BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Manager is Mark Hughes

3rdpillar

The crisis at coventry was nothing to do with strachen. He was not allowed to keep players who were sold above his head and he had to work with what he was given. He proved his worth as a manager with southampton who are not plush with funds but have been a force in recent times. I for one would be very happy to see him in charge...who knows we might get some decisions. blink.gif

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Strachan would bring a simular aggresiveness to the dressing room, but in a different way to souey. Weather thats beneficial or not, who knows, but I think he could be a star at getting players like Emo and Jansen firinf on all cylinders (although, i still doubt Jansen will ever be to what he was). Still prefer Hughes/Newell combo idea.

Since most of the players mentioned are presumably on lengthy contracts - Ferguson, Stead, etc, if Souness does come a-courtin' in January, Newcastle will be paying big bucks, which would give our new man the chance to buy too.

John Williams has said an ideal candidate will be young and experienced (?).

Does Strachan count as young?

Hughes certainly does.

Whatever, we need top quality coaches first and foremost.

The crisis at coventry was nothing to do with strachen. He was not allowed to keep players who were sold above his head and he had to work with what he was given. He proved his worth as a manager with southampton who are not plush with funds but have been a force in recent times. I for one would be very happy to see him in charge...who knows we might get some decisions. blink.gif

First point, sort of like here.

Second point Saints a force? they had one good seaon didn't they.

Saints a force? they had one good seaon didn't they.

yeah, under Strachan. Lets face it, when he inherited Soton, while being good, it wasnt GS style (hhmm, this could get confusing, with the ginger scot having the same initials). When he improved the side, and moulded it to his liking, he got a decent prem finish, and an fa cup final, and europe. Level pegging i think with rovers WC winning year (we wernt playing Arsenal in the final, lets face it). Anyone with a recent record in the prem like that has got to be considered.

Strachan LOVES Brad Friedel, maybe that'll help?

"Superman" was the expression he used methinks, two years ago - in both encounters between Rovers and Saints.

I would love to see Strachan come, but can anyone tell me whether he's good at pushing talents through? We DO have some exciting youngsters, I'd hate to see a manager without good skills in that department to come in. Glenn Hoddle? No freaking way, he's probably the one manager I really HATE - who else can use Anderton both for England and for Spurs???

They always say never look back in football but wouldn't Kenny’s return be a real shot in the arm for supporters? I'd guess another 2500 on the gates to start with but surely just a pipe dream.

Newell would be a disaster as far as I’m concerned and his 'troubles' at Hartlepool would surely rule him out of the running.

Hughes would be a decent shout but lacks Premiership experience and wouldn't give up his job with the Welsh national side.

So only one man for the job then......Strachan. Proven premiership manager and all the attributes to continue the good work his fellow Scot Souness put in at Ewood.

Penny for John Willams thoughts right now smile.gif

Looking at that list of available managers, how about Carlton Palmer?

He has good knowledge of the premiership and must have experienced many different stratergies and tactics at all of the different clubs that he has been at. H ewill also obviously be keen and available cheaply

His managerial experience at Stockport County can't damage his credentials too much?

He has good knowledge of the premiership and must have experienced many different stratergies and tactics at all of the different clubs that he has been at. H ewill also obviously be keen and available cheaply

His managerial experience at Stockport County can't damage his credentials too much?

be careful how much you inject!!!!your close to overdosing!

That post is exactly the reason i tend not to come on this site anymore ph34r.gif

Wee wee taker or not!