BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pedersen Bid

Just to remind people or inform if you missed my post yesterday that you can see Morten Gamst Pedersen in action for Norway against Wales on BBC2 Wales (Sky Digital channel 961) k.o. 6.00pm today.

Hopefully he doesn't have too good a game. We don't want more clubs coming in for him.

Maybe he was listening to you, he was rubbish.

Poor crossing (the one that hit the post was an attempted cross), poor passing, didn't supply any width, never took his man on...

But, it was an extremely poor game and he was no worse than any other of the 21 players on the pitch.

Emerton MK2?

Emerton isnt that good.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Emerton is quality, just needs to settle. It isnt unknown for players take along time to settle. Look at henry took him a season to fit in, now the best player in the country.

Comparing Coco the Clown to Henry!

LOL LOL LOL!

I was hugely disappointed by Emerton - mainly after seeing promising games pre and early season.

However, I don't think he was as bad as some people on this site are making out.

Ultimately, next season he will start as a Rovers player and everybody should be fully behind him.

Has anybody stopped to think about his performances, without judging them by the huge weight of expectation that was placed on him when he signed.

I was hugely disappointed by Emerton - mainly after seeing promising games pre and early season.

However, I don't think he was as bad as some people on this site are making out.

Ultimately, next season he will start as a Rovers player and everybody should be fully behind him.

Has anybody stopped to think about his performances, without judging them by the huge weight of expectation that was placed on him when he signed?

Yes. Because I didn't really have any big expectations of him. His ability to hit the first man with every cross, and turn back towards his own goal instead of attacking the full-back has made me nearly lose what little hair I have left.

However I am hoping for more from him next season.

*This is off-topic really and we will get into trouble wink.gif

It's hard to judge Pedersen from only seeing 45 minutes in a surprisingly poor Norwegian side. What was slightly worrying was that he seemed to drift around the pitch and didn't spend much time playing like a winger. Whether this is a tactic employed by the national team or just the way Pedersen plays I don't know but the closest comparison I could make was that he was like a slightly taller, left sided David Thompson. Hopefully with Souness having been to a number of games to watch him, he'll know better as to how he plays.

I only watched up to half time as Pedersen was taken off but in the first half Martin Andresen did nothing to suggest that he should be bought/ have been bought as he was pretty average, as was Hoseth who we had been vaguely linked with.

Pedersen may be worth a go as he is still young but I'd leave the other two well alone.

It's hard to judge Pedersen from only seeing 45 minutes in a surprisingly poor Norwegian side. What was slightly worrying was that he seemed to drift around the pitch and didn't spend much time playing like a winger.

Perhaps Pedersen saw videos of Thommo and Emerton and thought that's what's expected of wingers at Rovers!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, he won't cut it at PL level.

He was poor in an extremely poor Norwegian side against a Welsh B team.

Some MB members are in serious danger of getting their hopes up to such an extent that when Pedersen brings them crashing down it will register on the Richter scale.

Tromso's star player? Might as well be captain of Moorland's 5th year team.

I watched the Norway game from the stands last night, with a special eye out for Pedersen, and I certainly don't think Pedersen did much to impress potential buyers. Not that any of the other players did either of course.

His first 30 minutes were no good at all, passes all sprayed about with abandon and never seeming to hit the right man. Showed a few neat touches in the last 15 though, and I was sad to see him taken off at half time because he seemed to be getting into the game a bit.

Before the match I had the oppurtunity to have a little chat with Halvard Thoresen, who is assistant manager of the Norway side and coached MGP for 3 years at U21 level. When asked specifically about MGP, he said that he is a bit incosistent yet but capable of being world class when he is performing at his best and surely will be a key player for Norway in the future.

This is so typical Rovers fans ;-)

Let a guy play ONE bad game, and he's the end of the world......

MGP + tinykit.gif = biggrin.gif

Yep that's the wonderful world of the Blackburn Rovers 'supporter' for you.....

The same people who were probably masturbating into a sock when we signed Emerton, that now slate him at every opportunity.

I watched the Norway game from the stands last night, with a special eye out for Pedersen, and I certainly don't think Pedersen did much to impress potential buyers. Not that any of the other players did either of course.

His first 30 minutes were no good at all, passes all sprayed about with abandon and never seeming to hit the right man. Showed a few neat touches in the last 15 though, and I was sad to see him taken off at half time because he seemed to be getting into the game a bit.

Before the match I had the oppurtunity to have a little chat with Halvard Thoresen, who is assistant manager of the Norway side and coached MGP for 3 years at U21 level. When asked specifically about MGP, he said that he is a bit incosistent yet but capable of being world class when he is performing at his best and surely will be a key player for Norway in the future.

When asked specifically about MGP, he said that he is a bit incosistent yet but capable of being world class when he is performing at his best and surely will be a key player for Norway in the future

sounds a bit like what mick Mcarthy*(spelling) said about duffer when he was first involved with the ROI squad.

Oh, apart from the key player for norway part biggrin.gif

It's hard to judge Pedersen from only seeing 45 minutes in a surprisingly poor Norwegian side. What was slightly worrying was that he seemed to drift around the pitch and didn't spend much time playing like a winger. Whether this is a tactic employed by the national team or just the way Pedersen plays I don't know but the closest comparison I could make was that he was like a slightly taller, left sided David Thompson. Hopefully with Souness having been to a number of games to watch him, he'll know better as to how he plays.

I only watched up to half time as Pedersen was taken off but in the first half Martin Andresen did nothing to suggest that he should be bought/ have been bought as he was pretty average, as was Hoseth who we had been vaguely linked with.

Pedersen may be worth a go as he is still young but I'd leave the other two well alone.

I watched the first half - definitely one of the most boring halves I've ever watched. Anyway as Pedersen, he didn't do much in the first 45 but then neither did anyone on the pitch, but like the poster above, I was puzzled by his positioning. He was positioned more like a striker than a left winger. He was always high up on the pitch and on several occassions drifted into the middle and went for the same ball the striker would. This gave Riise the chance to move forward as much as possible and he took on what was Pedersens workload (e.g. crossing and attacking the left flank)

Anyway I don't think too many players would have done much more against a very defensive minded Welsh team and he's still young and has the chance to improve, even Duff had off games.

Nah - Berg did not get the national record. He's only nr. 2 on that list. Can't remember the name of the guy who is nr.1 - perhaps someone else from Norway can?

On Gamst'n: Several of you guys wrote that you hoped he would have an off game as there were scouts from other clubs on the stands last night. Well....you got what you hoped for! IF Gamst is being bought he will be a good player but he will not perform in every game in his first season. Bazza didn't either and almost everyone here thinks he is the clubs best/most valued player (including me). I for one put my trust in Souness rover.gif

Nah - Berg did not get the national record. He's only nr. 2 on that list. Can't remember the name of the guy who is nr.1 - perhaps someone else from Norway can?

Torbjørn Svensen 104 Caps...

I've said it before and I'll say it again, he won't cut it at PL level.

He was poor in an extremely poor Norwegian side against a Welsh B team.

Some MB members are in serious danger of getting their hopes up to such an extent that when Pedersen brings them crashing down it will register on the Richter scale.

Tromso's star player? Might as well be captain of Moorland's 5th year team.

Like I said, to put things in true perspective let's remember Martin Andresen was Norway's player of the year, this lad is still considered a prospect, I have big doubts myself that he will make the step up.

The way I see things we've got a choice of either another season of Douglas on the left flank who's a young lad with promise, possible future international but clearly not at home on the left flank when it comes to giving us attacking options, or Pedersen, who's also a young lad with promise, is a current international, clearly at home on the left flank, and has got plenty to offer going forward.

Given the choice between those two, I know which one I would much rather have. Oh, and there's Steven Reid, but we just won't go there...

Is there any concrete news on this ? Rumours are that pederson and Tromso have agreed a deal but the stumbling block is that tromso want to keep him until their season closes at the end of October. Rovers obviously want him for pre season.

Accyrover

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.