BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rivaldo For Notlob

For all those folk who were singing the praises of Big Fat Sam (and using him as a battering ram to criticise Souness) it's interesting to note that well into pre-season Souness has landed three targets - all of which were wanted by other top-flight clubs - and the new faces have been able to gel with the rest of the squad.

However, things aren't going quite as well at the Reebok.

Allardyce also reaffirmed his frustration at missing out on a number of targets during the close season.

“As soon as we secured our Premiership status in May, I went out to sign four players and failed to get any of them. Then we had another eight targets, came very close with some of them, and couldn't complete those deals either.

So he failed to land his top TWELVE targets !!! Does that mean granddad Les was number 13 on his list ?

Are the BFS Fan Club on here going to re-consider their membership ?!

laugh.giflaugh.gif

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big Sam has said for a few years now that he only gets around 10% of his transfer targets, it's highly likely that people like Larsson and Davids were among those he tried to get, it's no suprise he failed.

He works by the 'if you don't ask you don't get' theory, he'll get turned down a lot but when he gets an Okocha or a Campo then it's worth it.

Agree, Campo is quite good, and his abilities combined with Okocha's abilities makes them a good pair..

I'm also impressed with Souey in the transfer market, it's been a long time since a player has rejected Rovers and joined someone else.. (excluding Larsson, he's out of our league. Literally speaking rolleyes.gif )

Edited by herbergeehh

For all those folk who were singing the praises of Big Fat Sam (and using him as a battering ram to criticise Souness) it's interesting to note that well into pre-season Souness has landed three targets - all of which were wanted by other top-flight clubs - and the new faces have been able to gel with the rest of the squad.

Allardyce also reaffirmed his frustration at missing out on a number of targets during the close season.

“As soon as we secured our Premiership status in May, I went out to sign four players and failed to get any of them. Then we had another eight targets, came very close with some of them, and couldn't complete those deals either.

So he failed to land his top TWELVE targets !!! Does that mean granddad Les was number 13 on his list ?

laugh.giflaugh.gif

Go on then Tris, I'll bite.

How can you blame Allardyce for not capturing the signings he targetted? Surely that's up to the money men at the club.

What it shows is that the behind-the-scenes setup at the Reebok isn't as good as ours. It's no reflection at all on Allardyce's ability.

Ultimately, Souness will not be judged on whether he's captured the signings he wanted, he'll be judged on whether or not those signings have improved the team.

looks like we won't get any players with souness as he is regarded to be hard to work with, took this from a fulham website:

'Many believe that he has something to prove after not having the best of times at Blackburn over the past couple of years. Graeme Souness has a reputation of being a nightmare to work with and most football fans recognise the fact that he is a complete and utter tit. He last week directed a parting shot at Andy, labelling him a "baby" over the way he has behaved recently at Rovers. I find this an astonishing case of pot and kettle. When has Souness ever taken responsibility for a poor Blackburn result? It's never his fault and this is why I cant ever take him seriously, none more so than on this occasion. Speaking of his time at Ewood Park Cole said: "I had a difficult two years at Blackburn but as a result of that I've got a lot of desire.

Yeah, smart statement after we've gotten players that several teams were all after in the last couple seasons (Emerton, Dickov, Matteo, etc.). And if you watch the post match interviews, he does take the blame on occasion.

Since when is Fulham fans always right?

Of course they want to blame it all on Souness, since Cole is a Fulham player now, they can't blame him for what happened.

There's always more than one angle, and I'm sure that Cole is to blame aswell as Souness.

looks like we won't get any players with souness as he is regarded to be hard to work with, took this from a fulham website:

'Many believe that he has something to prove after not having the best of times at Blackburn over the past couple of years. Graeme Souness has a reputation of being a nightmare to work with and most football fans recognise the fact that he is a complete and utter tit. He last week directed a parting shot at Andy, labelling him a "baby" over the way he has behaved recently at Rovers. I find this an astonishing case of pot and kettle. When has Souness ever taken responsibility for a poor Blackburn result? It's never his fault and this is why I cant ever take him seriously, none more so than on this occasion. Speaking of his time at Ewood Park Cole said: "I had a difficult two years at Blackburn but as a result of that I've got a lot of desire.

Actually I would say for a certain type of player I would say Souness is a very attractive type of manager to work with. Those types of player who share the same kind of outlook, grafters like Niell and DIckov fit into that category but so do talented players who put an emphasis hardwork and dedication- such as Ferguson, Thomson, Duff, Friedel and Matteo.

Having the softly, softly ego massaging technique is good for the Dunn's, Yorke's but it is a fine balancing act because they can end up holding you to randsom. Ask Keegan about that.

The only manager I can think of in the Prem who has a good allround record is the supreme Wenger- even RFW dosnt suffer 'babies' galdly like our Graeme although to be fair he doe seem to have the talent of making stroppy characters bend to his will- although that might be due to the fact he runs the biggest club in world. It is a bot harder oto walk away from.

The principle problem for me is that Souness has signed players he must of known there would be problems with (Yorke, Cole, Grabbi), although he seems to of stopped that now.

ps. Thinking about it I wonder whether Donnelly's lack of head way might be because of a wrong 'attitude' in Souness' eyes. That would be a shame if it is true.

pps. To look at it slightly differently a big question for everybody- who has left Ewood and improved themselves in the Souness era? Duff is the only answer I can come up with and we got loads of cash.

I noticed in passing some interview or other going on purported to be at notlob's training ground at the weekend.

In the background was an impressive selection of plastic garden furniture complete with sunshades! wacko.gif

Yeah but that quote was by JimMKII laugh.gif

but when he gets an Okocha or a Campo then it's worth it.

laugh.giflaugh.gif Oh thats a good one.

Oh wait, you weren't joking blink.gif

I wouldn't criticise too much. He may cut a comic and portly figure on the pitch but Campo played damned well as the playmaker for Bolton last season.

laugh.giflaugh.gif

Before you laugh too loud Tris it would be interesting to compare the number of season ticket sales. I don't know where Notlob are up to but I a sure as hell that ours are somewhat worse than disappointing.

I know that the two are connected but if GS loses his job at Ewood the loss of ST sales will have figured larger in the boards decison than the lack of success last season.

I've got to say that I've bollocked quite a few people for not renewing. OK they all give plenty of excuses ranging from last years poor home results, Footballers wives and roastings through the sales of Duff / Dunne, players that are Soueys 'babies' (imo more accurately described as BRN's (Big Ron's nemesis)), revoltingly bad taste cars on the Blackburn End car park that can only ever be sold on to drug dealers, to sickeningly excessive players wage demands etc etc

BUT

The population of this small, deprived, run-down ex-mill town does not deserve a Prem League team, neither does it warrant a Prem League team but it is struggling desperately to defy gravity by keeping a Prem League team! The current sceptical / critical / sarcastic call it what-you-will mood of the waggy style waverers coupled with the downright wicked mischief making of the Jim's etc is unfortunately all so very reminiscent of the 1960's when following a relatively successful period a bad performance in an FA Cup Final (re: the 'Derek Dougan effect' for the 'Cole/Yorke/Todd effect'), the subsequent lifting of the max wage (topically and very ironically something which many people are now calling for a return to), and the subsequent sales of star home-grown players saw the club enter into a 30 year decline rescued only by the immense fortune and extreme good will of one of Blackburns favourite sons. (Barbara Castle Way?!?ffs---- but that should be on another topic.)

They say that 'history repeats itself' and that 'what goes around comes around' but if we want to retain top-flite status then we all need to pull together and try damned hard and everything in our power to ensure that 'where were you when you were sh1t' is never heard again around Ewood Park.

Edited by thenodrog

Bolton have just landed Hierro on a one year contract.

I'd buy that for a dollar.

BFS does it again?

Does what again? Buys an over the hill has been who will drag down the wage bill for the next couple years?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.