BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pedersen Bid

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont need any more defensive midfielders, already have a lot of them. 

like who?

Flitcroft - Emerton and Reid

Yes, I know Flitcroft but Emerton and Reid??????

The only player in our squad that can be called a defensive midfielder is Flitcroft.

Erm...Douglas wink.gif

Quotation from the newspaper "Tromsø" today (title: No new bid for Gamst).

"Tromsø IL denies that any negotiations about MGP with Blackburn is going on. -Nothing to report. We have not talked with Blackburn today, and we have not received a new bid, Lars Espejord in TIL commented yesterday evening. John Williams (Blackburn) commented the situation as follows to Lancashire Evening Telegraph yesterday: -We has verbally indicated what kind of bid we might put forward, but they must indicate if they want to sell him. We cannot wait until october, so the discussion continues."

Tromsø is eager to keep MGP until the end of the season, and Blackburn isequally eager to get him from July 1th. This is what its all about. Tromsø has ambitions for this season, but is willing to sell MGP in october/ november. It might cost Blackburn to much to buy him now... ph34r.giftinykit.gif

Micheal Carrick overrated ?

yr joking mate he is the most complete midfielder in Div 1 and is the type of player that can enhance greatly given a run in the Premiership.

he would be an idela foil for ferguson should tugay depart Rovers.

tinykit.gif

Disagree. Carrick and Ferguson are TOO similar. Both want to play in front of the back four and be the team's playmaker. Neither prefer to get forward to support the strikers and get goals.

I don't think Carrick has the mental strength to make it as a top Premiership player. That as well as his propensity to get injured. West Ham fans got on his back in their relegation season and the guy disappeared. If he wasn't injured, he was avoiding the ball.

No, we have Ferguson and Thompson, and then there's Donnelly, Flitcroft and probably Douglas and Tugay. So we're not short of central midfield players. Unless of course, Thommo or Ferguson have further set backs whilst recovering from injury.

yr joking mate he is the most complete midfielder in Div 1 and is the type of player that can enhance greatly given a run in the Premiership.

tinykit.gif

Disagree. Carrick and Ferguson are TOO similar. Both want to play in front of the back four and be the team's playmaker. Neither prefer to get forward to support the strikers and get goals.

I don't think Carrick has the mental strength to make it as a top Premiership player. That as well as his propensity to get injured. West Ham fans got on his back in their relegation season and the guy disappeared. If he wasn't injured, he was avoiding the ball.

No, we have Ferguson and Thompson, and then there's Donnelly, Flitcroft and probably Douglas and Tugay. So we're not short of central midfield players. Unless of course, Thommo or Ferguson have further set backs whilst recovering from injury.

Just hope Tommo's knee is better

lot of conflicting rumours it would, sincerly hope not

tinykit.gif

Just hope Tommo's knee is better

lot of conflicting rumours it would, sincerly hope not

And he is still unproven in the centre of midfield.

dont need any more defensive midfielders, already have a lot of them. 

like who?

Flitcroft - Emerton and Reid

Yes, I know Flitcroft but Emerton and Reid??????

The only player in our squad that can be called a defensive midfielder is Flitcroft.

I could argue Emerton is more defensive than Flitcroft. But I wont.

Here is some info about Tromsø IL in English (link to the clubs homepages):

http://www.til.no/ViewDocument.aspx?DocumentID=68

Takk for informasjonen men vi alle snakker Norsk her. biggrin.gif

Jeg har vaert i Bodo en gang - deres "lokal derby" - ikke til fotball , jeg var pa vei til Lofoten. Et pent sted!

Ha det bra! tinykit.gif

Well who'd a thowt!

Sunderland will not be making a move for Norwegian midfielder Morten Gamst Pedersen.

The Tromsø player had been linked with a move to Wearside, although that speculation had cooled off in recent days, after a £2.5m price tag was slapped on the 22 year old.

A statement from the club said that Mick McCarthy had not made a bid for the Norwegian international, but McCarthy does have "other targets" in mind.

Well that's alright then !

Takk for informasjonen men vi alle snakker Norsk her. biggrin.gif

Jeg har vaert i Bodo en gang - deres "lokal derby" - ikke til fotball , jeg var pa vei til Lofoten. Et pent sted!

Ha det bra! tinykit.gif

I get the last word! Take it its the same in anyones language rolleyes.gif

cool.gif

Don't think this have been mentioned ?

MGP - Won't leave Tromsø at any cost !

MGP states today that he does not want to go to a foreign club at any cost, he wants regular first-team football next season. He says that after talking to Martin Andresen, he got the impression that Blackburn would offer him that possibility next season.

However, he says that if Tromsø declines all bids for him, he won't complain, but if he gets the chance this year it would be great.

He really seems like he's interested in a move! I believe, after reading this, the deal will be done in the next few days.

Right now it does seem to be a bit confusion between the two clubs though, since JW claims that Tromsø needs to say "we will sell MGP if the price is right", while Myrvang in Tromsø says that "the ball is in Blackburn's court"... To save your time guys:

1) Tromsø WILL sell if you (JW) make a better offer for them

2) Blackburn ARE interested, if you (Tromsø) just name the price ! rover.gif

Strange how we arent willing to let them JUST name the price isn't it? If only it were that simple

...This is totally unrelated to the topic...but is it just me or have I lost 50 posts? I don't really mind...I was just wondering if the mods might be able to explain.

Edited by Eddie

Just to make sure no one misread the quotes above, here's the translation of the article:

According to English tabloid The Mirror, Blackburn is now ready to launch a 25 million NKR bid for Morten Gamst Pedersen. (about 2 mill pound)

But MGP does not want to go to England to sit on the bench.

Morten Gamst Pedersen: Of course I don't leave Tromsø for another club to warm the bench. (poor English?) If a pro career outside Norway is going to be a reality for me, I want to be good enough to fight for a place in the first team.

The winger knows he could be sold to the British Premier League club in a matter of days.

MGP: I've spoken to Martin Andresen, and I've got the impression that Blackburn wants to buy me to play me.

So far, Tromsø has declined every bid made for MGP, but the winger does not hold a grudge.

MGP: If Tromsø doesn't want to sell me, there's no use in crying and complaining. But of course, if I get the opportunity now, it would be great!

Tromsø has so far not heard anything about Blackburn making a 25 million NKR bid for Morten Gamst Pedersen.

Tormod Myrvang, chairman Tromsø:

We haven't heard anything from Blackburn. We haven't had any direct contact with them since their offer last week. (define direct contact anyone??)

Myrvang does not want to comment whether a 25 million NKR bid for Gamst is enough for Tromsø to accept. Now, Tromsø awaits further progress.

TM: The ball is in Blackburn's court, we are in no situation where we NEED to sell players.

"MGP: I've spoken to Martin Andresen, and I've got the impression that Blackburn wants to buy me to play me."

Lets hope MGP hasn´t spoken to much with Martin Andresen, who has told Norwegian media that he is happy to be back in his club Stabæk because he otherwise soon would have been out of physical shape. He complains about lack of intensity on the training field and poor training performances in general...

"MGP: I've spoken to Martin Andresen, and I've got the impression that Blackburn wants to buy me to play me."

Lets hope MGP hasn´t spoken to much with Martin Andresen, who has told Norwegian media that he is happy to be back in his club Stabæk because he otherwise soon would have been out of physical shape. He complains about lack of intensity on the training field and poor training performances in general...

Martin Andresson can go and boil his head mad.gif

That waste of space is just chomping on his sour grapes because he has realised that he cant hack it with the big boys in England for the second time of trying (Yes, I did just call Wimbledon big boys)

Who was it that said he was the foreign David Beckham laugh.gifbiggrin.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.