BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pedersen Bid

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That equates to roughly £2.3m if my currency-converter-website-finding skills are upto scratch.

If this is true then we realy are going for it. The lad must be a bit special.

Edited by bellamy11

Leicester  city?

Portsmouth?

West Brom?

Blackburn rRovers?

Everton?

Birmingham?

Absolutely nothing to do with Pedersen. Odd one out is Everton. I do believe they are the only team in that list NOT to have played Nationwide football this Millenium. Don't know if it's the answer being looked for but it is true, I think.

all you have to do is look a few posts up to find that it has already been talked about.It says we have make a bid for MGP

That article is ever more worrying. K30m is nearly £2.5m. Looks like we're going to have to pay full whack to secure his services. Could well limit how much money we have for the other midfielder and central defender.

BUSINESS BEST WITH MORTEN

While RBK are buying their way out of a bad start to the season, their competitors are considering selling their best players.

It would therefore be great fun if MGP decides to stay to challenge RBK for the title

The two major transfers this summer is him and Magne Hoseth. Their clubs have apparently chosen diffrent strategies for the transfer everybody knows is coming:Molde is saying yes, please to everyone with enough money for Hoseths abilities. Tromsø is saying no to offers for MGP hoping to acheive something with their team before the inevetable sale of MGP.

But in reality the decission lies with the players.

Running a football business i Norway is not ideal, but the history og clubs run as companies is so short that player transfers are seldom decided by the economics. Especially not when the deal involves feelings

Sale of local lads such as Hoseth and Gamst Pedersen does. Neither has grown up within their clubs, but their home clubs of Averøya(TIL) and Vadsø(MFK) are as good as family to Molde and Tromsø. So in reality they decide themselves if to say yes or no.

For now the pressure is only onMorten Gamst Pedersen. Tromsø have got an offer from Blackburn for about 30 millioner kroner(£2.5M approx), but Morten is contracted till 2007. This contract has a moral clause that allows MGP to leave it both parties are somewhat satisfied with the decission.

By todays price on norwegian players, 30M kroner is enough to make most directors satisfied.

Still the Tromsø-management wants something more. Not because of extra millions if MGP continues his progression, but becaus of the position the cub is in, a position they couldn't dream about before the season started.

The purpose of Tromsø (TIL) is not to make money. The clubs own vision is the following: The club with the biggest heart, and is best at becomeing better.

This phrase would most likely not have suited the local PR agency, without removing the pompose(sp?) "drivel" behind the declaration of love. Among the fans there is however no doubt: It is the heart for the city and that part of the country which counts. So a few million worth of transferfees cannot measure up to the jubilation and pride of being first in this seasons Tippeliga.

It is this sens of belonging and joy that made MGP sign such a long contract with. It is these feelings that is keeping him there.

Footballingwise he has good reasons for doing so. Tromsø have developed an offesive game which in two monts time have made the team contenders for the title.

The understanding between the four players at the front, is so special that it alone grants chances, goals andpoints even when the team has an off day.

It is these kind og connections that lift both team and player further. In record time Ole Martin Årst has become a serious spissalternativ for the national team, the right wing Karim Essediri is set to make his debut for de Tunisia, Lars Iver Strand has made a name for himself nationally and Morten himself is in a position to choose which international development he wants the most.

The force that lies in this progress is reason enough to postpone the transfer. Morten Gamst Pedersen doesn't need now training buddies to become better this season.

Tromsø needs him to beat RBK.

Just like Gamst Pedersen for another six months in Tippeligaen is what makes norwegian clubfootbal the big winner in the sports business

Phewww..... long article

Edited by Rainmaker

all you have to do is look a few posts up to find that it has already been talked about.It says we have make a bid for MGP

That article is ever more worrying. K30m is nearly £2.5m. Looks like we're going to have to pay full whack to secure his services. Could well limit how much money we have for the other midfielder and central defender.

or it could well mean that we have more money than we thought to spend

I'm thinking we should back away from this deal - that's £1m more than we were quoted. It's too much for an unproven player

Remember that these numbers are taken out of nothing really, just assumptions (spelling anyone? blink.gif ) from the journalist.

30 millions = 2,4 million pounds btw..

I must admit I am very VERY afraid MGP wont live up to our expectations.

Given a season to adjust, he might become great, but i am afraid his first PL season wont be an award winner. We have a left side problem who need an answer next season, and I dont think MGP will be a revelation from day 1.

Yes he is a good prospect, but £2,5 m for an unproven norweagian sounds a bit harsh to me. Especially when you consider the only consistant form he has had was half last season and a quarter of this one.

Dont get me wrong, I would love to see MGP join our squad, but I feel the price is too high, and I think some of my fellow norweagians may exagurate the skills and wonders of MGP.

I must admit I am very VERY afraid MGP wont live up to our expectations.

Given a season to adjust, he might become great, but i am afraid his first PL season wont be an award winner. We have a left side problem who need an answer next season, and I dont think MGP will be a revelation from day 1.

Yes he is a good prospect, but £2,5 m for an unproven norweagian sounds a bit harsh to me. Especially when you consider the only consistant form he has had was half last season and a quarter of this one.

Dont get me wrong, I would love to see MGP join our squad, but I feel the price is too high, and I think some of my fellow norweagians may exagurate the skills and wonders of MGP.

Hallelujah!!!

Your thoughts totally mirror mine.

Amen to that brother.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.