BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pedersen Bid

In short, Blackburn has refused accept that Tromsø want to keep Pedersen until the end of the Norwegian season. Either we get Pedersen signed so that he will be ready for pre-season training, or there wont be any deal at all, says Rovers representative Paul Agniew.

Tromsø havent had a written offer from Rovers yet, but they wont exclude the idea of selling Pedersen before the end of the season if the price is right.

Paul Agniew also confirms that Blackburn have several world class players in their sight, so missing out on Pedersen wont be a big blow because then we might just buy Vicente from Spain or get Duffer back. As for Dickov he reports that the only reason Blackburn are signing him is because of the lack of bouncers at the local pub, and that he is sick and tired of doing all the "dirty work" around the training field himself, like filling waterbottles and stuff....

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul Agniew also confirms that Blackburn have several world class players in their sight, so missing out on Pedersen wont be a big blow because then we might just buy Vicente from Spain or get Duffer back. As for Dickov he reports that the only reason Blackburn are signing him is because of the lack of bouncers at the local pub, and that he is sick and tired of doing all the "dirty work" around the training field himself, like filling waterbottles and stuff

WTF????

This Paul Agniew seems a bit of a daft prick laugh.gif

Edited by greggyk

Paul Agniew also confirms that Blackburn have several world class players in their sight, so missing out on Pedersen wont be a big blow because then we might just buy Vicente from Spain or get Duffer back. As for Dickov he reports that the only reason Blackburn are signing him is because of the lack of bouncers at the local pub, and that he is sick and tired of doing all the "dirty work" around the training field himself, like filling waterbottles and stuff

WTF????

Where might I find gullable in the dictionary? thumbs-up.gif

WTF????

I think the smilie face shows that although I cannot read noweigion, i can see when someone is telling porkies. Krislu.

Blackburn says no to Tromsøs demand

-

Tromsø wont sell MGP until the end of the season, something which is unacceptable for Blackburn.

-

MPG's transfer to Blackburn could be in great danger if Tromsø wont drop their demand.

-We understand Tromsø will try to keep him until the end of the season. This means he is not available for sale until november. This is unacceptable to us, says the Premier League-clubs spokesman Paul Agniew to Aftenposten.

Tromsøs chairman, Trygve Myrvang, wont say much about the matter, but he admits that the speculations has some thruth.

-We want to keep him until the end of the season, but we have to consider both the player and the economics, says Myrvang.

Have you recived any concrete offers from Blackburn?

-No, we have not. The way I see it a concret offer is written, and we have received no written offers.

Is the price being discussed?

-No, we have not come that far.

Do you rule out selling MPG this summer?

-Its a difficult question. That answer will have to come through furder discussions. Could be Yes, could be no.

Do you think he plays for you in the fall?

-Time will show, replies Myrvang.

MPG has with his efforts this fall on the national team and tromsø played himself into the norweagians football-hearts.

This has waked international interest and besides Blackburn, both Aston Villa and Manchester United is reported to be interested.

The 22 year old himself does not want to talk about a possible transfer to Premier League.

-There has been much talk, but i think little about it. At the moment I am a TIL-player and I focus on it. That way I wont be dreaming myself away.

I know that transfers can take a lot of time and what have you but there seems to be one hell of a lot of mincing around going on here. What is it? 2 weeks after confirming our interest? Have we made a formal bid? No. I don't know, call me old fashioned ("You're old fashioned!") but perhaps that might help?

I'd imagine that the negotiations will go something like this - but bear in mind this is a concise version of events that may take place over four or five weeks - a series of complex discussions involving Agents, the two football clubs, the player himself, bank managers, lawyers and various hangers on.

Rovers: "We want him for £1.5m and we want him now"

Tromsø: "No."

R: "How's about £2m? But we still want him now."

T: "No."

R: "OK - Goodbye."

Rovers: "We want him for £1.5m and we want him now"

Tromsø: "No."

R: "How's about £2m? But we still want him now."

T: "No."

R: "OK - Goodbye."

Rovers: "ok how about £500k and you can keep him til the end of your season(october)"

Tromsø: "now you understand us, NO!"

R: "bye"

T: "ok you can have him! Sir Alex told me to mess you about a bit"

ph34r.gif

WTF????

I think the smilie face shows that although I cannot read noweigion, i can see when someone is telling porkies. Krislu.

Not a very bright quote from Paul Agnew. Especially as he is supposed to run a public relations company.

Is he still the Editor of RoverTime magazine? "The Official Matchday Magazine of Blackburn Rovers Football Club."

I wonder if he was speaking as a PR guru, as Rovers Editor or with both feet in his mouth.

Guest PolarBeer
Anyhow there is no such word as GULLIBLE!!

If you don't believe me look it up in the dictionary.

Which dictionary did you consult? GULLIBLE is derived from the noun GULL. My dictionary, albeit from 1982 (Chambers Twentieth Century Dictionary), defines GULLIBLE as "easily deceived (also gullable)"

How about sending one of our youngsters out there to help them finish the season strongly, whilst we take Pedersen. Not sure how Jerome Watt etc. would mind missing a chunk of their summer break - but it's not as if they've played much this season.

How about sending one of our youngsters out there to help them finish the season strongly, whilst we take Pedersen. Not sure how Jerome Watt etc. would mind missing a chunk of their summer break - but it's not as if they've played much this season.

Not a bad point..

Which dictionary did you consult? GULLIBLE is derived from the noun GULL. My dictionary, albeit from 1982 (Chambers Twentieth Century Dictionary), defines GULLIBLE as "easily deceived (also gullable)"

Sorry PB an old joke.

Admittedly Not a very good one. smile.gif

Sorry PB an old joke.

Admittedly Not a very good one. smile.gif

Mr PolarBeer, hang your had in shame.

Guest pelt

Sad to say, all (and I do mean ALL) Tromsø supporters find Rovers first bid to be rather pathetic. We'll probably get the same amount just by being a part of the new scandinavian Royal League (top 4 teams in Norway). Without Gamsten we are not likely to be there at all...

We expect to get at least 3 mill £. And Gamsten is not in a hurry to leave us, he is contracted until 2007 and he is still young, willing to stay, has his family and friends in Tromsø, and being in the norwegian national team means he will be seen and given plenty of chances to prove his worth.

I notice that Aston Villa and United are mentioned, but there where actually agents and scouts from more than 10 european clubs present at Ullevaal last week to follow him and Magne Hoseth playing for Norway against Wales.

Havng said this, I'd rather see Gamsten playing for Rovers than Villa or United...

good suggestion 6!

how abt 1.5m and matty + another youngster on loan?

we get our man, matty gets his match practice, and i think no matter what u do in training, playing competitive league matches, albeit in a 'lesser' league should do him a world of good.

sadly though, if he can't cut it there, we really can't even hope anymore...

but if it works out, we get MGP, and by november, we'd have a fully fit matty as well!

£3 million? He's not worth that right now, I'd expect someone more proven for that amount of money.

Back to Lovenkrands maybe... blink.gif

You shouldn't put to much into what Pelt is saying, he is just another Tromsø supporter who is afraid that their biggest star is about to leave the club..

Noway are ANYONE going to pay £3m for MGP who has only played 1, yes ONE season in the norwegian top flight.!

Pelt; Tromsø aint going to finish top 4 this season even if you get to keep MGP. Remember last season when you secured "Tippeliga" football with a goal 5min into injury time against Rosenborg.....

Rosenborg, Brann, Molde and Bodø/Glimt will finish above you, maybe Lyn as well... laugh.gif

£3 million? He's not worth that right now, I'd expect someone more proven for that amount of money.

Back to Lovenkrands maybe... blink.gif

You shouldn't put to much into what Pelt is saying, he is just another Tromsø supporter who is afraid that their biggest star is about to leave the club..

Noway are ANYONE going to pay £3m for MGP who has only played 1, yes ONE season in the norwegian top flight.!

Pelt; Tromsø aint going to finish top 4 this season even if you get to keep MGP. Remember last season when you secured "Tippeliga" football with a goal 5min into injury time against Rosenborg.....

Rosenborg, Brann, Molde and Bodø/Glimt will finish above you, maybe Lyn as well... laugh.gif

Well, if Tromsø is gonna sell their best players every year, they will never win the league. Then it will always be a struggle to make sure thei have a place in the best league. Last time they sold their star they ended up in 1 division. This time they dont dare.

Tromsø has proven that they can beat the top teams in Norway. On monday VIF is going down.

This time the management has to listen to us, the supporters, the sponsors and the rest of the citizens of Tromsø. Tromsø don't need the money right now and the value of MGP will increase.

If MGP is sold before the end of the season, we will have a new management. They will NEVER survive it.

Looks like this MB is getting attacked with hysterical Tromsø supporters biggrin.gif. Face it, MGP wants to move to England and he IS leaving you this summer whether you like it or not...

This happens all the time in football, a small club like Tromsø cant compete with a massive European club like Blackburn Rovers... rover.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.