BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pedersen Bid

Gamst being a United-supporter won't change things I think, and certainly not in a negative direction - how long does he have to wait to play against them in Tromsø ??

Why do you think he wants to play against Man U ?

Tromsø did a correct decision to reject the bid now.

He will be sold later, to another club or to a higher bid.

This is a great day for us Tromsø supporters. The management has gotten our respect with this decision. it tells us that they have ambitions with this team and that they are willing to listen to us and all the others that have had some views about this issue.

- TROMSØ - until I die

It'll be a great day for Blackburn Rovers supporters if we pull the plug on this supposed deal.

Look elsewhere Souey...please.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This looks good.

Rovers might have to make a slightly higher bid, og give more add-ons, but from what that article said I think the deal will go through. (If Gamst wants to of course).

But for all you whiners, please dont slate him before he has adjusted. He will be replacing Duff, and those boots are not easy to fill. Remember, he's 22 comeing from an inferior league, in another country.

Do not expect him to gel as fast as Stead. I repeat, do NOT expect him to gel as fast as Stead.

Tippeligaen is better than Third Division, but the difference lies in the change o enviorment. To move from Tromsø to Blackburn is harder than to move from Huddersfield.

So do not get on his back after his first bad game..... give the lad time to settle....... if he joins us that is dry.gif

Make a firm offer for Karayaka, and maybe return if that gets turned down. We need a good left winger urgently, and cannot afford to p_ss around too long. Can't really blame Tromso for being awkward since they don't really have to sell.

We would have to wait until after Euro 2004 probably. And who knows, his value may have risen by then if he and Russia do well. I don't think that Karyaka is an option. Souness rated him after the trial but something in his club's transfer demands caused Rovers to drop their interest. The recent comments from the Russian club chairman was probably to flush out some different suitors to buy the player rather than reviving Rovers interest.

This whole Pedersen saga is starting to worry me. It's not the question about him adapting, it's more that the longer this transaction goes on the more matches he plays for his club which may mean that he won't have a decent break before pre-season (that is if we EVEN manage to get him prior to that) and with the injuries our players seem to suffer, it would be devastating to see him join Rovers, have a decent pre-season then season starts only for him to break down in September leaving us back in square one.

Is it Tromso that is in the Arctic Circle ?. I know there's one Norwegien team who plays there.

To the best of my knowledge both Tromso and Bodo Glimt play inside the Arctic Circle, Tromso being further North.

Make a firm offer for Karayaka, and maybe return if that gets turned down. We need a good left winger urgently, and cannot afford to p_ss around too long. Can't really blame Tromso for being awkward since they don't really have to sell.

We would have to wait until after Euro 2004 probably. And who knows, his value may have risen by then if he and Russia do well. I don't think that Karyaka is an option. Souness rated him after the trial but something in his club's transfer demands caused Rovers to drop their interest. The recent comments from the Russian club chairman was probably to flush out some different suitors to buy the player rather than reviving Rovers interest.

apparently karyaka has had a really good eason this year, im looking forward to seeing him a bit in euro

Karayaka euro2004 profile

12 in 13 games, criiky!!

2.3 million is a lot for a club in our situation to spend on one player who is not proven quality. Having said that, given his age, and the storm that has been talked up about him, perhaps he's worth it. I really wouldn't know as I have only seen highlights, and almost anyone can look good during a highlight section, so who knows. I'd be interested to see if the Norwegian supporters felt he was worth 2.3 million. I mean when you consider we payed 1-1.5 million for Stead, how do they feel?

Extracts taken from the local Tromso rag :-

"TIL's price tag for MGP will run at 30m kroner. On Thursday afternoon Blackburn bid 18m plus a further 6-7m after a certain number of games."

Figures taken seem to have been banded about by the media as the report continues..."No-one at either Blackburn or TIL will confirm the sums."

The offer has been put to TIL's board but was too low.

"I don't know what has been said, but I have known that they are interested and that a possible bid was on the way says a not too disappointed Pederson."

"But under the loyal mask and behind the usual answers it shows that he wishes he could go to Blackburn."

"And are Blackburn good enough then?"

"Yes" replied MGP.

It makes sense to make this deal an appearances or incentives based deal. We can not get emotional about this unproven young lad and should be prepared to walk away if tromso try to hold out for much more than our second offer.

Spot on USAB - at the end of the day though the lad has to show some ambition.

So he stops and wins the league in Norway. Great.

Reminds me of the Duff transfer, we'll get there eventually, if we're that keen.

Sorry Tromso fans, but if he's that good, it's just a question of time. If not us, someone else. He'll me a Rovers player soon enough ohmy.gif

Havent got time to translate the article in full, as I'm leaving my internett connection now.

Basically the article says that Tromsø want to get 30M kroner(£2.5M). This is something the Tromsø board have decided on. Rovers initial bid was about 18M kr plus 7M kr in add-ons after X games played, but neither club has confirmed it.

According to the director the bid was being considered, but was found to be to low.

Chris Gorman(who ever that is) says he cannot give any other info other than what is on Rovers website.

Quote from JW:

"Pedersen is a player that we are definately interested in, so it is disappointing that our bid was refused."

Gamst gives the standard "not my decission, have not been involved" reply, but behind those answers it seems like he would like a move to Rovers.

Some encouraging quotes from MGP

"I've always stated that it is temting to move abroad. It is nice to get this kind of message." He also ads that being able to get into the team is important.

On the question if Rovers are good enough:

"Yes. It is the PL. They were no. 6 last year and managed to avoid relegation easily(yes, he said that).

Tromsø said that the importanse og MGP to the team made them reject the bid, but they will listen to other bids.

There is also a boast about MPG from the Tromsø coach, saluting his offensive qualities, and his ability to involve himself defensivly.

Edited by Rainmaker

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.