BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hooligans Yet Again

If people stopped reading the b*llshit articles they wouldn't keep writing them........as for the anti-english, guardianistas at the BBC they have long been a disgrace

Absolutely spot on. The trouble that has been reported is similar to trouble you see in every holiday resort, I'm not condoning it but it is a fact that there is trouble in the Algarve with British Holiday makers every year. We should be focusing on that and not trying to link it to the football.

I'm suprised nobody has picked up on the massive problems in Birmingham and London after the France defeat. There were fights over here too, I suppose that was all down to the fans over in Lisbon as well was it!!!!.

But there WAS significant trouble in Portugal and there just happens to be a football tournament being played there. What do you expect the press and TV to do - ignore it and pretend it did not happen?

I'm sure 99.9 per cent of the England fans in Portugal are well behaved and having a good time, but, as usual, it is the ignorant few who spoil it for the rest.

The trouble in Boston, London and various Hertfordshire towns after the France match was well documented on television and in the newspapers.

I'm sure 99.9 per cent of the England fans in Portugal are well behaved and having a good time.

If the buffons purporting to be England "fans" had not terrorised half of Portugal

These two statements seem very different Jim, surely 0.01 percent of England fans couldn't terrorise half of Portugal.

An England fan was stabbed to death in Lisbon last night, a croatian man has been arrested.

It's a good job all other teams fans are as good as gold and only the English have a hooligan element eh Jim. Still it was probably the the fault of the English fans for celebrating wasn't it Jim.

An England fan was stabbed to death in Lisbon last night, a croatian man has been arrested.

It's a good job all other teams fans are as good as gold and only the English have a hooligan element eh Jim. Still it was probably the the fault of the English fans for celebrating wasn't it Jim.

I'm sure this doesn't need pointing out to everyone on here but if this was the other way round, if an England fan had killed a Croatian fan, then we'd have all the headlines this morning of "Shame of the nation", "Bring them home now" etc, etc. Instead what do we get? Hardly a mention of this anywhere.

I fully expect UEFA to act in the strongest possible way by making sanctions against the Croatian FA. (Yeah, right)

Still in all fairness to the press, it doesn't sell papers does it, to report this sort of thing. Let's just stick to the stereotypes that we all know and love - it's a lot easier and doesn't involve having to think too hard does it?

Instead what do we get? Hardly a mention of this anywhere.

Understand your sentiments bob but in fairness to the press the incident is reported as happening at 4.00am. It has been all over the BBC since around 8.00am when the story broke. Currently the broadcaster seems to be struggling for information other than:

There was no hint of trouble nor any mass violence

A 27 year old England fan died from stab wounds said to be inflicted by a Croatian fan

A Croatian has been arrested in connection with the suspected murder of an England fan

PS - I'm not trying to be an apologist but this does appear to be the situation at the moment

Can't imagine what would happen to us if one of our fans did the stabbing

Out the tournament, no european football for years, massive fines....

UEFA will give the Croatian FA a 10k fine and tell them to stop being naughty.

I fully expect UEFA to act in the strongest possible way by making sanctions against the Croatian FA. (Yeah, right)

Unfortuntely England just is not popular with Eufa, for example during the Rio drug test thing sebb blatter was demanding a long ban and placing a large amount of pressure on the FA to ban Rio and make a real example of him.

Now bear in mind the charge against Rio was for missing a drugs test.

Now what do you think happened to the Croatian international player who FAILED a drugs test recently?

He played in last nights international against England - Ivica Olic

Now bear in mind this guy had FAILED a drugs test, yet eufa decided to accept his explanation that the banned substances were in his system as part of some medicine for a damaged rib.

He wasnt banned from playing for Croatia because the doctor failed to notify the Croatia FA about the drug/drug test so he was never banned, instead the croatian FA had there legs slapped.

Now excuse me, but if thats not double standards what is!

There are now conflicting reports that the arrested man is from the Ukraine rather than Croatia. Puts a different perspective on the story. How would that be football related.

The details are still very sketchy and none seems to know the facts

Apologies to the Croat FA for my comments as it's clear it's not a football related incident anymore.

sad.gif

I'll second that - I look a bit of a chimp as well now. You'd have thought I'd have learnt by now not to make "knee jerk" reactions / comments.

sad.gif

Unfortunately, there are some ukrainian immigrants turning to crime.

Mainly due to desperate situations, caused by ukrainian mafia that asks for a lot of money for them to travel to Portugal.

Once they arrive, some turn to crime. maybe some already do it in Ukraine.

terrible !!football isnt worth losing your life over...

just going back to earlier on in the evening.Did anyone see frances 1st goal.?As goat head was just about to take the corner the swiss fans threw something on the pitch just missing him,imagine if it was us that did it.

Surprised to hear that Portugal has its share of immigrant criminals - I thought they'd all arrived on our shores.....

From reports by those who witnessed this murder , it seems that this scumbag had been persistently hanging around the English fans despite them repeatedly telling him to sling his hook . Presumably the Ukrainian wasn't aware of , or didn't believe , the murderous reputation of our fans !

Surprised to hear that Portugal has its share of immigrant criminals - I thought they'd all arrived on our shores.....

His name was Steven Smith, he was a Wolves supporter, 28 years old and loved football. He was living his dream to travel around the world.

His parents have done a press comment about what a great son he was and how he was doing what he always wanted to do. They are grieving for their son and so is a lot of Portugal and most of the England supporters.

He died because of...........oh.....sod it........RIP Steven Smith.

And you Phil just want to make a comment about illegal immigrants.

Well done.

Happy now? Proved a point?

My heart goes out to the surviving family of this young man, Steven. IT's a crying shame, 28 years old so much to live for.

Why am I suspiscious about the reports that it was not football related, don't know just am.

On the topic of the drugs ban, yes, there again there does seem to be a double standard. Rules for England, rules for others. How on Earth the Welsh got nowhere with their complaints either is beyond me it all stinks, it does. I wonder what would happen if Rooney showed up positive on a drugs test about now.

His name was Steven Smith, he was a Wolves supporter, 28 years old and loved football. He was living his dream to travel around the world.

His parents have done a press comment about what a great son he was and how he was doing what he always wanted to do. They are grieving for their son and so is a lot of Portugal and most of the England supporters.

Well done.

Nothing wrong with my comments Col , my super smug mate! Maybe it's you who's trying to make the point about how superior and moral you are ..... Did you know him personally ?

A single stab wound to the heart tragically killed Stephen Smith in Lisbon, Portugese police have said.

According to reports, the Ukranian man had tried to steal Stephen's wallet, who pushed him away. Minutes later he returned and stabbed Stephen through the heart.

It was reported in today's Daily Telegraph that some England fans had earlier complained to police about the attacker, but officers had dismissed their concerns.

Devastated parents Diane and John Smith said in a statement: "Stephen, or Ste, as everyone knew him, was a hard working young man who would help anyone. He was living his dream when this tragedy happened."

user posted image

Wolves Chairman Rick Hayward has spoken of his deep sadness and shock: "To hear this news is very distressing and shocking. I'm sure that I speak on behalf of everyone connected with Wolverhampton Wanderers when I offer our sincerest condolences to Stephen's family and friends."

Vadym Abromov, a 31 year old immigrant from the Ukraine has appeared in court charged with the killing. His case has been adjourned to a later date.

Well done.

Nothing wrong with my comments Col , my super smug mate! Maybe it's you who's trying to make the point about how superior and moral you are ..... Did you know him personally ?

Now thats 'irony'.

According to reports, the Ukranian man had tried to steal Stephen's wallet, who pushed him away. Minutes later he returned and stabbed Stephen through the heart.

It was reported in today's Daily Telegraph that some England fans had earlier complained to police about the attacker, but officers had dismissed their concerns.

Strange...

Some english supporters that witnessed the killing, said that the ukrainian guy was around there for a while and that he stole a wallet from other english fan, Steve caught him and he was stabbed by the ukrainian guy.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.