SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pedersen Bid

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does this mean?:-

Men ifølge journalist Andy Neild i Lancashire Evening Telegraph kommer det et bud på 1,5 millioner pund.

I mean, I can pick out some words - Men, journalist, Andy, Neild & bud - but can fit them into a sentence with the rest of it (except "Men say Andy Neild is a budding journalist" - that can't be right!). Is it essentially saying that this info has been taken from the L.E.T. ? dry.gif

according to journalist andy neild from lancashire evening telegraph there will be a bid of 1,5 mill.

bud (No) = bid/offer (En)

Not buddy, or whatever plant you had in mind biggrin.gif

Also: Men (No) = But (En)

Seems there's a lot of traffic from Lancashire on norwegian papers these days

Edited by coffeeman

Concrete Blackburn-bid for Gamst'n this week

Blackburn will probably make a concrete bid of 1, 5 mill for Morten Gamst Pedersen. This may happen before the match against Wales.

Manager Graeme Souness is at the moment on vacation, and is therefore not available for a comment. But Chris Gorman at Blackburn press office confirms that Blackburn is keen on the player from Tromsø.

We haven’t made a formal offer yet, but it will probably happen soon Gorman says to Nordlys.

He says that Blackburn still have money to spend after Jack Walker, the man who injected millions into the club.

He says Souness have enough money to buy 3-4 new players this summer, if we got to sell a couple.

Nordlys: How much money are we talking about?

Gorman: Up to 10 million.

Gorman doesn’t want to speculate on how much the club is willing to pay for Morten Gamst Pedersen. That is not my table he says.

Reporter Andy Neild from the local newspaper Lancashire Evening Telegraph believes that there will be a 1, 5 mill bid.

The way I see it, Blackburn have already suggested an offer on that size for Tromsø. It probably happened when Tromsøs secretary had a meeting with the chairman says Nield

He thinks that Blackburn will send an offer on paper to Tromsø during this week.

I don’t believe that Blackburn is willing to wait to 1. November, as I have understood is the wish at Tromsø. Souness wants new players this summer, so they can be ready when the season starts.

PS! Tromsos chairman Trygve Myrvang had not received at bid for Gamst Pedersen yesterday.

Link

Blackburn will probably make a concrete bid of 1, 5 mill for Morten Gamst Pedersen. This may happen before the match against Wales.

Manager Graeme Souness is at the moment on vacation, and is therefore not available for a comment. But Chris Gorman at Blackburn press office confirms that Blackburn is keen on the player from Tromsø.

We haven’t made a formal offer yet, but it will probably happen soon Gorman says to Nordlys.

He says that Blackburn still have money to spend after Jack Walker, the man who injected millions into the club.

He says Souness have enough money to buy 3-4 new players this summer, if we got to sell a couple.

Gorman doesn’t want to speculate on how much the club is willing to pay for Morten Gamst Pedersen. That is not my table he says.

Reporter Andy Neild from the local newspaper Lancashire Evening Telegraph believes that there will be a 1, 5 mill bid.

The way I see it, Blackburn have already suggested an offer on that size for Tromsø. It probably happened when Tromsøs secretary had a meeting with the chairman says Nield

He thinks that Blackburn will send an offer on paper to Tromsø during this week.

I don’t believe that Blackburn is willing to wait to 1. November, as I have understood is the wish at Tromsø. Souness wants new players this summer, so they can be ready when the season starts.

PS! Tromsos chairman Trygve Myrvang had not received at bid for Gamst Pedersen yesterday.

Link

Chris Gorman whoever he is to be sacked?

Link

Chris Gorman whoever he is to be sacked?

he is a bit of a fool, saying we have up to £10m to spend

HA HA HA HA

I have visions of Souness heading a big Dr Evil style table, with his finger slowly reaching towards Mr Gormans button...

''Sharks with frickin' lazer beams on their heads...''

A new article where they interview Morten Gamst Pedersen and Martin Andresen. Let's hope that Martin Andresen and Stig Inge Bjørnebye manages to persuade Pedersen to come to us.

If Blackburn buys Morten Gamst Pedersen, he goes straight into the first team Martin Andresen says.

Blackburns press office confirms to Nordlys that a formal bid for Morten Gamst Pedersen is close.

I really don’t know much, but if a bid comes along it’s interesting of course, and I have to take a stand, Gamst Pedersen says.

Martin Andresen returned after a loan to the English club, and he has fait in Gamst Pedersen.

If they buy Morten, the left flank position is his, Andresen says to TV2 Nettavisen. Blackburn has used Jonathan Douglas in that position, but he isn’t really a left flank player. They don’t have a real left flank player. Morten is going to have a lot of chances, he adds. The truth is that Blackburn hasn’t had a real left winger since Damien Duff went to Chelsea.

In the Wednesday edition of VG Andresen says that Tippeligaen is underestimated compared to foreign leagues.

The difference between Tippeligaen and Premier League isn’t that big. They play a different style of football, with a higher pace, but sometimes it goes to fast. This must not be seen as a warning to Morten Gamst Pedersen. The difference is not that big and Premier League is fun. You get to play big games against teams like Manchester United and Arsenal.

Nettavisen: How is it to have Graeme Souneass as a manager?

Are you fair to him, he’s fair back to you.

I haven’t spoken with Martin Andresen about Blackburn, but should something arise, I’m definitely going to take it, Gamst Pedersen says.

Link

Just to remind people or inform if you missed my post yesterday that you can see Morten Gamst Pedersen in action for Norway against Wales on BBC2 Wales (Sky Digital channel 961) k.o. 6.00pm today.

Hopefully he doesn't have too good a game. We don't want more clubs coming in for him.

Cheers

we take our time to learn your language, so then its only fair that you do the same, right? rolleyes.gif

Wasn't sure if it was a wind-up, but some Swedish friends told me the toast 'Skol/Skal' is derived from an old Scandinavian language and as the same word as skull. They also told me that legend has it, that this was because the skulls of conquered foe of some of the Vikingswere used as drinking cups, and when celebrating, the craniums/cups were banged together as drinkers shouted 'Skol'.

Not sure if it's true, but a good story all the same

ohmy.gifohmy.gifohmy.gif

Cheers

we take our time to learn your language, so then its only fair that you do the same, right? rolleyes.gif

Wasn't sure if it was a wind-up, but some Swedish friends told me the toast 'Skol/Skal' is derived from an old Scandinavian language and as the same word as skull. They also told me that legend has it, that this was because the skulls of conquered foe of some of the Vikingswere used as drinking cups, and when celebrating, the craniums/cups were banged together as drinkers shouted 'Skol'.

ohmy.gifohmy.gifohmy.gif

Its not made up, we still do it on saturdays while watching football rolleyes.gif

Cheers

ohmy.gifohmy.gifohmy.gif

Heard that one too, but as with many of these kinds of stories it might turn out to be false.

The word "skål" also means "bowl", and so the toast would obviously come from banging them together. Then again, the word "skål" might very well have come from "skalle" or "skull" in the first place. I'm not really a linguistics expert wink.gif

And as for MGP, I really hate when things drag on. Would've been much better to just get the news in two weeks time that he's signed without hearing anything beforehand. Waiting for a month is just horrible..

Just to remind people or inform if you missed my post yesterday that you can see Morten Gamst Pedersen in action for Norway against Wales on BBC2 Wales (Sky Digital channel 961) k.o. 6.00pm today.

Hopefully he doesn't have too good a game. We don't want more clubs coming in for him.

Maybe he was listening to you, he was rubbish.

Poor crossing (the one that hit the post was an attempted cross), poor passing, didn't supply any width, never took his man on...

But, it was an extremely poor game and he was no worse than any other of the 21 players on the pitch.

Maybe he was listening to you, he was rubbish.

Poor crossing (the one that hit the post was an attempted cross), poor passing, didn't supply any width, never took his man on...

But, it was an extremely poor game and he was no worse than any other of the 21 players on the pitch.

Emerton MK2?

I actually thought MGP did quite well - got up alongside the forwards quite a lot, looked reasonably quick, put one just past the far post from a tight angle but admittedly hit one flitcroft-esque when had a decent chance. Whoever was playing RB for Wales seemed to have a bit of trouble with him.

However Wales put out a side with only 2 premiership players (Bellamy went off injured again! biggrin.gif ) and it was a friendly after all.

Great to see Henning win his 100th cap - a remarkable achievement! Also when he went off Martin Andreson took over the captains armband - slightly worrying if your Norwegian I reckon.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.