BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pedersen Bid

Does anyone have any stats on this Pederson Guy?

Here's a good stat for you according to one of today's papers.

Released after a trial at Middlesbrough last year.

Draw your own conclusions, I know what mine are.

And a certain Mr. Cantona was "released" after a trial at Sheffield Wednesday. He signed for Leeds a few days later.

Draw your own conclusions.

(No, I'm not saying MGP is the new Cantona. I'm just saying that there may be many reasons why someone doesn't get signed by a club)

Not strictly true. Mr. Cantona turned down the offer of a further trial because he believed (and subsequently proved) he shouldn't need a further trial to prove how good he was.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He can be a class player in Norway. He dont need to play in England to be a class player. He wont be a millionaire if he stays in Norway ..... thats the only difference. Martin Andresen said that MGP would make Blackburn a better team - so he is already a class player.

MGP himself is in no hurry leaving Tromsø.

Sorry, buy you're just heading a bit out of your depth here..

What Andresen said was that Gamst had good chances to go straight into Blackburns first XI, because we haven't got any leftfooted midfielders. Sure he would make Blackburn a better TEAM, but it remains to be seen whether he can make our first XI better, Douglas has performed OK in that role... And the only difference between staying in Norway and leaving for Premiership and Blackburn is NOT money. In England, he would get to train and play against top-quality players every day. He would basically be forced to be a better player, to boost his own tempo, because if he uses the same amount of touches against Arsenal or Chelsea as he's been using against FC Lyn Oslo mad.gif and Molde blink.gif the ball will be long gone after a crunching tackle. That's just how it is, the tempo is a lot higher and the players are basically quicker and better.

BUT; I don't think Gamst will stop his development by staying another year in Tromsø, he's not that good yet. He might be a bit light for the Premiership right now, but what I hope is that Blackburn sign him and that he'll get a major boost and develops into a quality player quickly - a bit like Solskjaer did when he signed for Manure.. (even though he was more proven at the time)

Either way - no Norwegian club will get £3 million pounds for any player this season, if they do it'll probably be Brann's Olofinjana - and doubt that anyone will pay up that much for him either. And certainly Blackburn with Souey and Williams hasn't got the reputation for being pushovers in transfer deals, more the other way around. (Emerton, Ferguson...)

well, Liverpool turned down Duff, didn't they?

red scouse did not turn down duff, rather they could not come up with the princely sum of £17m to trigger the clasue in the contract. i read somewhere that they had made a bid of £8m...which was totally laughable.

as they say, regarding pedresen...is that sometime you gotta throw them in and see how good theyare. there is no way of telling how good someone can be unless you give them that chance.....

red scouse did not turn down duff, rather they could not come up with the princely sum of £17m to trigger the clasue in the contract. i read somewhere that they had made a bid of £8m...which was totally laughable.

as they say, regarding pedresen...is that sometime you gotta throw them in and see how good theyare. there is no way of telling how good someone can be unless you give them that chance.....

i think he referred to some years ago, when Duffer signed up for us as a youth, he could have chosen Liverpool but they didn't want him.

i think he referred to some years ago, when Duffer signed up for us as a youth, he could have chosen Liverpool but they didn't want him.

...and Newcastle didn't want Shearer either!

I was looking at some of Tromso's matches via the links provided by our Norwegian fans, and to be honest, the standard looked appalling.

OK, it's not quite scientific judging a whole league by watching one match but from what I saw, it wasn't too impressive.

The only times Pedersen appeared to receive the ball was from a punt up field aimed at his head (one very good reason for MGP to get out of Norway). I was hoping to see a player who beats the full back to whip in crosses - but despite watching a considerable chunk of a Tromso match, I didn't see it once.

Can anyone allay my fears and tell me that Pedersen is actually capable of running at defenders?

Thing is we've been in exactly the same situation before with Damian Duff so we know how you feel.

Come now, bob. For the last time, it's DamiEn. You know, like AndREsen. And GallaGher.

You're a disgrace.

I'm Glad you weren't my English teacher at School biggrin.gif

Too right. I hold my hand up with the constant miss spelling of Damien but I thought I was getting the hang of Andresen and Gallagher. To be honest Philly you've completely shattered my confidence - instead of encouraging me you've knocked me for six. I'll be afraid to make another mistake now. Oh well.

I was looking at some of Tromso's matches via the links provided by our Norwegian fans, and to be honest, the standard looked appalling.

OK, it's not quite scientific judging a whole league by watching one match but from what I saw, it wasn't too impressive.

The only times Pedersen appeared to receive the ball was from a punt up field aimed at his head (one very good reason for MGP to get out of Norway). I was hoping to see a player who beats the full back to whip in crosses - but despite watching a considerable chunk of a Tromso match, I didn't see it once.

Can anyone allay my fears and tell me that Pedersen is actually capable of running at defenders?

This, in my view, has more to do with the overall standard of the Norwegian league. There are very few teams(and thereby players) that do that in Tippeligaen.

Even though I haven't watched Gamst Pedersen on many occasions (apart for the national games), I do think he has what it takes to do it in the PL, it all boils down to weather or not he can adapt to the english game, before he gets on the wrong side of the fans.

He is no Duff (yet cool.gif ), but he is a capable leftwinger with the ability to score as well as lay in a pass. He's been good for the national team (apart for agains Wales) but if we get him remember that he is still young and learning his trade. If he progresses he has the ability to be a very good player for any team.

Too right. I hold my hand up with the constant miss spelling of Damien but I thought I was getting the hang of Andresen and Gallagher. To be honest Philly you've completely shattered my confidence - instead of encouraging me you've knocked me for six. I'll be afraid to make another mistake now. Oh well.

I'm sorry, bob, I readily admit that I was a bit harsh there. All the anxiety over Pedersen has really gotten to me.

Actually, I might be able to put your spelling prowess to use. Can you lend me a hand with this little puzzle? (I've been mulling over it for awhile but haven't been able to come up with the solution).

Quizz time.Which is the odd one out???

Leicester  city?

Portsmouth?

West Brom?

Blackburn rRovers?

Everton?

Birmingham?

Actually, I might be able to put your spelling prowess to use.  Can you lend me a hand with this little puzzle?  (I've been mulling over it for awhile but haven't been able to come up with the solution).

Quizz time.Which is the odd one out???

Leicester  city?

Portsmouth?

West Brom?

Blackburn rRovers?

Everton?

Birmingham?

It's a tricky one and no mistake.

Is it....

1. Leicester is the only one to have an unnecessary gap of two spaces? (between Leicester and "city")

2. Leicester's name is the only one spelt incorrectly with the use of "city" instead of "City"?

3. "Rovers" is the only team name to have an unnecessary lower case "r" in front of it?

4. Paul Dickov has played for Leicester and not the others?

5. They all play in blue? (no - that can't be right)

6. Blackburn Rovers are the only team to have won the Premier League?

7. Blackburn Rovers are the only team to have played in Europe in recent years?

8. Fulham?

9. Are Blackburn Rovers the only club to have made an official bid for Leicester player Paul Dickov?

10. Top TV funny man Frank Skinner supports West Brom but not the others?

11. (Back on topic - sort of) Blackburn Rovers are the only club trying to secure the services of Norwegian International Pedersen?

Who knows? I'm at a loss. It's probably No. 8. I doubt we'll ever know the answer.

Edited by bob fleming

As a Tromso IL AND a Blackburn fan - living in Tromso - I would like MGP to stay in Tromsø at least to the end of this season (oct/nov), and preferably also next season. tongue.gif

Tromsø is presently leading the Norwegian PL, and if we finish top 4 will play in the Royal League (four best Norwegian, Swedish and Danish teams) next winter. This will be very profitable for our club, and also a challenge for our players. MGP obviously wants to share the joy of this great season, and is in no hurry to leave. He has played some really excellent games this spring, especially when we beat Viking Stavanger 4-0 and Rosenborg 4-1 at home. He hasn´t played that well on the Norwegian national team, except maybe when we beat Northern Ireland, and he scored two goals, but he has become one of the key players on the national team as well. It will be exciting to watch him when the qualification for the European Championship starts this autumn.

Tromso IL does NOT have to sell any player this year, the economy in the club is quite good, and we are planning to buy some new player(s) this summer, to improve the team. Blackburn would have to pay at least 2.5 mill, and wait for him to join the club until november in order to get MGP now. ohmy.gif

Tromso IL does NOT have to sell any player this year, the economy in the club is quite good, and we are planning to buy some new player(s) this summer, to improve the team. Blackburn would have to pay at least 2.5 mill, and wait for him to join the club until november in order to get MGP now. ohmy.gif

I highly doubt that is going to happen.

MGP will most likely leav TIL when Tippeligaen goes into summer break, and leave hopefully for tinykit.gif Rovers tinykit.gif

The fee will not exceed £2M, no players in Norway will be bought for more than that (unless Chelskji gets involved biggrin.gif).

How much did Carew cost Valencia a few years ago?I want to know who is the most expensive Norwegian player sold out of Norway not afterwards between European clubs,just involving a Norwegian club?

He cost Valencia about 80M Kroner, which is about £7M, but that was almost at the peak of the transfer market. He is the player that have the highest fee involving a norwegian club

Nowadays he would have gone for no more than half that.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.