BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sven

What do you make of it all?

I can remember ABBEY particularly feeling strongly about Eriksson and the job that he actually does as well as a few other members on the message board after one of the England games in Euro 2004.

In my opinion I don’t think he’s up to. For the amount of money that Sven is on a year, £4M apparently, I don’t think he’s earning his money well.

I can’t honestly say that I can see us winning anything with him at all.

Obviously there’s more to the story than any of us will know at the moment, so it will be interesting to see how it will unfold.

Eriksson does not fear sack

FA calls emergency meeting

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was reading up on this on the excellent BBC sport website & wondering what all the fuss was about. So what if he's had another affair, beats me how a Mr Burns look-a-like can get these women in to bed...

But when I delved further it turns out that Sven & his concubine (who is a secretary at the FA) had denied all allegations so vehemently that the FA legal section had actually issued a statement declaring their innocence....

But then it turns out that the secretary has been 'involved' with Sven AND with the Chief Exec as well! (at the same time?)

No doubt everybody in the UK knows all about this, but just thought I'd maybe bring it to a wider audience.

FA calls emergency meeting

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/i...and/3926679.stm

tinykit.gif

yeah, well there is always that I suppose...

Or maybe it's his range of mobile phones???

Aren't you just glad we decided to not accept him as our manager & chose Roy Hodgson instead... I always knew we'd made the right decision

tinykit.gif

Edited by TROOPER

Trooper, he was offered the job, he accepted the job and Jack Walker kept the job open for him. Even sent him videos of the games so that he was up to speed on the teams performance then 3 months or so down the line after hed got a better contract elsewhere he gave Jack the big elbow.

Sven is really being given money for old rope - or in his case Money for (old?) birds. His £4M a year to go and watch premiership football and then pick the same team as most blokes down the pub is a Joke. As for his superb tatical genius - i've seen Sunday league managers with more tactical awareness - on a Friday night after 10 pints. I believe he cost us Euro 2004 with poor substitutions and lack of man management. ( I mean if you can't get players to play then drop them - he had 22 players out there and seemed unable to drop underperforming players).

His blatant lies to the FA on this matter may just be the Final straw but I doubt it - there a very few managers out there who would like the England managers postion - the pressure, the media attention etc must make this one of the most pressured jobs in football. Also there is the matter of his existing contract and whether the FA would be forced to give him a huge payout.

Maybe we should just stick to the devil we know and hope that he has learnt from his mistakes at Euro 2004, and can lead us to vitory in the World Cup.

I can’t honestly say that I can see us winning anything with him at all.

Just like every manager since and before '66 then thumbs-up.gif

And I won't really comment on any of this as he's the man who turned my club (IFK Göteborg) into a European top club, won the UEFA Cup (Some achievement with a Swedish team, and I believe he's the youngest manager to win it. Wasn't even 35 when he did it I think) and set the club up for another UEFA Cup win. My family are also close friends of some of his relatives and I've met him on family occasions. So I'm very much biased and my comments shouldn't be taken seriously wink.gif

Edited by Lathund

If it weren't for the fact that Steve McLaren is rumoured as the successor, I would say it would be deeply irresponsible of the FA if they do not sieze this opportunity to get rid of Sven for nothing.

His behaviour in the England job shows that his acceptance/rejection of Jack Walker's offer was IN character, not an aberration.

His performance in the England job indicates that had he come to Ewood, we would have been boring, won nothing, but would not have suffered the Hodgson/Kidd trauma and relegation.

the other options england have

1.curb

2.sam

3.mac

all english but if the F.A fired sven and wanted the replacement to be foregn, the best bet would be to try and temp wenger away from Arsenal!

On the other hand i would just like to say what a so totally excellent job Mark Hughes has done for the welsh national side, robbed of euro 2004 but the world cup will be ours in 2006!!! tongue.gif

Sven should be burnt at the stake for his underhand sexual antics. He seems to be at it every five minutes. First that Ulrika Johannssson three years ago, then that Nancy Dallaglio (who he had the nerve to actually live with!! - out of Wedlock ohmy.gif ) and now this Secretary harlot. Where will it end? He should learn to tie a knot in it. He must resign or be removed immediately, taken to Trafalgar Square and fed to the pigeons.

Plus he's tactically rubbish and is being paid a fortune for it.

Alan75 Posted: Jul 27 2004, 12:56

Trooper, he was offered the job, he accepted the job and Jack Walker kept the job open for him. Even sent him videos of the games so that he was up to speed on the teams performance then 3 months or so down the line after hed got a better contract elsewhere he gave Jack the big elbow.

I know Alan, just my attempt at humour... tinykit.gif

The bloke can not be trusted, as Jack Walker found out.

And to add to that he has failed to take England forward (in fact he has hardly taken them beyond the halfway line) with probably the best crop of players available for many years.

Sack him!

Edited by mjs

I have said previously - we shouldn't have put this guy in charge in the first place.

Professor Schnaffel is not good enough and hopefully this wiil be the push that gets rid of him as he is getting paid far too much - but then again the FA are too limp wristed and corrupt as it is, and where already aware in some part of his' exploits' so they probably won't do anything as usual.

Get Rid Get Rid Get Rid

There's nothing wrong with him as a manager - any top team would love to have him. Assuming he goes, as soon as the next manager's honeymoon period is over we'll have people looking back on the Euro 2004 team as being a 'great' England side, and saying 'If only the FA had let him finish what he started'.

Robson... Venables... Even Hoddle to a certain extent. Don't you wish they had stayed now? One of the papers that was instrumental in forcing Robson out is even championing him to step in as caretaker!

And as for anyone who suggests the average bloke in the pub could do a better job... GET A GRIP!!!

There's nothing wrong with him as a manager - any top team would love to have him.  Assuming he goes, as soon as the next manager's honeymoon period is over we'll have people looking back on the Euro 2004 team as being a 'great' England side, and saying 'If only the FA had let him finish what he started'.

Robson... Venables... Even Hoddle to a certain extent. Don't you wish they had stayed now? One of the papers that was instrumental in forcing Robson out is even championing him to step in as caretaker!

And as for anyone who suggests the average bloke in the pub could do a better job... GET A GRIP!!!

Ok MK so what does Errikson do that is actually close to warranting £4MILLION a YEAR?!? The previous poster was correct when saying that anybody with the faintest of football knowledge could pick the team - and most would probably come out with roughly the same crop of players!

So all he has to do is go to the likes of Highbury, Old Trafford and Anfield twice a month, have a pint with Tord and talk a bit of footie, go home and ###### the missus (chosen at random of course), and then come out every three months and announce a squad that has practically already been picked for you in the national press! Maybe throw a couple of surprises in there to make you look like you have actually done something that someone else couldn't and there you go. Four million pounds please Mr Palios.

Now this would be bad enough if it was an Englishman. But a Swede. Come on now let's please get a grip. Steve McClaren, Steve Bruce, Alan Curbishley, Glen Hoddle to name but a few - I don't think ALL of these candidates are top class but at least they are English, they have at least the same talent as Sven, would all surely be interested, AND MOST OF ALL THEY KEEP THEIR MINDS ON THE JOB INSTEAD OF SHOWING THE PLAYERS A BAD EXAMPLE.

Sack the foreign, money-grabbing waste of space.

Edited by ihateburnley

Enjoyed this quote in the Daily Mail from Jeff Powell today: (He's always been fiercely anti Sven's appointment)

"Eriksson has drained more than enough money out of our game already, millions of pounds which would have been better invested in the grass roots of football instead of lining the pockets of those trousers which spend an unseemly amount of time around his ankles."

Personally given the players he's had at his disposal I think Sven has done OK but no better no worse. Whether he's worth £4m p.a. is another matter altogether.

Enjoyed this quote in the Daily Mail from Jeff Powell today: (He's always been fiercely anti Sven's appointment).

Actually no he hasn't. Jeff Powell was anti-Sven when he was appointed on the basis that he wasn't English. He came out with the comment that what can this country of skiers who spend half their time in darkness teach us about football. Typical Daily Mail really.

However when Sven got some good results he changed and seemed to forget everything he had previously written. It seems he has now done another u-turn.

The FA won't sack Sven because they can't afford to. If, as he says, he hasn't lied about an affair they can't do anything about him. If they want to get rid because of football reasons fair enough but this stuff is just nonsense.

What do you make of it all?

I can remember ABBEY particularly feeling strongly about Eriksson

my feelings have not changed one iota,some may remember my views on here after his appointment ,I really have no time for him.He is a fraud and a slimy underhand tosspot who cant be trusted.

On a footballing note anyone who can pick david james as the best goalie in england doesnt deserve 4m a year,he bottles subsistuations and worst of all he picks emile heskey and he pooped on rovers/jack walker AND HE ISNT ENGLISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HES TAKEN US FROM WORLD CUP CONTENDERS TO 8TH IN EUROPE.....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.