BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pedersen Bid

Thing is that Souness has watched this guy around 5 times live- he must be sure in his mind if he can do it.

Also watched him play international football- the fact he is trying to tie him up so early on in the summer must be down to the fact that he thinks he can hack Prem football- also its our priority position.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought he was good, according to you Norweigens. Now you're saying he's rubbish ?. This is very confusing for me now. So should us non-Norweigens be happy to see him here or not ?.

I have never said that he is rubbish, he had an awful match agains Brann yesterday, but the guy still still has potential to be a very good player.. If you read my previous posts you will se that I'm about the only norwegian on this MB who is a bit worried about us spending alot of money on Gamst Pedersen...

IMO we need a player who can go straight into our starting XI and perform from day one, and I'm not to sure Gamst Pedersen can do that..

IMO we need a player who can go straight into our starting XI and perform from day one, and I'm not to sure Gamst Pedersen can do that..

It's such a shame, because with that pressure it'll be a steep hill for anyone we sign this summer. Duff is history, he wasn't the finish article when he started and if he had this pressure on him to perform from day 1, chances are he wouldn't have got this far. We need to give whoever comes in whether he is 22 or 32, the chance to aclimatise to the team, surroundings, the Premiership oh and our fans (I'm sure Emerton can fill him on that one.)

We need to stop having this huge pressure by claiming that he NEEDS to come in and perform from day 1.

The first offer from Blackburn was 1.5 mill + 0.5 mill after x played games. Tromsø will definitely not sell him for less than 2.5 mill tongue.gif

The way i understood it the bid was £900k up front with £600k appearance related. They want a total offer of £2m - 2.5m so it wouldn't take alot to bring this talent to ewood!

Who would you prefer in that position then Krislu? Personally I think Gamst is more than ready. Ok, I said the same thing about Andresen and I still think he would have come good if given more time in central midfield.

Gamst has qualities that rovers missed on the left side this season. Most important. He can take someone on, score goals and he can deliver excellent crosses with both his right and left foot.

We need to stop having this huge pressure by claiming that he NEEDS to come in and perform from day 1.

But, we can't afford to start the season off without a L.M. Along with problems elsewhere in the team, not having any balance in the side cost us dearly.

We can't approach the new season in no better shape than last.

Who would you prefer in that position then Krislu? Personally I think Gamst is more than ready. Ok, I said the same thing about Andresen and I still think he would have come good if given more time in central midfield.

Gamst has qualities that rovers missed on the left side this season. Most important. He can take someone on, score goals and he can deliver excellent crosses with both his right and left foot.

Maybe I was a bit harsh in my demands regarding young Gamst Pedersen, but still I do not think he is worth £2.5m in todays transfer marked...

But, we can't afford to start the season off without a L.M. Along with problems elsewhere in the team, not having any balance in the side cost us dearly.

We can't approach the new season in no better shape than last.

I'm not disagreeing with the fact that we need a left midfielder or that we have suffered from an imbalanced team for years, infact I've been going on for seasons saying that we had no balance, although previously I felt it was the lack of gritty players it may be the opposite now.

Lets not have too high expectations of him scoring a goal and setting up two goals and Rovers slaughtering Crystal Palace 5-1 on the opening day.

What I mean is that he's going to need a few matches to get settled and let's give him that, it's already tough for anyone to come into our problem area, lets not make it any harder for him.

Let's not draw any comparisons with Duff, because quite simply, Pedersen will never be as good as him.

I have not seen much at all of Pedersen, what little I've seen, he looked less a skilful left-wing but more a Freddy Ljungberg type winger who gets in the box a lot to score goals - but isn't exactly mesmerising the opposition full backs or whipping in crosses.

Obviously, this view is wholly unsupported because I haven't seen many matches at all.

All I have to say is - let's just hope Souness and his scouts have got it right.

Fortunately I don't think many Rovers fans will be comparing him with Duff (as they might have if he had arrived a year ago). Rather they will be comparing him to whoever was on the left hand side in the past season, from which you can take your pick of about five or six players. None were any good at going forward. Douglas, for example, posses all the attacking threat on the left wing as broken pea shooter. Not that I'm having a go against Douglas, just saying that left wing isn't his position.

How can we ever say he will never be as good as Duff?How do you know?He is only 21-22 and 4 years younger than Duff,4 years is a long time.

Also,what I meant to say about him not going in straight to solving our left side,was that we shouldnt expect him to play well week in week out.He is young and moving to a new country,which isnt easy!But that doesnt mean he cant perform well at all.We just have to be realistic about a young foreigner.

What a load of old tosh.

All eleven players whoever they are, in whatever position, NEED to come in and perform from day 1 next season. There's no room for any passengers at this level unfortunately.

How can we ever say he will never be as good as Duff?How do you know? He is only 21-22 and 4 years younger than Duff,4 years is a long time.

Also,what I meant to say about him not going in straight to solving our left side,was that we shouldnt expect him to play well week in week out.He is young and moving to a new country,which isnt easy!But that doesnt mean he cant perform well at all.We just have to be realistic about a young foreigner.

Damien Duff born 03.02 - 1979

Morten Gamst Pedersen born 08.09 - 1981

Are the years shorter in Iraq Bobby, or are you talking dog years here?

One more thing! Why are you saying that he can be as good as Duff, and at the same time you are saying that we have to be realistic ?!

Q: Where was Duff 2years ago?!

A: He was setting the world alight in the World Cup, with some brilliant WORLDCLASS performances..

Edited by krislu

What a load of old tosh.

All eleven players whoever they are, in whatever position, NEED to come in and perform from day 1 next season. There's no room for any passengers at this level unfortunately.

And what if they don't perform from the first day? Get rid of them because we can't afford any passengers?

If that's the case, we would never had seen Henry, Pires, Okocha and a list of other foreign players if we adapted your view on new foreign players. The only recent foreign player I've seen come in and play well from the start is Nistlerooy.

If anything clubs like ourselves need to be more patient with new players because we can offer them a chance to play regularly and without the pressures of Man Utd or Chelsea where they need to win every single match or they wont play. That should be one of pros for a young player to join our club.

Thank god you aren't our manager.

Edited by 78

What a load of old tosh.

And what if they don't perform from the first day? Get rid of them because we can't afford any passengers?

If that's the case, we would never had seen Henry, Pires, Okocha and a list of other foreign players if we adapted your view on new foreign players. The only recent foreign player I've seen come in and play well from the start is Nistlerooy.

If anything clubs like ourselves need to be more patient with new players because we can offer them a chance to play regularly and without the pressures of Man Utd or Chelsea where they need to win every single match or they wont play. That should be one of pros for a young player to join our club.

Thank god you aren't our manager.

O.K. then lads, just come in and start playing when you feel like it, doesn't matter if we get relegated down a division or two, you can always find your feet from the middle of division two.

Why should foreign players be allowed or expected to come in and play poorly simply by virtue of the fact they are foreign?

IMO the reverse of what you say is true in our case. Arsenal or Man Ure can afford to carry a bigger squad arguably allowing a foreign player a bit more leeway and time to acclimatise. We can't.

What a load of old tosh.

Sorry Rev mate but your stance on this beggars belief.

As 78 quite rightly points out, some of the best talents in the Premiership took at least a season to adapt.

I would happily settle for buying a player who turns out to be top class after acclaimatising to the EPL, rather than some plodder like Damien Johnson. wink.gif

Krislu,first of all im not from Iraq,second of all what I said was that how do we know that he WONT be as good as Duff one day or better?I didnt say he is better right now,therefore I said we have to be realistic,we are getting a left winger not Duff's replacement in that sense!

Im sorry I was off by 1 and a half years when I mentioned their ages.I didnt know it was a sin to make a mistake.

Is there a problem?

So you will go on record here to say that MGP will never be as good/or better than Damien Duff?

I would happily settle for buying a player who turns out to be top class after acclaimatising to the EPL, rather than some plodder like Damien Johnson. wink.gif

A so called "plodder" in a side that finished considerably higher than us though last season you will have to admit!. tongue.gif

Expecting Pederson to perform to a reasonable standard is a whole different thing to saying "Go on son, no pressure at all, just go out and be the next Damien Duff. That is ridiculous and I can't believe anyone will be thinking that.

If he's good enough, he'll be fine. He might take a few games to acclimatise to the pace, he'll have the odd bad game like anyone else and given his age you would reasonably expect him to improve over the next few seasons.

Krislu,first of all im not from Iraq,second of all what I said was that how do we know that he WONT be as good as Duff one day or better?I didnt say he is better right now,therefore I said we have to be realistic,we are getting a left winger not Duff's replacement in that sense!

Im sorry I was off by 1 and a half years when I mentioned their ages.I didnt know it was a sin to make a mistake.

Is there a problem?

So you will go on record here to say that MGP will never be as good/or better than Damien Duff?

Iran - Iraq....poteto potato...

And yes, I dont think Gamst Pedersen will ever be as good as damien. But thats not really the point, the point is that we need a player who can put in good performances on that left side NEXT season, not the season after that or sometime in the "future"...

IMO Gamst Pedersen is to much of a gamle if the price tag is £2.5m...

Well it doesnt matter if he has a bad game or two,but I think that is a good wake up call,cause many of us are expecting him or whoever to come in at left wing and set the place on fire,we have to be realistic,MGP is young,and consistency is something that will come by age.

Could the same not be said for Jonny Douglas, Steven Reid and even Jemal Johnson.

Sometimes it's better the devil you know...

On the subject of Pedersen, this proposed deal gets more alarming as time goes by. His club holding out for more money and no-one actually witnessing him having a good game. Then there's the supposed interest from Villa and Man U that has suddenly disappeared.

From the original cries of 'sign him' and 'just buy him' bets are being hedged and the talk is now, 'give him time, he'll take time to adjust to the PL'.

Keep the powder dry Souey, he's patently not good enough.

There is the small fact that Douglas and Reid aren't left wingers though?

I don't understand how writing a few lines in the LET gives you this in depth knowledge on Pedersen an the fact he'll be a flop?!

Your arguement regarding united and villa is pretty lightweight too. Think about it logically.

United - They've got Giggs to play there and he's still one of the best left wingers in the prem. Alan Smith can also do a good job there. I'm guessing they also have a few decent youth team lads who could do a job too. Even the likes of United have a transfer budget and they clearly have bigger priorities than a left winger. Left face it they could afford to let him play for us for a season and snatch him off us if he does well - sad but true......

Villa - I suspect their interest was mainly due to the Gareth Barry contract situation, however the fact that that seems to have been cleared up means they don't need Pedersen right now either. Then there's the fact they have Whittingham to play there too. Villa have made it quite clear they're working with a tight budget.....

Very good.

Firstly, I have no in depth knowledge but I go off the fact that Norwegian attacking players very rarely are anything more than functional. If you can name one other than Solskjaer who isn't then I'll doff my cap in your direction.

Your argument about United and the left wing situation is flawed too. With Keane, Scholes and Butt to play central midfield (arguably the best trio in the prem) why did they then go out and buy Kleberson and Djemba Djemba for big bucks? I understand that left wing is probably not a huge concern but then again I wouldn't have central midfield as being so for them either.

I'll be leaving the fray on this particular topic and I'll refrain from posting I told you so if and when he fails to deliver because it would appear he will be signing.

Conversely if he surprises me and turns out to be the new wing sensation of the prem I will gladly admit I was wrong...and quite possibly show my backside in the Ewood club too.

Well it doesnt matter if he has a bad game or two,but I think that is a good wake up call,cause many of us are expecting him or whoever to come in at left wing and set the place on fire,we have to be realistic,MGP is young,and consistency is something that will come by age.

Could the same not be said for Jonny Douglas, Steven Reid and even Jemal Johnson.

Sometimes it's better the devil you know...

On the subject of Pedersen, this proposed deal gets more alarming as time goes by. His club holding out for more money and no-one actually witnessing him having a good game. Then there's the supposed interest from Villa and Man U that has suddenly disappeared.

From the original cries of 'sign him' and 'just buy him' bets are being hedged and the talk is now, 'give him time, he'll take time to adjust to the PL'.

Keep the powder dry Souey, he's patently not good enough.

There is the small fact that Douglas and Reid aren't left wingers though?

I don't understand how writing a few lines in the LET gives you this in depth knowledge on Pedersen an the fact he'll be a flop?!

Your arguement regarding united and villa is pretty lightweight too. Think about it logically.

United - They've got Giggs to play there and he's still one of the best left wingers in the prem. Alan Smith can also do a good job there. I'm guessing they also have a few decent youth team lads who could do a job too. Even the likes of United have a transfer budget and they clearly have bigger priorities than a left winger. Left face it they could afford to let him play for us for a season and snatch him off us if he does well - sad but true......

Villa - I suspect their interest was mainly due to the Gareth Barry contract situation, however the fact that that seems to have been cleared up means they don't need Pedersen right now either. Then there's the fact they have Whittingham to play there too. Villa have made it quite clear they're working with a tight budget.....

Very good.

Firstly, I have no in depth knowledge but I go off the fact that Norwegian attacking players very rarely are anything more than functional. If you can name one other than Solskjaer who isn't then I'll doff my cap in your direction.

Your argument about United and the left wing situation is flawed too. With Keane, Scholes and Butt to play central midfield (arguably the best trio in the prem) why did they then go out and buy Kleberson and Djemba Djemba for big bucks? I understand that left wing is probably not a huge concern but then again I wouldn't have central midfield as being so for them either.

I'll be leaving the fray on this particular topic and I'll refrain from posting I told you so if and when he fails to deliver because it would appear he will be signing.

Conversely if he surprises me and turns out to be the new wing sensation of the prem I will gladly admit I was wrong...and quite possibly show my backside in the Ewood club too.

Carews a decent striker is he not?

Keane (by his own admission cannot play a full season in the premiership anymore and has accepted he won't. Kleberson was highly rated and has been a big let down to be fair. Djemba Djemba I'm not entirely sure about but didn't it bag an agent a nice little fee? Make of that what you will. Butt is surplus to requirements.....

Fair enough, I just can't see how you can write a player off because he's norweigan and you haven't seen him play!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.