SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pedersen Bid

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

De Pedro is 31 now I think.

No he isnt in the Spain team.The new coach has used younger players.In fact,I dont think he was a regular for Sociedad last season because he refused to sign a new contract.

He had 11 starts and 2 sub appearances with 2 goals in LA LIGA and CHAMPIONS LEAGUE.

Edited by Bobby G

Should imagine that his international opportunities have been somewhat limited since the emergence of Vicente (now he does look the business, just a shame he'd cost the earth), Torres, Reyes et al. If de Pedro is free and he's good enough then it could be a smart move, and it would give the likes of Jemal Johnson another year or two in which to develop with a view to replacing de Pedro in the fullness of time. Regarding Nicky Butt; good (if limited) player, and would certainly be an improvement on the ageing Flitcroft, but £5 million? Naaah.

I know that Morten wouldn´t mind going to Rovers if Tromsø decides to sell him. On the other hand, he is having a great time in Tromsø, the club is leading the PL (maybe CL next season...), he is the new Norwegian football star, he is only 22, and everybody tells him that it would be good for him to wait a year or two before going abroad. His father - a former PL-player for Bodø/Glimt and Vålerenga - agrees to this (Morten still has an apartment in his parents house!). I have written on these pages a number of times that Rovers can sign him for 25-30 mill if we can wait until october/november. Otherwise he will be too expensive. Why not take a chance on buying him now, and let him play in Tromsø until the end of the Norwegian season? rover.gif

I expect Morten to be a great success in the WC-qualifications this autumn (against Italy etc), and then his price-tag definitely will increase. I fear that ManUnited or some other rich club will buy him next winter then mad.gif

Edited by baberg

Don't really see the connection there, Eddie, even if he's a United-supporter doesn't mean he wouldn't give 100 percent for Rovers. Heck, most people are manure-fans or liverpool-fans these days anyway..

I hope he stays in Tromsø till after the season, and that we sign him next season or in January if we can get the cash then! smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Don't really see the connection there, Eddie, even if he's a United-supporter doesn't mean he wouldn't give 100 percent for Rovers. Heck, most people are manure-fans or liverpool-fans these days anyway..

I hope he stays in Tromsø till after the season, and that we sign him next season or in January if we can get the cash then! smile.gif

I agree, and cite Man U fan Henning Berg, and Liverpool fan Ole Gunnar Solskjhjiierer as evidence.

• 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.