BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Arsenal 3 Rovers 0

Emerton hasn't got any pace!!!!

Do you mean everton???

Because the mighty emmo has pace in bags, its just when you play at right back you can't cut loose going forward or you will not get back! Last season on the right he had pace in abundance!

Wow good on on rovers! 0-1 or 1-2 is worth a go!

Edited by modes98

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Emerton hasn't got any pace!!!!

Do you mean everton???

Because the mighty emmo has pace in bags, its just when you play at right back you can't cut loose going forward or you will not get back! Last season on the right he had pace in abundance!

I'd like him to bring those bags to the game next time and use them to get past people.

NO!!!

Jason regularly got past people and put crosses in which, more often than not:

a) Didn't go out of play behind the goal; and/or

cool.gif Went over the first man; and/or

c) Didn't go over the last man

When you think we used to call Wilcox (I didn't), but some people are actually tolerant of the dross performances week after week from our current "winger"!!

What's worse is there's a ***** great transfer of him on Barclays window on Fleet Street which I have to look at if I go out of the office to lunch.

"It's a record that I thought would never be broken in my lifetime" said Cloughy recently about his Forest side's 42 match unbeaten run in the late 70's.

Let's face it, despite Rovers beating Arsenal 2-1 at Highbury two seasons ago, and indeed doing the 'double' over them in 2002-03, it's going to be an absolute miracle if the Gunners don't break the unbeaten record tomorrow night.

I'm just hoping we don't get totally stuffed, because at the moment Arsenal are on a different planet going forward. A complete antithesis of the George Graham's dour days in charge of "One nil to the Arsenal."

Meanwhile, sources at both Highbury and the Bernabeu have confirmed informally that a pre-contract arrangement to start up the amusing annual "Vieira to Real Madrid" rumour mill at the beginning of next year is already near to being completed.

As soon as a spin doctor has confirmed that the narrative will be believable enough to trick the gullible one more time, it will be signed.

Although exact details of the agreement have yet to be released the main points of the deal are understood to be:

In January, an unnamed team mate will tell the press "Patrick has never been happier at the club", leading to speculation that Vieira is in fact deeply unhappy at Arsenal and is keen to move to Real Madrid in the summer.

In February, Vieira will be omitted from Arsenal's FA Cup 4th round tie against Darlington on the flimsy grounds of injury, leading to massive press speculation that Vieira will be desperate to join Madrid in the summer.

In March, Zinedine Zidane will tell a L'Equipe press reporter that "we always want the best players in the world", leading to increased speculation that Vieira is deeply despondent at Arsenal and will be joining Madrid in the summer.

In April, following the substitution of Vieira in the 78th minute of a home game that Arsenal are barely winning 5-0, a television picture of the French midfielder will appear to show him momentarily shaking his head at Wenger when leaving the pitch. An Arsenal press spokesman will later deny that there is any rift between the pair, leading to fevered press speculation that Vieira is in fact hugely miserable at Arsenal and is anxious to depart for Spain.

In May, Vieira will be spotted at Heathrow Airport standing no more than fifty feet from a departures screen with a flight to Madrid showing on it - albeit actually waiting in a queue for a plane for Paris. He will decline to answer questions from a journalist at the airport leading to further press speculation that Vieira is deeply unhappy at Arsenal and determined to join Real Madrid.

In June, the Spanish newspaper Marca will quote Real Madrid club president Perez as stating something along the lines of "We have identified our main target for signing this year", leading to tabloid stories that Vieira is intensely depressed at Arsenal and has already signed a deal with Madrid.

In July, a grainy photograph of Vieira on holiday in the south of France will be published in the tabloid press with the headline "Only 100 Miles From Spain - What The Hell Is Senor Patrick Up To?" leading to fevered speculation that Vieira is acutely sad and lonely at Arsenal and is desperate to join his friend Zidane in Madrid.

In August, just days before the start of the season, Vieira will announce that he is staying at Highbury because "I love the club", which a fortnight later will lead to comment that Vieira is actually unhappy at Arsenal and will be leaving the club during the January transfer window.

Fantastic stuff again AESF, tell me are all your 1000 posts like that? smile.gif

Not sure whether this have been mentioned, but Vieira, Campbell and Edu are still unfit and will therefore not play us.

Is Pascal Cygan a possible matchwinner for us? Like Bramble for Newcastle, Silvestre for United and Ian Walker for any team that'll want him?

I can just picture it, Arsenal are put under pressure while passing between themselves in the back four, and just as Cygan gets the ball, Dickov is there with a angry look on his face. Cygan tries to cross it to Lauren, but Stead gets to it and has only Jens Psycho Lehmann to beat. wink.gif

Not really that glad about Vieira not playing, seems like Cesc Fabregas isn't exactly the weak link either. The only way we can beat them is by doing some crunching tackles early in the game and take them physically. Too bad Barry is suspended! sad.gif

See that van Persie is also added to the provisional squad to face us, that's bad news. He's been brilliant in the friendlies and I can picture that headline aswell - "Dream debut for van Persie as Souness fumes over penalty decisions" sad.gif

Who's the ref anyway, and what has this one got against us ?

Edited by herbergeehh

Yes, we will probably lose. But hey, we know this already so there is no point getting all disappointed if we do. Lets just go to the game and make one hell of a noise, if nothing else. Singing when we are a coupla goals down, will show the highbury Library what being a real football fan is all about.

3-1 to the Arsenal, but for us play ok and not disgrace ourselves.

This is probably one of the only times I can't bring myself to predict a Rovers win and I'm usually stupidly optismistic (or just plain stupid).

To come away from Highbury with 1 point would be a brilliant result - 3 points would be an absolute dream, but sadly I just can't see even the former happening. Arsenal are a football team a class apart from anyone else at the moment and we've got to face them bang on form in front of a home crowd on the night they can rewrite the history books.....

The scary thing is, we could play really well and have a good go at them (like 'Boro did), but even then, if Arsenal turn it on and decide that they would like to set their record with a thumping win after all, we could still be well beaten.

Remember this clip from one of the greatest films ever (Rocky III)?

(Clubber Lang in a TV interview before his fight with Balboa)

Interviewer : What's your prediction for the fight?

Clubber Lang : My prediction? Pain.

(before throwing the meanest MrT stare at the camera).

That's probably gonna be Wenger tomorrow night before kick-off, if asked a similar question by the media.

Let's just hope Souness can get the players fired up and that we can finish the match with a bit of pride, even if we take a good hiding.

I've sent them an email pointing out their error - in a very nice way of course wink.gif

I did too (about buying the title, my usual "it was only £18m" response) and received this very friendly reply:

Nice one mate, apologies for any offence. My previews take me about 5  minutes to write and the research I put in is immense - i.e. i don't do any,  I just make it up as I go along as you can probably tell...!

Very surprised by your spending summary though, amazing how the memories  from back then have been so addled by Stella and Jack Daniels...!

Thanks for you mail, and good luck for the rest of the season (apart from

tomorrow night of course!)

Ian.

So, at least there is another small corner of the globe put to right

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.