SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Manager is Mark Hughes

3rdpillar

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Information I have is that of the 20 applicants there are at least 3 from current Premiership managers.

Good source from inside the club too.

lets see...Wenger, Mourinho and Ferguson?

to me id say either Hughes, Strachan or even Houllier because he could attract decent players to the club

Information I have is that of the 20 applicants there are at least 3 from current Premiership managers.

Well Williams himself stated in the LET that a number of the applicants are already employed in top jobs so I guess it makes sense.

Wonder who the 3 could be though?!?

- Worthington

- Redknapp

- Dowie

Actually ###### it could be anyone bar the ones who are obviously out of our league.

I wonder which current Premiership managers could be interested in the job, My guess would be;

Redknapp (big fall out with manderic in the Summer)

Dowie (bigger club than Palace....just)

Curbs (just dreaming)

plus

Worthington

Moyes

Megson

all at clubs which have been tipped for relegation.

Interesting. Well, they're not going to be Ferguson, Wenger, Mourinho, Bruce, Souness, O'Leary, McLaren, Wigley, Keegan, SteBenetiz or Santini.

So that leaves 3 from Allardyce, Moyes, Worthington, Curbishley, Megson, Dowie, Coleman or Redknapp. Most of those would be ok by me.

Edited by Scotty

SteBenetiz

It's cheap - but funny laugh.gif

Moyes perhaps? Can't be too happy with events at Everton after all.

Moyes was in O' Neils on sunday, the day after Souey went up to talk to Newcastle.

If you remember he also said if Rooney is sold then he would go

Advocaat won the Treble in his first season at Rangers and the Double in his second. They failed to win anything in his third and he left midway through his fourth. Hardly a complete disaster by any stretch.

Although he did pay £12m for Tore Andre Flo ph34r.gif

Edited by Tugay4England

Advocaat is a complete and utter dick and I don't know a hun who has a good word to say about him. Come on Rovers don't cause me any more embarrasment. What with Souness, Tugay, Amoruso & Ferguson we're already getting a reputation for being the wee huns up here but Advocaat..... thats taking it a bit too far. By the way, he was crap as Holland manager as well as you would have seen in the summer.

Its got to be Strachan, and if not then Mark Hughes.

Redknapp (big fall out with manderic in the Summer)

Ricky I was thinking the same last night

I think it depends on how you iinterpret what is being said - especially from JW and TP - JW has said if they are already in a job that they will have to consider the compensation/contarct etc - TP has come out saying the person who will be appointed his high profile but not in a job at the moment mmmm....

I also have the feeling the name could be one out of the blue that has only been mentioned briefly or not at all.

Just a couple more to throw in the ring which one I think Jan only touched on - more in jest really - and that is Terry Butcher.

The other a combination - Dennis Wise and Ray Wilkins - Wise has been slating the board at Millwall and hasn't done too bad a job - wouldn't want it myself - but as I said above - it will probably come out of the blue and be a big surprise.

But then again its only speculation dry.gif

I think Redknapp would be a superb choice.

I always thought he did a superb job at West Ham on a very small budget. His role in bringing on young players is there for all to see, and he would be someone who IMO could get the most out of the academy.

I was gobsmacked when he was fired by West Ham, and always felt that the West Ham board were suffering delusions of grandeur.

His efforts with Portsmouth show he has developed a decent eye for a transfer as well....

... something that he often lacked whilst in charge of the Hammers.

Having said that... people who know more about this than I say he would be almost impossible to lure north due his family committments down south.

Hello people . I'm not here to wind anyone up , just to offer my perpective from a Palace point of view .

Regarding Dowie , he is not under contract at the moment and he still hasn't signed a four year contract although the offer has been on the table for a while now . His family live in your part of the world and he has stated on several occasions how hard he has found this even though he has said he will not relocate them because he doesn't want there lives disrupted .

On top of this something very strange happened in the reserve game against Chartlon last night , where he walked of the pitch at the end looking downwards and refusing to acknowledge the Palace fans which is a first as far as i know . Theres also been an ( unconfirmed ) rumour that his agent has let it be known he is avaliable .

Of course all of this is just speculation at the moment and as a Palace fan i would be devastated if he left so i hope it is untrue ...If he does go to your lot though you would have got yourself a superb man manager , after all he took us from relegation fodder to premiership in 5 months with only two loan signings .