BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rivaldo For Notlob

Can Someone please tell me what bolton have to offer that we don't??? it's crazy does sam put vallium or some other drug in the tea over there. Rivaldo could go to japan, saudi arabia or usa on more than triple what he'll get at bolton. Has bolton changed alot since i was last there???

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can Someone please tell me what bolton have to offer that we don't??? it's crazy does sam put vallium or some other drug in the tea over there. Rivaldo could go to japan, saudi arabia or usa on more than triple what he'll get at bolton. Has bolton changed alot since i was last there???

The word is that he will be getting around 100k a week, around £5m a year. I'm sure he'll get help with a car, house, a few girls and a few players in the club that can speak his language.

What more would he want at his age? Oh I almost forgot, he gets to play aswell.

Superstella- There's no confirmation of a press conference at the Reebok today anywhere.

You've got to remember that rovers don't know what division they will be in next year.

They can't do anything until that's sorted. Having said that, I don't think Souey would have gone for him anyway. Lots of prem clubs have had the chance in the last 12 months - no takers.

I hope they do, it'll be great. Barry Fry's Barnet all over again !.

I can't for the life of me see what Barry Fry's fly-away harido has got to do with it though Billy!!

I remember when Barnet got promoted to the league, and Fry had a stated policy of all-out attack. The first match as a league club was a 7-4 loss to Crewe. Barnet got promoted soon afterwards, but the chairman, a certain Stan Flashman, got sent down for being a ticket tout, and it all imploded.

I cant believe Rivaldo would even consider Bolton. I know they have had a good year and doing better than us but Y!!! Bolton. I hate all Bolton supporters because there all cocky but Rivaldo will have a shock when he see's the stadium is made of breezeblocks.

No Worries Fellas,

Been watching rivaldo the past 3 years and I think he was already losing the plot before Japan... was in Brasil this past year and I saw a handful of Cruziero Libertadores matches (4 or so).

He's lost all his speed - only the guile remains (jaded)-

He was not a difference maker even in South American club competition against small time Peruvian teams... so, I think he's passed his sell by date.

From what I 've heard, his health problems all originate from a very poor childhood and horrendous nutrition growing up..... Poor bloke.

tinykit.gif

Good Luck to them.

Rivaldo is sure to be a crowd-puller, and even if he only sticks around for a season and disappoints - the club's profile will be improved.

Here's a question. Amongst foreigners, who do you think is more well-known - Bolton or Blackburn.

I'm not sure, because although we've won the league and had a few stunted European campaigns, Bolton have recently been signing a lot of foreign players that must have brought the club a bit of media interest abroad.

Well, seeing as if spent quite a bit of the last 4 years living in a couple of different areas in spain and having many spanish friends -added to the fact i watch spanish tv every day i think im qualified to answer this.

Most spaniards dont even beleive me when i tell them we won the league 9 years ago! Bolton are slighlty better known here but more due to the presence of Ivan Campo more than anything. A lot of people do know the rovers though as if you have Digital + (spanish version of sky digital, but better!) then you see more english premier league acton than is possible in the UK.

It's easy to be cynical about this (especially when it's one of your neighbours and rivals) but I think Bolton should be congratulated if they manage to secure Rivaldo's signature.

The interest created by Rivaldo in the Premiership will lift Bolton's profile enormously on TV and in the press both here and abroad and may give the club another boost next season after their successful campaign this term.

His name will help Allardyce to draw other signings to the club and, who knows, he might even be a fantastic success on the field if he manages to recapture the form of two years ago. If he has any professional pride he will certainly want to restore his reputation after his experiences at Barcelona and Milan.

I wish we were signing him.

Mind-boggling transfer, but it's about to happen.

The player is in Manchester talking to Sam Allardyce at the moment.

blink.gif Cheeky buggers.

I hear their sniffing around Prso also. huh.gif

Get your finger out Souness...

And you have to say that if you were prso you would be more intrigued about playing with Rivaldo than say Barry Feguson.

That plus the extra tickets sold and the vague possibiity of some Brazilain flair makes it an excellent signing.

It's easy to be cynical about this (especially when it's one of your neighbours and rivals) but I think Bolton should be congratulated if they manage to secure Rivaldo's signature.

The interest created by Rivaldo in the Premiership will lift Bolton's profile enormously on TV and in the press both here and abroad and may give the club another boost next season after their successful campaign this term.

His name will help Allardyce to draw other signings to the club and, who knows, he might even be a fantastic success on the field if he manages to recapture the form of two years ago. If he has any professional pride he will certainly want to restore his reputation after his experiences at Barcelona and Milan.

Is that because it'd attract media attention? Sorry but I don't want to pay a guy £40k a week easy when he's been past it for two years. We loaned another bloke on name alone and look how sh!te he was wink.gif

• 2 weeks later...

jim, why do you contradict yourself so? You have always harped on about past it, over paid players and what a waste of money. You know as well as I Rivaldo was finished as a top class palyer a couple of years ago.

I can't help but feel your response would be the polar opposite if it was Souness trying to get him, right jim?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.