BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pedersen Bid

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Karayaka came on as a second half sub. He won't want to remember his first involvement but looked pretty good on the ball.

Didn't like the way he slowly jogged around though when Russia were chasing the game in the last 20 minutes.

I think what you both mean is that he constantly drifted out of position (into the centre) and so kept having to use his right foot. The Spanish defenders presumably having done their homework rather well.

His team mates, fans and all residents of Russia will probably wish he'd only use his left, or preferably just stay on the bench.

Have to agree with Tris here,

he came on and looked more like a left sided central midfielder to me as he constantly looked to come inside rather than trot down the wing.

Also noticed him WAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY out of position at times in the middle of the park, seemed a fairly average chap from what i saw today, tho he didnt get much of a game, didnt think he lived up to the 'lively left sided player with flair' the commentators gave him.

Some major straw clutching going on here. Suddenly Karayaka is a better option than MGP? Why? Because he played 20 minutes agaisnt Spain? Lets be honest. Most people on this messageboard havent got the first clue about either. We'll see how things map out. No matter which one we sign, certain folk will argue for it, and against it. I look forward to seeing who we get. Whether its MGP or Karayaka, I will welcome them to Ewood with open arms.

He seems very confident on the ball with both feet.Ill take him thank you.

ohmy.gif

he touched the ball about 5 times and made 1 run, gave the ball away twice and you want him signed sealed and delivered?

drifted in too much and would leave gray exposed at the back to often on the counter attack in the premiership

In all fairness, even Duff had to switch wingers to avoid Puyol. I doubt there's a better right-back in the world.

ARE YOU MAD? You must surly have forgotten about Lucas Neil as being the best right back in the world biggrin.gif

In all fairness, even Duff had to switch wingers to avoid Puyol. I doubt there's a better right-back in the world.

ARE YOU MAD? You must surly have forgotten about Lucas Neil as being the best right back in the world biggrin.gif

Or John Curtis?!

Or John Curtis?!

I hold my hands up lads, I forgot about these two. I also forgot about Jonothan Douglas playing at right-back.

Still, 4th best in the world. Pretty impressive! smile.gif

I think Karyaka was given licence to roam when he came on, because Russia were desperate for a goal.

You can't judge him on 20mins but he looked a positive player who wants to run with the ball. And we need that type.

I watched the game last night and have seldom seen MGP better. He played against one of the best Norwegian right defenders (Alexander Aas, on the national team on some occasions), and made him the obvious worst player on the field. biggrin.gif Morten forced two yellow cards on the other teams defenders.

From what I hear i Tromsø, MGP really wants to go to Rovers mad.gif But the price must be right - or Blackburn must be willing to wait until october/november. rover.gif

Suspected that Gamst was interested in moving, after reading what he's said about the club. Hopefully we'll come back with an improved bid, but I don't think the transfers will happen on Tromsø's premises, and certainly he won't be signed for october !

Sadly, really, I think Tromsø will bend although they financially and contractwise doesn't have to sell - good for Blackburn though.

A group of businessmen has bought part of Tromsøs stadium, allowing the club to pay back a loan of NKR 30 mill, and to save NKR 5.5 mill for a rainy day. Viking Stavanger has told Norwegian media that they will contact Tromsø today about our second-choice striker Peter Kovacs, international for Hungary, to check out if Tromsø is willing to sell him (we probably are). If MGP leaves now, we are interested in a switch with Viking left-winger Peter Kopteff (international for Finland). After yesterdays match a lot of pressure is put on MGP and Tromsø IL to keep our star player here the whole season (club manager, teammates etc etc) tongue.gif

http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=230576

If MGP is interested in coming to Ewood, he had better let his opinions be known now.

Rovers are reported by The Independent to be in negotiations to bring Javier de Pedro to Ewood on a free.

Hope that does not mean we are saving our entire transfer budget for a move for Nicky Butt whom I fear will prove to be as underwhelming a signing as Dwight Yorke.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.