BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Manager is Mark Hughes

3rdpillar

Just out off interest - did nobody else pick up on the comment from JW yesterday re the applications - it came across that it would appear they already had them before Souness's resignation - very strange don't you think?

It did occur to me - quite how you would receive 20 postal applications for a job on the same day as it becomes available is beyond me.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why you shouldn't wish for Strachan

Alan Hansen is quite good on TV - doesn't make him a good manager. Who gives a flying fart if Strachan is humorous or comes up with memorable one-liners (Souey was more than capable at that).

I want a manager who'll motivate the team, get results and play good football.

Mark Hughes comes across as a complete dullard in interviews - but it's his management that's important not his blimin' TV persona.

Peter Taylor absolutely ruined Leicester, bought a load of old crap, used appalling tactics and watched them sink out of sight!

No way!

agreed, No way Peter Taylor.

And Dario Gradi has never worked with big players like we have and has no premiership experience.

I know i am on my own on this, but I would like to see George Graham as manager.

He would fix our defensive problems and he has done really well at every club he has managed.

Why you shouldn't wish for Strachan

Alan Hansen is quite good on TV - doesn't make him a good manager. Who gives a flying fart if Strachan is humorous or comes up with memorable one-liners (Souey was more than capable at that).

I want a manager who'll motivate the team, get results and play good football.

Mark Hughes comes across as a complete dullard in interviews - but it's his management that's important not his blimin' TV persona.

Is he Souness in disguise!

Nobody has mentioned David Platt yet ? If (as has been stated earlier) JW and the board are looking for an up and coming manager maybe he is the one .

ps- not saying he is my choice but people who know him say his training methods are very good and he like to use youth .

.. and his record with Forest and the u-21s is not very impressive.

no premiership experience.

Nor did Dowie or Mourinho before now.

You don't need Premiership experience, just like Stead didn't, to perform. You need talent.

David Platt? Deserves as much consideration as Carlton Palmer. Nope, unless we want to waterfall down the leagues.

Edited by rover6

With regards to the betfair situation, when looking at the market click on the name of the manager to get a graph on how much money has been traded on each manager and at what price. Now I've not looked since this morning (banned at work mad.gif ) but compare the amount of money on Dick Advocat to the amount of money on Mark Hughes and Strachan. If people with inside knowledge of Advocats' appointment did know anything then they are hardly getting stuck in are they.

If the next Newcastle manager market is still available to view look at the graph for Souness. Ignore the looky sod who had £3 on at 1000/1 for a moment. When his price started to crash multiple bets of well over a grand were placed. By early yesterday morning bets of around £20,000 were piling on Souness albeit at small odds.

One report in a Newspaper or on a trustworthy site could bring people to put there fivers and tenners on any one manager. Apart from the top few there is not an awful lot of money around trying to lay the so called outsiders. This means that if 60 people put a tenner on on the basis of one Newspaper report then £600 has been chucked on and the price could drop quite rapidly giving the 66/1 into 25/1 syndrome. It very rarely means anything until significant bets are being layed.

Edited by Hasta

You don't need Premiership experience, just like Stead didn't, to perform. You need talent.

David Platt? Deserves as much consideration as Carlton Palmer. Nope, unless we want to waterfall down the leagues.

Listen Sturrock boy, your undisguised love for the bacon and egg munching former manager of Southampton renders your view on the next incumbent at Ewood null and void. Zip it. "You need talent" HA

We are trying not to let any personal points of view play a part at this stage. We are very much keeping an open mind

thats what JW has said.

Does he mean Hoddle??

Also must add, I believe a local radio in either London or Blackburn are saying that Alan Curbishley is in talks with rovers. We are offering him a lot of money.

Edited by greggyk

Listen Sturrock boy, your undisguised love for the bacon and egg munching former manager of Southampton renders your view on the next incumbent at Ewood null and void. Zip it. "You need talent" HA

Wait a minute, how many games did Sturrock get at Southampton? 13 was it? Won 5 Lost 6.

At least I was able to highlight an up and coming manager that was ready for a bigger challenge. Ok, it didn't work out at Soton but it was hardly a absolute failure, in fact, you can't judge him on such a meagre number of matches.

You stick to sitting on the fence and mocking people who have the fortitude and intelligence to pass a considered opinion. It only makes you look stupid.

I'm happy to wait and see who JW and the board decide is right for Rovers....except I shall have a real problem supporting Glenn Hoddle if he were ever to come to Ewod Park.

I'd just like to make that clear to the Rovers from the start!

With regards to the betfair situation, when looking at the market click on the name of the manager to get a graph on how much money has been traded on each manager and at what price. Now I've not looked since this morning (banned at work mad.gif ) but compare the amount of money on Dick Advocat to the amount of money on Mark Hughes and Strachan. If people with inside knowledge of Advocats' appointment did know anything then they are hardly getting stuck in are they.

If the next Newcastle manager market is still available to view look at the graph for Souness. Ignore the looky sod who had £3 on at 1000/1 for a moment. When his price started to crash multiple bets of well over a grand were placed. By early yesterday morning bets of around £20,000 were piling on Souness albeit at small odds.

One report in a Newspaper or on a trustworthy site could bring people to put there fivers and tenners on any one manager. Apart from the top few there is not an awful lot of money around trying to lay the so called outsiders. This means that if 60 people put a tenner on on the basis of one Newspaper report then £600 has been chucked on and the price could drop quite rapidly giving the 66/1 into 25/1 syndrome. It very rarely means anything until significant bets are being layed.

Advocaat now 8-1.

You can only take what's avaliable, you can't crash in on Advocaat.

Someone is taking every price that becomes available.

With regards to the betfair situation, when looking at the market click on the name of the manager to get a graph on how much money has been traded on each manager and at what price. Now I've not looked since this morning (banned at work  mad.gif  ) but compare the amount of money on Dick Advocat to the amount of money on Mark Hughes and Strachan. If people with inside knowledge of Advocats' appointment did know anything then they are hardly getting stuck in are they.

One report in a Newspaper or on a trustworthy site could bring people to put there fivers and tenners on any one manager. Apart from the top few  there is not an awful lot of money around trying to lay the so called outsiders. This means that if 60 people put a tenner on on the basis of one Newspaper report then £600 has been chucked on and the price could drop quite rapidly giving the 66/1 into 25/1 syndrome. It very rarely means anything until significant bets are being layed.

Advocaat now 8-1.

You can only take what's avaliable, you can't crash in on Advocaat.

Someone is taking every price that becomes available.

Now 6-1 !!!!!!!!1

Personally, and I guess I'll get slated for this from some, I'd go for Joe Royle. He certainly has Premiership experience, has done a good job at Ipswich with minimal resources and has brought on the talents of young players like Bowditch, Bent and Westlake. I could see him doing a good job for us as he has with Ipswich (they lie 3rd in The Championship at the moment).

However, if I remember correctly, at the time he was appointed at Ipswich he said it'd be his last managerial move, so maybe he's off limits. Just a thought.

I'm a bit disappointed to read that JW won't 'seek' managers out but consider the people who have contacted Rovers.

Seems silly really because honest professionals like Hughes are hardly likely to undermine their employers and go to Rovers asking for the job.

Or maybe they will...?