BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pedersen Bid

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't say I'd be upset if it did fall through - too much of a gamble for me.

Having said that, we must have someone else lined up. I mean we've known since the beginning of LAST season that we needed a left sided player. So with 12 months to work at it,and with our global scouting system, I wonder how the name Morten Gamst Pedersen was at the top of the wish list. Is there not a better bet anywhere?

Well, den, Souey has been watching MGP quite closely, and he knows his qualities and what he needs to work on. He needs to get stronger and obviously get used to the tempo in the Premiership, but he also has got some qualities that the Rovers team absolutely lacks, like a GREAT left-foot and the fact that he's a natural winger. He could also become a good goalscorer IMO. He's not to unsimilar to Solskjaer in playing style really, although he's more of a winger than Solskjaer.

proven left winger who plays in a higher league,hmm and you want to budget that and a central defnder and possibly a central midfielder for 4 million? wink.gif I dont think so.

We have two choices,get a young,ambitious,potentially great player who hasnt proven himself at the highest level and let him do that with us,Like MGP OR get an older,much older,most likely 30ish left winger,who already proved himself long ago but most likely past his peak,who can give us 1 or 2 years max,someone like De Pedro.

We cant get someone in between those two,because they will be at their peak and will cost us alot more than 1-2 million,people like Rothen.

Fair enough Herbegeeh, you've no doubt have seen him play, I haven't.

It would be lovely for us to sign him, and for him to be the dog's bojangles, I still have this nagging doubt, based on instinct I suppose, backed by our recent foray's into the foreign market.

As for Souey watching him, well we had Baggio on trial at Ewood and still got it wrong.

Find someone with a known pedigree I say.

Like I wrote a couple of days ago - if Blackburn wants MGP the club will have to pay 2.5 mill pounds and let him play in Tromsø until oct/nov. Tromsø is not in a hurry to sell, everybody expects Morten to be even hotter after the qualifications for the WC this autumn. As a matter of fact the whole thing is up to MGP himself, and let me tell you a "secret": He has been a ManUnited fan since he was a kid, and his dream is actually to play for them... mad.gif

New information from the Tromsø board room or/either the pubs of Tromsø will follow...

It would be lovely for us to sign him, and for him to be the dog's bojangles, I still have this nagging doubt, based on instinct I suppose, backed by our recent foray's into the foreign market.

As for Souey watching him, well we had Baggio on trial at Ewood and still got it wrong.

A slight contradiction there, Baggio is/was known pedigree. The only problem was that he was played out of position as a striker. He's been one of the continents best defensive midfielders for years and he comes on playing as a striker, only happens at Rovers. The only reason, imo that he was brought in was for his experience playing in Europe and we needed that in the UEFA Cup, unfortunately that didn't last for long.

However, I do agree on the rest. It's common for clubs or in any healthy business brokering to reject the first offer but if they continue to reject and start coming up with other clauses then I suggest we leave them. They want the money and if we just cool on him, their attitude willingness might change.

I understand why you have this nagging thing, Den, 'cause we have seen these things go wrong before - but I think that Baggio got a contract more because he had a name, and Souey thought: "Well, he'll probably show his qualities some time between now and the end of the season".

MGP hasn't made a name for himself yet, therefore I think it will be safer - he'll be bought for his potential and his ability, not for his 60 caps.

I still think and hope we will get MGP for about 2 million pounds in July, even considering Tromsø's economy and current position.

Gamst being a United-supporter won't change things I think, and certainly not in a negative direction - how long does he have to wait to play against them in Tromsø ??

Gamst being a United-supporter won't change things I think, and certainly not in a negative direction - how long does he have to wait to play against them in Tromsø ??

Why do you think he wants to play against Man U ?

Tromsø did a correct decision to reject the bid now.

He will be sold later, to another club or to a higher bid.

This is a great day for us Tromsø supporters. The management has gotten our respect with this decision. it tells us that they have ambitions with this team and that they are willing to listen to us and all the others that have had some views about this issue.

- TROMSØ - until I die

This is a great day for us Tromsø supporters. The management has gotten our respect with this decision. it tells us that they have ambitions with this team and that they are willing to listen to us and all the others that have had some views about this issue.

- TROMSØ - until I die

Good keep him from the reports from members off this board he is better off with you good luck no hard feelings.

- TROMSØ - until I die

Don't delude yourself. If GMP has the option of playing in any other league he will be out of Tromso before you can say 'greedy chaiman'

Like I wrote a couple of days ago - if Blackburn wants MGP the club will have to pay 2.5 mill pounds and let him play in Tromsø until oct/nov. Tromsø is not in a hurry to sell, everybody expects Morten to be even hotter after the qualifications for the WC this autumn. As a matter of fact the whole thing is up to MGP himself, and let me tell you a "secret": He has been a ManUnited fan since he was a kid, and his dream is actually to play for them... mad.gif

New information from the Tromsø board room or/either the pubs of Tromsø will follow...

Yeah right, way too steep for a prospect. Only way I would do 2.5 MIl for a player I think is being way way overrated is if he came with a one year money back guarantee.

We can't afford someone with real pedigree like Rothen or Van der Meyde - unless their clubs agree to loan them out.

We either go for the older player who's probably past his prime - e.g Overmars.

Or, as I think we are right to do, go for an up and coming player who has a chance of becoming a top player. If Tromso reject our overtures for MGP, we should look to the English football league and try and pick up another young player who can make an impact, like Stead.

We can't afford someone with real pedigree like Rothen or Van der Meyde - unless their clubs agree to loan them out.

We either go for the older player who's probably past his prime - e.g Overmars.

Or, as I think we are right to do, go for an up and coming player who has a chance of becoming a top player. If Tromso reject our overtures for MGP, we should look to the English football league and try and pick up another young player who can make an impact, like Stead.

Nah, if all we can afford is either an unknown youngster, or an over the hill veteran, we're finished.

Prem sides are regularly bringing quality players in, one way or another.

- TROMSØ - until I die

Why he wants to play against Man Utd?

Because at this time, he hasn't got a chance in hell to play FOR them, and playing Arsenal, United, Chelsea and other quality teams every week beats playing Viking, Lillestrøm and Odd Grenland.

"Everyone" is supporting some major club, and I'm sure Gamst is levelheaded enough to see that he hasn't got the ability to play for them yet. He needs to take one step at the time, and that one step is to move for a Premiership club, or alternatively Rosenborg - who hasn't got the money to buy him.

I'd hold on to those cheers a bit btw, don't expect us to give up that easily. As someone else mentioned here, I also think we tried a cheeky low bid, and that the "we have been snubbed" reports to the media is part of the game.

- TROMSØ - until I die

Why he wants to play against Man Utd?

Because at this time, he hasn't got a chance in hell to play FOR them, and playing Arsenal, United, Chelsea and other quality teams every week beats playing Viking, Lillestrøm and Odd Grenland.

"Everyone" is supporting some major club, and I'm sure Gamst is levelheaded enough to see that he hasn't got the ability to play for them yet. He needs to take one step at the time, and that one step is to move for a Premiership club, or alternatively Rosenborg - who hasn't got the money to buy him.

I'd hold on to those cheers a bit btw, don't expect us to give up that easily. As someone else mentioned here, I also think we tried a cheeky low bid, and that the "we have been snubbed" reports to the media is part of the game.

No. I guess that Blackburn will come with a higher bid in a few weeks.

Hopefully Tromsø will turn that one down as well.

Make a firm offer for Karayaka, and maybe return if that gets turned down. We need a good left winger urgently, and cannot afford to p_ss around too long. Can't really blame Tromso for being awkward since they don't really have to sell.

Karyaka seems allright, but as a Norwegian I would much rather see Gamst coming because I have seen him and know what he's capable of. Don't want a new Donis Disaster do we? laugh.gif

The worlds quickest winger, didn't stay too long did he..

And, we do have quite a lot of time to ###### around, after all the window hasn't even opened yet.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.