BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pedersen Bid

Well it doesnt matter if he has a bad game or two,but I think that is a good wake up call,cause many of us are expecting him or whoever to come in at left wing and set the place on fire,we have to be realistic,MGP is young,and consistency is something that will come by age.

Could the same not be said for Jonny Douglas, Steven Reid and even Jemal Johnson.

Sometimes it's better the devil you know...

On the subject of Pedersen, this proposed deal gets more alarming as time goes by. His club holding out for more money and no-one actually witnessing him having a good game. Then there's the supposed interest from Villa and Man U that has suddenly disappeared.

From the original cries of 'sign him' and 'just buy him' bets are being hedged and the talk is now, 'give him time, he'll take time to adjust to the PL'.

Keep the powder dry Souey, he's patently not good enough.

There is the small fact that Douglas and Reid aren't left wingers though?

I don't understand how writing a few lines in the LET gives you this in depth knowledge on Pedersen an the fact he'll be a flop?!

Your arguement regarding united and villa is pretty lightweight too. Think about it logically.

United - They've got Giggs to play there and he's still one of the best left wingers in the prem. Alan Smith can also do a good job there. I'm guessing they also have a few decent youth team lads who could do a job too. Even the likes of United have a transfer budget and they clearly have bigger priorities than a left winger. Left face it they could afford to let him play for us for a season and snatch him off us if he does well - sad but true......

Villa - I suspect their interest was mainly due to the Gareth Barry contract situation, however the fact that that seems to have been cleared up means they don't need Pedersen right now either. Then there's the fact they have Whittingham to play there too. Villa have made it quite clear they're working with a tight budget.....

Very good.

Firstly, I have no in depth knowledge but I go off the fact that Norwegian attacking players very rarely are anything more than functional. If you can name one other than Solskjaer who isn't then I'll doff my cap in your direction.

Your argument about United and the left wing situation is flawed too. With Keane, Scholes and Butt to play central midfield (arguably the best trio in the prem) why did they then go out and buy Kleberson and Djemba Djemba for big bucks? I understand that left wing is probably not a huge concern but then again I wouldn't have central midfield as being so for them either.

I'll be leaving the fray on this particular topic and I'll refrain from posting I told you so if and when he fails to deliver because it would appear he will be signing.

Conversely if he surprises me and turns out to be the new wing sensation of the prem I will gladly admit I was wrong...and quite possibly show my backside in the Ewood club too.

Carews a decent striker is he not?

Keane (by his own admission cannot play a full season in the premiership anymore and has accepted he won't. Kleberson was highly rated and has been a big let down to be fair. Djemba Djemba I'm not entirely sure about but didn't it bag an agent a nice little fee? Make of that what you will. Butt is surplus to requirements.....

Fair enough, I just can't see how you can write a player off because he's norweigan and you haven't seen him play!

Carew? Don't rate him really high but I don't suppose you play for Valencia and score so many goals if you're a numpty.

Cap doffed ever so slightly!!

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carew? Don't rate him really high but I don't suppose you play for Valencia and score so many goals if you're a numpty.

Cap doffed ever so slightly!!

Well, Flo har not been a disaster IMHO.

He had an unsuccessful spell at Rangers, but the expectations was immence there and thats the reason he got slated so much there. If you look at his stats, he actually did a decent job there.

Also he had terrible time at Sunderland. Who could blame him for not doing well there? Afterall, as striker is only as good as the service he gets.

He is actually doing well now in Serie A playing for Sienna.

Then there is Mykland, a brilliant centre mid(just to bad his injury cut his career short). Played well for Panathinakos, and Copenhagen. His passing was sublime. Was often called "Norways Brazillian"

Not good news. There's not many left midfielders about, and considering we really need to fill that position I reckon we can afford to spend a large part of our transfer budget on someone like Pederson.

As for the whole aclimatising discussion, Norweigans do tend to settle in England better than players other countries, and certainly appear to adapt more quickly. Not saying players fromother countries don't just that statistically Norweigans are amongst those who most regularly do. I feel its a gamble worth taking. On the whole issue of carrying a player we've carried whoever's been left mid all season, and I don't think Pederson would need to be carried, but if we do - well, we're used to it. dry.gif

We need a decent prospect on the left.

All a bit academic now.

The LET are reporting the Rovers will NOT increase their offer for MGP.

Time to look elsewhere.

The first or the second offer? We did go back with an improved offer I believe, and I haven't heard that Tromsø has rejected it yet..

Is this the CD we are after?? please god let it be.. rover.gif

Sign him up Souney..!

Edited by krislu

All a bit academic now.

Time to look elsewhere.

How do you know that Philipl? Can't see anything on the web and they don't deliver the LET to Malta, do they? smile.gif

All a bit academic now.

Time to look elsewhere.

Williams said they will not increase it financially, but are looking to alter the deal in other ways to make it more attractive to Tromso in the LET article.

Expect a deal wearing a mini-skirt and lingerie then...

Carrick? Eer, no thanks. under-performing over-rated player... if ever there was a player born to play for Spurs.

And if the MGP bids turned down again, I think there are lot worse things that could happen than to go for a gronkjaer loan.

Inconsistent, blah blah blah, he'd still be a good loan move it it meant we could gather the extra coppers to finance a permanent MGP deal.

Carrick? Eer, no thanks. under-performing over-rated player... if ever there was a player born to play for Spurs.

And if the MGP bids turned down again, I think there are lot worse things that could happen than to go for a gronkjaer loan.

Inconsistent, blah blah blah, he'd still be a good loan move it it meant we could gather the extra coppers to finance a permanent MGP deal.

I was under the belief that Jesper is in the post heading towards Birmingham huh.gif

Micheal Carrick overrated ?

yr joking mate he is the most complete midfielder in Div 1 and is the type of player that can enhance greatly given a run in the Premiership.

he would be an idela foil for ferguson should tugay depart Rovers.

tinykit.gif

I was under the belief that Jesper is in the post heading towards Birmingham huh.gif

I was under the belief that he is right-footed. We have tried plenty of those on our left hand side already.

"I thought he was good, according to you Norweigens. Now you're saying he's rubbish ?. This is very confusing for me now. So should us non-Norweigens be happy to see him here or not ?."

MGP has been a very promising player for years (U-21 etc), his problem has been stability, he has played some excellent games, and then disapperared in the following matches. As it always happens with technical wing-players, the defenders have played very rough against him, I don´t think any players in the Norwegian PL has "caused" so many cards for the defenders as MGP the last couple of years. He has also "won" a number of penalties.

This season some important things have happened: 1) The lad has got more muscles - and self-confidence (the latter because he is now a regular player at the national team); 2) The team is much better than before. Our right-winger (Karim Essediri) had his debut for Tunisia last week, and Mika Koppinen is a regular player for Finland. Lars Iver Strand is the captain of U-21, Jonas Johansen is the captain of U-19. Our striker, Ole Martin Årst, returned from Belgium last year (has been top scorer there). Our other striker, Peter Kovacs, has played for Hungary. Our key defender and captain Steinar Nilsen has played for AC Milan and Napoli ETC ETC.

And most important of all: We got an excellent coach/manager (Per Hogmo) before this season. A former Tromsø player, Per won olympic gold medals with the Norwegian women in Australia, and he has coached the Norwegian U-21 with good results. The problem is that he ALSO has got offers from foreign clubs (Eintracht, Lens), and has a clause in his contract that he might leave after one year if he gets a good offer from abroad mad.gif

Edited by baberg

Micheal Carrick overrated ?

yr joking mate he is the most complete midfielder in Div 1 and is the type of player that can enhance greatly given a run in the Premiership.

he would be an idela foil for ferguson should tugay depart Rovers.

tinykit.gif

I usually agree with what you say 1864Roverite, but I gotta disagree here. Carrick is vastly overrated, certainly not the kind of player we should be wasting any money on.

The first offer from Blackburn was 1.5 mill + 0.5 mill after x played games. Tromsø will definitely not sell him for less than 2.5 mill tongue.gif

Well, he is NOT worth it..! BTW we beat you 1-0 yesterday..

Well that was a robbery - and BTW we are still in the lead of the Norwegian PL laugh.giflaugh.gif

Edited by baberg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.