SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Arsenal 3 Rovers 0

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talk about defeatist !

That was a shocking result against a very under strength Arsenal.

We should be able to at least compete against a side with Reyes Viera Llungberg and Campbell missing and with Pennant Cygan and a 17 yr old kid (as good as he maybe) in the side.

Another below par performance.

Talk about defeatist !

We should be able to at least compete against a side with Reyes Viera Llungberg and Campbell missing and with Pennant Cygan and a 17 yr old kid (as good as he maybe) in the side.

What a load of rubbish. Yes they had a 17 year old lad on but the other players that came in are ace.

Judge Rovers AFTER the Newcastle game and not before.

I can't believe your feeling good all about fantasy football. Rovers are getting stuffed!!!

you wanna get round here if you think im laughing about it or feeling good,

it hurts mate, trust me, fantasy footy points are just light relief

thank god that im off work till tuesday so the 2 gooners there should have forgot about it.

Talk about defeatist !

yeah, i would hate to play them full strength, Vieira, Campell Reyes, Edu, Lungberg in the team from the start.

at least our main vivals this season West Brom and Norwich have not got too far away at the moment which is good.

No, it just doesn't work vs Arsenal.

As I expected, they came out firing in the 2nd half, and didn't matter how hard we tried we just weren't good enough to stop them. Henry's first goal was our fault though - two defenders couldn't keep up with him. Their second was bad marking as well. 3rd one - Brad produced a brilliant save vs Henry, but we couldn't get it out and Reyes got an easy goal. Still we tried hard, but unfortunately that counts for nothing and we have 1 point from 3 games.

And ofcurse the usual incident happened when we had a clear-as-day penalty when Dickov was obviously pushed in the box, but since we're Blackburn Rovers we didn't get it. It's getting pointless even protesting now.

SOUNESS DO SOMETHING !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Blue and White

We were always going to lose.

So I'm not angry about the performance but once again I find myself seething at Souness for his team selection. Why won't the man show a bit of humility and accept that Matteo is a CENTRE BACK?

I don't care who plays there instead of him - Flitcroft, Douglas, Donnelly, Danns - but someone who can play central midfield is what I expect. I love Tugay but at his age he can't compete for 90 mins in a Prem match SO we really need someone energetic alongside him if he's going to play. I.e NOT MATTEO.

First half performance was quite good but why is Paul Gallagher not on the bench at least?

Edited by rover6

thought we did well in the first half, but arsenal just outclassed us totally in the 2nd.

pluses - at least friedal looked to be in some sort of form

- matteo is NO midfielder. i think most people can see it now. hope souness sees it as well.

- de pedro looked useful in his cameo appearance

- johanson looked pretty solid for 70% of the match...

negatives - the right side was all wrong. emerton was quite honestly awful. he showed that he can go past players... but he can't do anything else. what happened to the emerton we thought be bought? as for neill... made a few good challenges early on but faded away... and then gave away a needless corner which lead to their second goal. after his very verbal abuse of the linesman, he was very lucky to stay on. that said, it was never a foul.

- stead. i risk being lambasted but still, i feel that with the surprise element gone this season, he is being found out.

- refereeing. abysmal. if the above neill challenge was a foul, why wasnt toure's challenge on dickov punished? and what must arsenal do to get carded? toure should have been carded early on for that deliberate challenge on short but wasnt. and emerton and neill were carded for very petty challenges in my opinion.

baffling - why is gallacher nowhere near the first team? i'd have favoured him coming on instead of yorke. yorke quite frankly, did nothing. he ran, he chased a little, but wasted the ball everytime he got it. once, he got it in the centre circle, could have released emerton, but didnt and got tackled.

- what's happened to amoruso? is he injured? is he dropped? did he have a bust up with souness?

- why is matteo playing in midfield? he doesnt look comfortable playing in midfield, and to me, he doesnt have the necessary guile to play there. face it, matteo is a brute. stick him in defence and he may be of some use. playing in midfield, he's just a fiercer looking version of flitcroft, offering nothing more. in fact, i think flitcroft is more mobile than matteo anyway.

finally, rant over. bring on manure.

At what point in the game was the penalty shout?

I am not really expecting anymore points on the board until after the Newcastle game so we have two more defeats on the trot to come.

Edited by USABlue

Talk about defeatist !

What a load of rubbish. Yes they had a 17 year old lad on but the other players that came in are ace.

What crap do you spout ?

Cygan and Pennant are ace !!!??

A good team would have give them a game.

It was below par, simple as that.

baffling - why is gallacher nowhere near the first team? i'd have favoured him coming on instead of yorke. yorke quite frankly, did nothing. he ran, he chased a little, but wasted the ball everytime he got it. once, he got it in the centre circle, could have released emerton, but didnt and got tackled.

Very worrying that home-grown players aren't given more of a chance.

I've heard whisperings that there's been a bust-up between Gally and Souness - any truth?

Matteo is useless in midfield. Awful distribution, and it was his horrible backpass that resulted in their third goal. And the one thing he should be able to do there, winning tackles and regaining possession, he's even worse at doing. Gresko didn't achieve much, Tugay should've played higher up the pitch IMO and Emerton was decent IMO but he should cross earlier. Stead didn't do much, but then again none of the forwards got much service and they did what they could with what they got.

I don't know what's up with our defense, huge gaps everywhere. That could perhaps be excused vs Arsenal, but it was the same thing vs WBA and Soton.

Anyway, I think that with no Matteo in midfield, Amo at the back (Has more presence, makes a bigger impact) and a fit De Pedro or MGP on the left, and with Thommo on the right we'll be a better team.

Talk about defeatist !

What crap do you spout ?

Cygan and Pennant are ace !!!??

A good team would have give them a game.

It was below par, simple as that.

So, a good team would have give them a game hmmmmmm. So all this time going unbeat (including games where Cygan and Pennent had played) your saying that there hasnt been a good team who has played them.

I love rovers as much as anyone but we had no chance of holding them tonight.

And besides, Wed nights are my nights for spouting crap so leave me alone tongue.gif

Edited by Cocker

Very worrying that home-grown players aren't given more of a chance.

I've heard whisperings that there's been a bust-up between Gally and Souness - any truth?

i have no idea... i certainly hope not. really thought that gally could have got cygan into a bit of trouble had he played. his pace and trickery could at least have worked the arsenal defence a little more. hope its not another dunny incident. sigh.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.