SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Music

American Rover

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No it wouldn't. Westlife sell millions and millions of albums and I don't see you suggesting they are a top quality band.

Indeed they do and in your opinion and in my opinion they are crap. I think that Linkin Park are good and even though I'm not a huge Jay-Z fan, I think that this is great collaboration. On a different point, have you heard Ian Brown's album 'The Music Of The Spheres'? Top class.

As for Radagast's comments, Manowar and Dream Evil are as big a joke to me as Linkin Park and Jay-Z are to you.

No it wouldn't. Westlife sell millions and millions of albums and I don't see you suggesting they are a top quality band.

Indeed they do and in your opinion and in my opinion they are crap. I think that Linkin Park are good and even though I'm not a huge Jay-Z fan, I think that this is great collaboration. On a different point, have you heard Ian Brown's album 'The Music Of The Spheres'? Top class.

As for Radagast's comments, Manowar and Dream Evil are as big a joke to me as Linkin Park and Jay-Z are to you.

But then, of course, you've never listened to either of them so your 'opinion' is completely invalid.

I don't think that Jay-Z, Linkin Park or Westlife are great bands or artists and I have never bought any records of them or will do.

It's all about opinions, I don't think the three mentioned are good bands at all, but they sell millions of records, so there must be people who do think they're quality bands.

But then, of course, you've never listened to either of them so your 'opinion' is completely invalid.

And you know this how... ? huh.gif

I heard alot of noise by one of them, that was enough. I like the way you put the word opinion in '', as if it didn't matter. Very clever.

This is an argument that no-one can win as it’s all so subjective. How can you possible gage whether one band is better than another ? Is it simply down to sales figures ?

Having said that, Doves are the best band in the world. Ever ! tongue.gif

Exactly, you can judge who you like personally, but the true point is how many people like them. I hate to admit this, but using that guage, the Spice Girls are one of the greatest musical acts ever.

This is an argument that no-one can win as it’s all so subjective. How can you possible gage whether one band is better than another ?  Is it simply down to sales figures ? 

Having said that, Doves are the best band in the world. Ever !  tongue.gif

Exactly, you can judge who you like personally, but the true point is how many people like them. I hate to admit this, but using that guage, the Spice Girls are one of the greatest musical acts ever.

Nonsense, you cannot critique things that way. It is just rank popularism.

Say the majority of people were hooked on heroin and they loved it I think it would still be acceptable to say it was a terrible thing.

I would also think it would be an easily defensible judgement, indee ultimately correct one, that Shakespear is a more entertaining cultural figure than the spice girls, despite being (probably) less appreciated in general.

It is a funny thing, a bit like morality. Everybody knows they shouldnt steal and to not often make an argument for justyfying it on a general level. However some individuals sometimes cannot control their base urges or conspire to commit wrong for the pleasure of satisfying them. What I am saying is listening to the spice girls, or indeed heavy metal, equates to theft.

tongue.gif

• 2 weeks later...
I thought Linkin Park's first album was very good.

Speaking of manufactured boy bands, Busted are taking a break from music.

Hopefully for at least 50 years.

AESF will be gutted. wink.gif

I watched a bit of America or Busted on MTV yesterday. I feel quite sorry for them. They're vainly trying to struggle free of the 'boy bad' tag, yet their music and appearance is so hideously contrived. The show really highlights the fact that the music industry in the US can spot talentless nobodies when they're half-way across the pond.