BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pedersen Bid

According to reports in Norway, Rovers have tabled a new offer of £1.5 million for the Tromso winger, although £600,000 of the fee is appearance related.

First of all, Tromsø are crazy if they actually believe they can hold out for the £2.3 million or so they're quoting in the press--this isn't three years ago and young unproven players just don't get sold for that much anymore.

Anyway... if the information from that Sky Sports article is correct, Rovers offered even less than £1.5 million total with their original bid--and their second bid is exactly £1.5 million all told. My point is this: assuming that those numbers are accurate, the club is handling this situation well and we don't have to worry about them blowing £3 million on a young gamble of a player.

Rest easy.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well well, I just came back from the match, and dear me Pedersen had an awful 90min!

Sure he is just doing his bit to lower his price tag in order to facilitate the deal wink.gif . He certainly sounds as if he is keen to sign for us given the chance, and despite the other clubs said to be interested we are still the only club (that I know of) to have tabled a bid. Whilst that remains the case it's sensible to increase the bid incrementally to get the best deal possible, so I'm not too worried at the moment. The only cloud on the horizon is that we have a tendancy to respond slowly when other clubs do go after a player we have set our sights on (as in the case of McBride, although in retrospect it was no great loss), either because we are unwilling or financially unable to get involved in a bidding war.

international
Well well, I just came back from the match, and dear me Pedersen had an awful 90min!

looks like he has his eyes on a move to rovers wink.gif

Might look like he has got a big head thats for sure!

I know we shouldn't judge a player based on one performance, but I seriously doubt that Gamst Pedersen is the right man for Blackburn Rovers. IMO we should go after a guy like Zenden instead, who is a proven player both in the PL and internationaly....

In any case, remember that Pedersen aint any new Duff. IMO he is a completely deffernt player than Damien...

I'm really not keen on Zenden. Whenever I've seen him he seems to shoot as soon as he gets the ball in the oppositions half. Sure, he does nice things sometimes but he hasn't impressed me.

That being said, I'd much rather have him than Douglas on the left.

Well it doesnt matter if he has a bad game or two,but I think that is a good wake up call,cause many of us are expecting him or whoever to come in at left wing and set the place on fire,we have to be realistic,MGP is young,and consistency is something that will come by age.

Well it doesnt matter if he has a bad game or two,but I think that is a good wake up call,cause many of us are expecting him or whoever to come in at left wing and set the place on fire,we have to be realistic,MGP is young,and consistency is something that will come by age.

Could the same not be said for Jonny Douglas, Steven Reid and even Jemal Johnson.

Sometimes it's better the devil you know...

On the subject of Pedersen, this proposed deal gets more alarming as time goes by. His club holding out for more money and no-one actually witnessing him having a good game. Then there's the supposed interest from Villa and Man U that has suddenly disappeared.

From the original cries of 'sign him' and 'just buy him' bets are being hedged and the talk is now, 'give him time, he'll take time to adjust to the PL'.

Keep the powder dry Souey, he's patently not good enough.

Could the same not be said for Jonny Douglas, Steven Reid and even Jemal Johnson.

Sometimes it's better the devil you know...

On the subject of Pedersen, this proposed deal gets more alarming as time goes by. His club holding out for more money and no-one actually witnessing him having a good game. Then there's the supposed interest from Villa and Man U that has suddenly disappeared.

From the original cries of 'sign him' and 'just buy him' bets are being hedged and the talk is now, 'give him time, he'll take time to adjust to the PL'.

Keep the powder dry Souey, he's patently not good enough.

There is the small fact that Douglas and Reid aren't left wingers though?

I don't understand how writing a few lines in the LET gives you this in depth knowledge on Pedersen an the fact he'll be a flop?!

Your arguement regarding united and villa is pretty lightweight too. Think about it logically.

United - They've got Giggs to play there and he's still one of the best left wingers in the prem. Alan Smith can also do a good job there. I'm guessing they also have a few decent youth team lads who could do a job too. Even the likes of United have a transfer budget and they clearly have bigger priorities than a left winger. Left face it they could afford to let him play for us for a season and snatch him off us if he does well - sad but true......

Villa - I suspect their interest was mainly due to the Gareth Barry contract situation, however the fact that that seems to have been cleared up means they don't need Pedersen right now either. Then there's the fact they have Whittingham to play there too. Villa have made it quite clear they're working with a tight budget.....

His club holding out for more money and no-one actually witnessing him having a good game.

I don't wanna be rude, but how can you possibly state that noone have seen him play a good game?

The fact that YOU haven't seen him play a good game does not mean that noone else have either. If it wasn't for the good games he's had, do you think there's any chance he'd be as hyped as he is today?

MGP have delivered several good games. The fact that his last game were not good does not change anything.

I think the speculation over his future has probably been one reason to his recent performances.

Im sure he will be a star in the future,and he could do a good job for us right now too.As long as we get him in and can still afford a good center back ill be delighted with our summer.

Another thing that bothers me, are the suggestions that the guy will need time. Well, of course he's only young and probably wont be able to come in and do a job straight away. The only problem with that is, that we can't afford to start next season without a left sided midfielder. We need someone to come in from the first game and put in some performances.

I mean we've had over a year to sort this out, it's vital that this guy is up to it, from the kick off, if he isn't, we shouldn't have bothered.

We need someone to come in from the first game and put in some performances.

Of course we already have someone in that category............... Douglas smile.gif .

As far as Pederson goes I haven't seen him play, so can't comment on how good he is, but how old is he, 21 or so?

The age thing is a red herring IMO, he's either good enough or he isn't. If he isn't good enough now, he never will be in all likeliehood.

I think the speculation over his future has probably been one reason to his recent performances.

Im sure he will be a star in the future,and he could do a good job for us right now too.As long as we get him in and can still afford a good center back ill be delighted with our summer.

That was my thought when Krislu said he was bad that last game he saw. I have never seen him play myself, but most of the Norweigen people here say he's got a lot of potential, and could be a good signing. As they're more likely to have seen him, I trust their judgement.

The first offer from Blackburn was 1.5 mill + 0.5 mill after x played games. Tromsø will definitely not sell him for less than 2.5 mill tongue.gif

Well, he is NOT worth it..! BTW we beat you 1-0 yesterday.. laugh.giflaugh.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.