BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Arsenal 3 Rovers 0

Not a good feeling about this one given Arse's awesome start.

Depends much on Souness again what formation do we see is anyones guess.

Damage limitation I'm afraid.

Having said that it Rovers were talking about so I'll go for Arsenal 2 Rovers 3.

wink.gif

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good bunch of support on here then. So no1 expects us to pick anything up so how about we get behind the lads and hope they pull off a shock win. We all know we usually play better against the better teams and Souey has said they are in a mood to spoil Arsenal's party. Also the weather is crap and that wont suit the skills of henry and Reyes.

Come on Rovers.

I'll go with that Hughesy, although I think people are just being realistic.

Scrappy game with no goals. The ref will give us a dodgy penalty in the dying seconds. Rovers fans are in disbelief that we've actually been awarded a penalty. Up steps Freidel to blast the ball onto the bar, which then rebounds all the way to our goal into an empty net.

Final score 1-0 to the Arse.

Rovers fans never want a penalty again.

If i was Souey id play Amo and Matteo at the centre of defence and Flitty in the middle with Tugs. Emerton on the right and Gresko on the left.

Id then play Stead and Dickov ufront.

I feel that these players could battle with Arsenal and if we can get stuck in then it may put a bit of wind up Arsenal as they have no Viera or Campbell to battle it out for them.

We should go and try solid with no real intention to attack, unless of course its on the break.

Get stuck in and try to keep the ball, thats the way to beat Arsenal

Edited by Hughesy

Good bunch of support on here then. So no1 expects us to pick anything up so how about we get behind the lads and hope they pull off a shock win.

Hughesy!! We're 10/1 to get a win for heavens sake. They've not lost in 42 games. Did you see them on Sunday against 'Boro? 3-1 down and then they just stepped up a couple of gears to score four without breaking sweat.

Only a lunatic (and West Aussie) would predict a win for us. If an Arsenal fan came on this messageboard and saw that we'd all forecast away wins he'd be entitled to think that he'd actually logged onto www.roversfansonacid.com

For what it's worth I'm going to put a few quid on us - but I really can't see us doing it.

So your going put a few pound on us to win yet you say it would take a lunatic to back us? Speaks volumes.

I couldn’t care how many games they have gone unbeaten or what odds we are to win. Iv backed horses before now at 40/1 that have won.

£10 Treble on Blackburn, Man United and Newcastle to win.

At least Wenger is aware that we have the qualities to win, unlike some rovers fans

Arsene Wenger insists he is focused only on getting a good result against Blackburn and not setting a new league record of 43 matches unbeaten.

He said: "I ignore records. We know that any game we can win, lose or draw.

"And we know that Blackburn have given us some very tough games in the past and are capable of stopping this run.

"Blackburn have had their ups and downs against us over recent years, but last year we struggled to beat them because they played really well."

Source - BBC Sport

So your going put a few pound on us to win yet you say it would take a lunatic to back us? Speaks volumes.

Ha! Ha! Very good! Ha! Wibble. Ziiiip. Baa!! Mooo.

Bob, that's the first post of yours that has ever made sense.

laugh.gif

Right, in the clod light of day i have changed my mind. I'm so confident i've put £10 on Rovers to win tonight.

Maybe i do waste my money blink.gif

And he's putting a fiver on Rovers for me!!

I've worn the lucky Friedel jersey to work, under my work clothes, we will win!!

Rovers.co.uk:

ARSENAL: Lehmann, Lauren, Toure, Cygan, Cole, Pires, Fabregas, Gilberto, Pennant, Bergkamp, Henry. Subs: Ljungberg, Reyes, Flamini, Almunia, Hoyte.

ROV ERS: Friedel, Neill, Short, Johansson, Gray, Emerton, Tugay, Matteo, Gresko, Stead, Dickov. Subs: Amoruso, Flitcroft, De Pedro, Enckelman, Yorke

As expected IMO..

as long as it is Matteo that sits it is ok, this will serve two purposes: 1: keep Toogs away from our goal where he can give the ball away, 2: he can create things! One slight problem with my theory however is that no matter where you give the ball away against the arse they can score, come on Rovers, Pedersen is good news (as long as no-one comes in and nicks him from under our noses) let's beat the arse and then tonight will be a quality night round the great town of B'burn!

I'm assuming it's going to be like...

Friedel

Neill Short Johnasson Gray

Emerton Tugay Matteo Gresko

Stead Dickov

If it is then that's easily the best line-up we've put out this season, or pre-season come to think of it. Looks nicely balanced and we should have decent width...I'm a bit more optimistic now.

Arsenal to only score 5.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.