BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Arsenal 3 Rovers 0

Very worrying that home-grown players aren't given more of a chance.

I've heard whisperings that there's been a bust-up between Gally and Souness - any truth?

If thats the case than I rather see Souness leave, I've had more than enough with good players leaving the club because they dont get along with Graeme!

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Less said about the ref the better but, thats 3 games 3 bad refs!

Hey are you writing the script for Souness.

Gotta agree there alan. I havnt even seen the arsenal game and the ref may have been shocking, but I bet the whole of soueys post match interview will be about the ref and the penalty decision. Face it-we aint gonna get a penalty. Come on souey tell it like it was.

I've heard whisperings that there's been a bust-up between Gally and Souness - any truth?

If thats the case than I rather see Souness leave, I've had more than enough with good players leaving the club because they dont get along with Graeme!

If you remember last season when asked about Stead vs Gally he said something about Gally perhaps having a big head on his shoulders, or words to that effect. It is interesting that Gally has not featured much since that time.

Obviously something has happened cos Gally has become almost a forgotten man, he can be so good when he comes on too.

Remind me again who those GOOD players were.

We're sh!t, Arsenal are good. It's really as simple as that.

Actually it's not that simple. The first half was very even mainly because we played a side resembling a decent one. We didn't take our chances and then got punished firstly by some good Arsenal play and then by some crap defending.

Then we were embarrasing because we played with central midfield of Matteo & Gresko and we just gave up.

oh yes and Emerton has a heart the size of a pea.

We have the basis of a sound side run by d1ckheads who have no idea what they are doing.

Yes I've had a few whilst watching it in the pub, yes i'm annoyed that we rolled over in the second half and quite honestly yes I hold my hands up and say that i'm not exactly teetering on the edge of the Souness out camp rather i'm plummeting.

If we line up or play like that on Saturday then I will be thrown out.

playing Matteo in midfield is really starting to ###### me off, i really feel like screaming a Souness, he showing the intelligence of Roy Hodgson at the times, i'm liking Souness less and less as time goes on and just hope that he sorts things, Souness seems to be mentally scared by last season failure it effecting his tactics and decision making

Edited by chris

We're sh!t, Arsenal are good.  It's really as simple as that.

Actually it's not that simple. The first half was very even mainly because we played a side resembling a decent one. We didn't take our chances and then got punished firstly by some good Arsenal play and then by some crap defending.

Then we were embarrasing because we played with central midfield of Matteo & Gresko and we just gave up.

oh yes and Emerton has a heart the size of a pea.

We have the basis of a sound side run by d1ckheads who have no idea what they are doing.

Yes I've had a few whilst watching it in the pub, yes i'm annoyed that we rolled over in the second half and quite honestly yes I hold my hands up and say that i'm not exactly teetering on the edge of the Souness out camp rather i'm plummeting.

If we line up or play like that on Saturday then I will be thrown out.

Nice to see you've seen the light.

If you remember last season when asked about Stead vs Gally he said something about Gally perhaps having a big head on his shoulders, or words to that effect. It is interesting that Gally has not featured much since that time.

Obviously something has happened cos Gally has become almost a forgotten man, he can be so good when he comes on too.

Big head or not, he always run alot and did everything for the team when he was on the pitch...

I cant help it, but I feel I'm starting to dislike Souness more and more for every day that goes by.. mad.gif

Remind me again who those GOOD players were.

Dunn

Duff

Cole

Todd - not a star but a hell of alot better than Johansson

Man United couldn't live with them, Everton got taken apart, Middlesbrough spent money on established, quality internationals and were trounced. I didn't expect us to do any better to be honest, but at least we gave as good as we got in the first half (why do we only seem to play well in different halves?).

Arsenal are just different class to anyone else we'll face in the Premiership with a wealth of quality at their disposal and a freshly-made unbeaten record. Again, Souness' tactic seems to have been to stifle Arsenal with defenders/defensive midfielders and it worked fine till we went behind then we just fell apart, as so many clubs have when facing them.

I keep supporting Souness, but I'm also getting fed up of having Gresko and Matteo in midfield. Maybe against Man Utd we'll see a 'proper' team ph34r.gif

We need some points, and soon!

...Emerton was decent IMO but he should cross earlier...

He just can't win, now can he?

People has been nagging 24/7 about him not challenging one-on-one from midfield, and when he does his crosses doesn't come early enough?

I thought Emerton had a great 1st half for Rovers, he really used his pace and was the main man behind most of our attacking chances before half time.

Agree about Matteo though, he's a HOPELESS distributor and looked very uncomfortable with the ball in his feet. Tugay wasn't lucky today either, agree with you Lathund about him pushing further up the pitch.

De Pedro sure showed his left foot the few minutes he was on, what a player! Didn't do anything special, but man that left foot of his looks neat..

Friedel looked back to his former self today aswell, good to see him make some saves again. Nissa and Short were good defensively most of the game, but we need to do something about our defence on set pieces!

I still would like to get Amo back... Nice runs from Short though! wink.gif

But get Gamst Pedersen in at left wing, get Ferguson back at centre midfield and Matteo either down to CB or to the bench - and we DO have a chance against the next two teams.

Yorke was also VERY tame today, if that's all he can come up with we'd be better off having Gally on the bench, or Jansen for that matter.. Both Dickov and Stead, perhaps especially Dickov, put a lot of effort in this game. Stead has got some qualities we really need up there, in terms of pace, technique and flair - and Dickov is really the busy little wasp, I love that guy ! rover.gif He really is GREAT with his back against the defenders and is really great at pissing people off without getting booked. Only thing that annoys me about him is the bitching to the referees, it's a bit unnecessary..

But no need to mourn about this game lads, Arsenal is one of the top three teams in the world right now and any team will lose 3-0 against them with the players they've got. And who knows, if Short or Dickov had scored in the 1st half.... rolleyes.giftinykit.gif

EDIT: Duffer had no row with Souness, Krislu !

Edited by herbergeehh

We're sh!t, Arsenal are good. It's really as simple as that.

Precisely.

I wouldn't get too down about this result... realistically, anyone who thought we could anything from the game (other then a point if God was in the miracle-granting mood today) is insane.

On the bright side, Man U (even if Saha returns for Saturday) still don't look 100%, and Newcastle looked very vulnerable in a second-half collapse at home to Norwich. So there's a distinct possibility that we could pick up some points from our next two matches.

why? because we lost to Arsenal away?

Get real

No it is because:

- the constant use of excuses, poor ref, ridiculous ref, should have had a penalty, lady luck...always the same crap over and over!

- he is playing players out of position every game, even when we have a full squad. Dont have a clue when it comes to tactics!

- falling out with players all the time and puts is own disagreements above whats best for the club!

There is loads more reasons why I'm starting to dislike the man, but everyting has been said and discussed before...

...Emerton was decent IMO but he should cross earlier...

He just can't win, now can he?

People has been nagging 24/7 about him not challenging one-on-one from midfield, and when he does his crosses doesn't come early enough?

I haven't been whining about him at all. It's just that today he DID go past players on some occasions and had a good chance to cross, but didn't. Or waited until a defender closed him down.

Credit where credit is due, we played well first half, then poorly in the second. Still a game of two halves tho. Like everyone else said, Gresko and Matteo in central midfield? Poo on you Sou! Hadn't expected to get something from the game, but after the 2nd half performance I was left with a bitter taste in the mouth despite the good first half.

Nissa was very good for 75% of the game, Tugay for about the same, Neill decent first 45, Stead and Dickov were ok but both half a pace off the action. Stead because he's not regained his super form of last season yet, Dickov because thats about as good as he gets. Emerton was shocking again. Gresko was poor, despite my high hopes for him playing left mid in the absence of a better alternative. Douglas would have been a much better alternative. Short had a terrible challenge on the edge of the box in the first half but after that was his usual good self, not very good nor was he poor. Friedel was ok, nothing he could have done to stop the goals. Gray was anonymous most of the game, at times getting a bit to far from the opposing player in dangerous situations. I thought Matteo was close to justifying his midfiled role in the first half but he really was terrible in the second half. So not the answer in that position.

I can't understand where Gally is either... Surely he deserves a place in our current midfield?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.