and does singing, I believe the album was released through his record label as well.

There's some live songs you can download off their site, these are my favourites:

I only want you

Speaking in tongues

Kiss the Devil

They also seem to have the coolest guy in the world in the mix too...I'm sure you'll work out which one he is:

user posted image

Anyone get the new REM yet? Thinking of downloading it tonight from ITunes.

I'd certainly recomend REM's new album. I fell in love with it on the first listen - which hasn't happened with the last 3 albums. I guess because it is probably what you'd expect from them this time, whereas the last few albums have always been a bit different to what they have done previously. There are still a couple of surprises on the album though. Beautiful music and beautiful lyrics.

Good call. Spent all yesterday listening to it over and over while playing the FM Gold Demo. Unlike albums in the past, this one seems to lack that one annoying song that you wanted to skip past immediately.

Downloaded R.E.M's new album and, as an R.E.M fan, I'm extremely disapointed. There just no kick to any of their songs except the first track.

Keane - Hopes and Fears is one of the best albums I have heard in a long time, while Snow Patrol - Final Straw is another excellent album.

Have many people heard Jimmy Eat World's new album, or even of Jimmy Eat World?... unsure.gif

Not to be pedantic (or risk the flood controls keeping out of this thread...) but how can you be disappointed with an album having no kick to it and then praise Keane? Snow Patrol on the other hand are reasonable - 'Run' is the way pop music should be done.

Not to be pedantic (or risk the flood controls keeping out of this thread...) but how can you be disappointed with an album having no kick to it and then praise Keane? Snow Patrol on the other hand are reasonable - 'Run' is the way pop music should be done.

A friend has the Snow Patrol album. As she is into acts like Coldplay and The Stereophonics I thought it couldn't possibly be any good. I borrowed and burned it and found it surprisingly good. Very nice indeed actually. Snow Patrol get quite a raw deal over here as they went to the poncy wannabe public school down the road from me.

I don't know how to describe it Radagast - I have no idea about music, I just like what I hear and while Hopes and Fears is generally slow, the songs have a really nice rythem and are really catchy. R.E.M's new album on the other hand just seems... well, boring. The first track aside there is just no catchy beat and no rythem. sorry but I just do not like it. Compare that with songs like Great Beyond, Man on the Moon and Losing my Religion and this album is really disapointing.

(and don't ask me to explain about rythems and beats - I gave music up at school when I was 14 tongue.gif )

Run - Snow Patrol is one of my favourite songs in a long, long time and last week I decided to download the album. I was very pleased that I did - it encouraged me to buy tickets for their London gig but while their site said there were tickets available, there were infact not. That's Keane, Snow Patrol and Maroon 5 ph34r.gif I'm going to miss playing live now...