BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pedersen Bid

With a budget of £4m + money from sales we can afford to spend £2.5m can't we?? dry.gif

But business isn't about paying what you can afford! It's about paying what he's worth. If our scouts & couch don't think he's worth 2.5 million we shouldn't ever pay it.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sales of what exactly? i dont see anyone leaving ewood for £500,000 let alone £2million.

Andy Todd for something between 500k and 750k - I'm sure someone will pay up.

Dwight Yorke, will free 500k in wages alone. (don't know the exact figure, but surely?)

Martin Andresen the Norwegian Beckham ohmy.gif ? Go to Google and search for "Norwegian Beckham" or even "New Beckham" - the first and only name that pops up is MORTEN GAMST PEDERSEN!

Fortunately this is rubbish (from a number of reasons...). MGP is a completely different player, but they do have one thing in common: The ability to curl freekicks just where they want them, like Morten did against Rosenborg this spring. biggrin.gif

Btw if you want to see all goals from the Norwegian PL this season you can go to "tv2.no", click on "web-TV", register, and you can watch all goals from previous games for free! rover.gif

Can anyone from Norway tell me if MGP played in the last Euro U21 Championship and how did he do? You know the one, where Dunny captained England to failure and David Pratt predicted that Dunn would be a world superstar by the end of it having brought the trophy home. Egg on face!

Edit: Cheers, Rainmaker.

Edited by rover6

If he's a good left sided midfielder than 2.5 million is not too much to pay.

There's no way we'll get more than 1 maybe 1.5m from sales. Assuming 3 players leave, Yorke, Todd and another - possibly Gresko or Reid - but even so that would mean that the transfer could cost about 1 to 1.5 million. And if we can't get that to fill the only position that really needs filling it's a poor lookout.

I disagree a bit BlueBoy.

Rovers have been branded as "easy money" for selling clubs before. Therefore I think it is vital that we don't get that "honor" again.

As long as we don't get on the wrong side of a last minute swoop by another club, I think the right way to do it is to bid low.

this always happens with rovers during the off season. they start farting about with transfers and as the man has just rightly said...if he is that good then pay what he is worth and not silly bids making us the laughing stock of the transfer market.

We use to be a laughing stock when we got ripped off with the likes of Dailly, gone ar them days thank God. Think back over the past few seasons, players we've been linked with (I mean firm, official interest) - 90% have signed....

a bonus for Rovers is that Yorke is on pay as u play for the next 12 months of his rolling contract.

todd will join wigan or derby for 350k

cole to wba for 1.3 million ! Surprised ? baggies fans are up for him big style, most wanted player in amongst a poll for their suffeing fans ! blink.gif

cole to wba for 1.3 million ! Surprised ? baggies fans are up for him big style, most wanted player in amongst a poll for their suffeing fans ! blink.gif

There was something in the news this week that West Brom were considering smashing their wage structure by bringing in some player (I can't recall who) on a staggering £18,000 per week.

This raises the very obvious questions - if £18k 'smashes' their existing structure, exactly how are they able to offer Andy Cole? Would he take a 50%+ pay cut? Or would Rovers have to do a Leeds and carry on paying part of his wages?

There was something in the news this week that West Brom were considering smashing their wage structure by bringing in some player (I can't recall who) on a staggering £18,000 per week.

This raises the very obvious questions - if £18k 'smashes' their existing structure, exactly how are they able to offer Andy Cole? Would he take a 50%+ pay cut? Or would Rovers have to do a Leeds and carry on paying part of his wages?

£18,000 wouldnt be a 50% reduction in wages for Andy Cole I dont believe. Considerably less.

£18,000 wouldnt be a 50% reduction in wages for Andy Cole I dont believe. Considerably less.

Seen his wage packet?

You're saying he's on less than £36,000 pw? What happened to the reports he was on about £42,000 when he signed? Are you getting mixed up with Yorke and his reported £35,000 + bonuses?

You're saying he's on less than £36,000 pw? What happened to the reports he was on about £42,000 when he signed? Are you getting mixed up with Yorke and his reported £35,000 + bonuses?

No no. It's only what I've been lead to believe. Yes, its another one of those "so and so told me" things.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.