BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pedersen Bid

No MGP is not attached by hysterical supporters, but the club is.

We are Tromsø supporters and we put the club higher then a single player.

We will die for the club, the players are just part time workers that will leave in a few years.

We wish MGP the best as we have done so many times before with Rushfeldt, Lange, O.M Årst ... yeah even Tore Andre Flo became a top scorer in Tromsø before he went to Brann and to England.

Enought is enough. We have to tell the management that "money in the bank - doesnt win the match". Instead of selling they should be bying two new midthfielders themselves.

I know that both the coaches (Høgmo and Ulseth) are not very glad for this selling idea at all.

Even the local newspapers are telling the club to not sell MGP now.

I really dont think the new management is so stupid that they let MGP go now. If Blackburn want him so bad, they have to let him stay in Tromsø until the end of the season, else I really dont think you will get him without paying twice the money.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We will die for the club, the players are just part time workers that will leave in a few years.

We wish MGP the best as we have done so many times before with Rushfeldt, Lange, O.M Årst ... yeah even Tore Andre Flo became a top scorer in Tromsø before he went to Brann and to England.

Enought is enough. We have to tell the management that "money in the bank - doesnt win the match". Instead of selling they should be bying two new midthfielders themselves.

I know that both the coaches (Høgmo and Ulseth) are not very glad for this selling idea at all.

I really dont think the new management is so stupid that they let MGP go now. If Blackburn want him so bad, they have to let him stay in Tromsø until the end of the season, else I really dont think you will get him without paying twice the money.

We told you, HAVE DWIGHT YORKE!!!

Now can we pleaseeeeeeee have MGP!!!

Rovers fans should know how you feel, especially after the sale of Damien Duff.

For Tromso, it must be worst because the star players leave almost every season, at least we held on to Duff for a while.

But that is the vagaries of the football food chain, so you've got to accept it or support Man U. I know what I'd rather do.

Rovers should make a deal with Tromsø where he can stay with them til the end of the Norwegian season. MGP has potential, sure but he isn't going to turn up at Ewood and be an overnight saviour so there's no point in splashing the cash to make Tromsø sell immediately. He is young though and taking a bit of a gamble to sign him up on a 5 year contract would be good I think, meanwhile get some old timer in on a Bosman for a year to fill the void for now then teach him the ropes (Wilcox, Barmby should both be available).

I saw the whole of the Norway Wales game and wished I hadn't. Norway played without much organisation or direction. MGP didn't stand out but at least he looked like he wanted to play a bit - most of the Norway team were going through the motions.

How about sending one of our youngsters out there to help them finish the season strongly, whilst we take Pedersen. Not sure how Jerome Watt etc. would mind missing a chunk of their summer break - but it's not as if they've played much this season.

Doesn't Jemal Johnson play wide left, send him. We can compare apples to apples then, if young Jemal starts to tear things up in Norway we may want to reconsider this deal, since Jemal is deemed not good enough for our 1st team.

Send Yorke if he doesn't accept any offer.

Send Yorke but tell them it's Andy Cole, just have Dwight not smile so much, get caught offside a lot and I'll bet it would be the end of the Norwegian season before they suss out they've been had.

Send Yorke if he doesn't accept any offer.

Send Yorke but tell them it's Andy Cole, just have Dwight not smile so much, get caught offside a lot and I'll bet it would be the end of the Norwegian season before they suss out they've been had.

Or we could threaten to send them Yorke on a free, if the deal starts bogging down. Blackmail! biggrin.gif

Does anyone have any stats on this Pederson Guy?

Here's a good stat for you according to one of today's papers.

Released after a trial at Middlesbrough last year.

Draw your own conclusions, I know what mine are.

What... you mean after boro trialled him they suddenly realised that he wasnt a johnny foreigner mercenary they could sign on a free or on loan for extortionate wages. Nor was he a 5 goal a season injury plagued forward or just injury plagued for that matter!!!!

Arent these the guidelines steve mclaren abides by..... the most overated manager in the premiership...well apart from lancashires answer to Derek Trotter, the whealer dealer (2 for a pound) himself... Stand up Big Sam Allaredyce!!!!!

What... you mean after boro trialled him they suddenly realised that he wasnt a johnny foreigner mercenary they could sign on a free or on loan for extortionate wages. Nor was he a 5 goal a season injury plagued forward or just injury plagued for that matter!!!!

Arent these the guidelines steve mclaren abides by..... the most overated manager in the premiership...well apart from lancashires answer to Derek Trotter, the whealer dealer (2 for a pound) himself... Stand up Big Sam Allaredyce!!!!!

You can say what you like but big sam has been good at Bolton. In terms of money invested they should of been down a long time ago. To be fair you have to wonder what he would of achieved with a decent transfer budget.

You can say what you like but big sam has been good at Bolton. In terms of money invested they should of been down a long time ago. To be fair you have to wonder what he would of achieved with a decent transfer budget.

Erm, you know all the money goes to the wages right? They're paying a lot of money out to these past it superstars

The trouble with saying that is that some managers have an eye for a bargain and the bargains they buy are absoloutly superb yet when they are given the chance to flash the cash they buy overrated/unheard of crap. Lets take a look at our own Mr Souness for this his bargains have to be Friedel and Tugay for instance yet when he splashes out we get Grabbi. Same could be said for other managers such as Redknapp etc.

I would like to see how Curbishley gets on with a bit of cash this summer.

I would like to see how Curbishley gets on with a bit of cash this summer.

Two pointers:

- evedryone knows he has a £10m war chest yet he has managed to keep Charlton out of the gossip headlines

- he has quietly moved to take Earnshaw from Cardiff and Carrick from West Ham.

On that basis, so far so good.

I wonder what the odds are on Parker being back at the Valley on a loan deal are?

Back to MGP, I will be happy if he arrives but will not be convinced until he puts in some strong performances for Rovers. More a case of hope than expectation.

The move for the Olomuc winger is probably smart negotiating to show Tromso we are not desperate but could be indicative of Souness concluding MGP will not do a better job than the older player and therefore keeping his transfer budget back for other purposes.

Does anyone have any stats on this Pederson Guy?

Here's a good stat for you according to one of today's papers.

Released after a trial at Middlesbrough last year.

Draw your own conclusions, I know what mine are.

And a certain Mr. Cantona was "released" after a trial at Sheffield Wednesday. He signed for Leeds a few days later.

Draw your own conclusions.

(No, I'm not saying MGP is the new Cantona. I'm just saying that there may be many reasons why someone doesn't get signed by a club)

all well and good for yor club and yourslef

but

you are stopping him develope into a class player and to follow his dream in playing in a top league.

face it, your league to europe is just like blackburn to the epl, small fish in a big pond who is just a feeder club for the bigger fish

No, emerton. It will not hurt his carriere at all ( hope that was right), if he stays in Tromsø at little bit longer.

Even our national coach Åge Hareide said that he should stay in Tromsø until after World Cup -06.

He can be a class player in Norway. He dont need to play in England to be a class player. He wont be a millionaire if he stays in Norway ..... thats the only difference. Martin Andresen said that MGP would make Blackburn a better team - so he is already a class player.

MGP himself is in no hurry leaving Tromsø.

He wont be a millionaire if he stays in Norway ..... thats the only difference. 

Unfortunately that is quite a big difference isn't it?

Thing is we've been in exactly the same situation before with Damian Duff so we know how you feel. Sure it might not happen this summer but eventually, if he is good enough, he'll be off to another club.

If it's any consolation if he does eventually come to Rovers and proves to be a fantastic player then the chances are eventually we'll lose him as well. Hopefully he'll be brilliant - but not too brilliant - or Abramovich will be back again.

If he stops with Rovers he won't become a multi, multi millionaire...... thats the only difference. wink.gif

The thing is that in the modern game, it is the money that does the talking.

The Alan Smith affair is a class example of that.

MGP will leave Tromsø before 2006, that is a fact. Most likely he will leave this summer or after the norwegian season.

And a big factor in this move will be....weehey, money. Going to him, his agent and Tromsø.

My guess is that he will be a Rovers-player when the norwegian leauge pauses for the summer. for a fee og £1.7M.

Edited by Rainmaker

yes, I agree with you all. Money talks.

We try our best to pressure the management so that MGP is with us this season. We'll see how it goes.

Today we have an important match against Vålerenga ( from Oslo). MGP is of course playing. Hopefully he will score a couple with his left foot smile.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.