BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Manager is Mark Hughes

3rdpillar

I agree with you Rich - I've yet to read a convincing argument why Houllier would be a disaster for Rovers.

His record at Liverpool; all the money he wasted ; his style of football ; his overall paranoid personality . There would be much wailing and gnashing of teeth in my circle of friends if he gets the job .

Methinks Rich needs to see a certain Dr.... wink.gifsmile.gif

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Rovers were to go for our ex idol who would agree with the move and who would not?

I would love him to come back, with either king Kenny or Hughes over him. That would be a dream come true

Don't be stupid!!! wink.gif

Edited by rik

His record at Liverpool; all the money he wasted ; his style of football ; his overall paranoid personality . There would be much wailing and gnashing of teeth in my circle of friends if he gets the job .

Well maybe - although he did win plenty of trophies with Liverpool, so his record wasn't all that bad. He did buy some shockers though. And as for paranoid managers - only RFW himself is more paranoid than Mr. Souness??

biggrin.gif

Methinks Rich needs to see a certain Dr.... wink.gif  smile.gif

I think by and large his record at liverpool was good, in fact i'd give my left arm to have the same record at ewood.

The money he wasted, well, i've got no come back on that one, true he did by some big lumps.

As for his overall parnoid personallity, i am not sure where i stand on that, you always heard his talk about "his boys" and the team, i think he really did forge a strong ethic at liverpool of everyone fighting for each other. I respected that.

as for paraniod... well, maybe, but to behonest i dont recall him ever gassing on about "lady luck". and if i ever hear about this lady again, it will be to soon.

heh wink.gif by the way anyone got a doctors phone number? tongue.gif

Rich smile.gif

Edited by Rich

if newelly got the job, then he would be a very very popular choice as far as the fans would be concerned. however....his lack of experiance at the top flight level might be the deciding factor. mr strachan....not sure about this one. all i want is somebody to use common sense i.e. the right formation, the right positions etc etc....and we will win games.

Doubt it would happen but Sam Allardyce definitely has a soft spot for the Rovers.

I would hope the Rovers at least put out some feelers in that direction.

Still sticking with Troussier or Hitzfeld if we go foreign but I am not as anti-Houllier as some.

Newell is interesting but remember it was the Hartlepool fans who were shouting "you don't know what you are doing" at him.

Bizarrely, Souness's move to Newcastle does bring back some memories of that Godawful day when Shearer made the same journey. The similarities continue when you think that both men left a club where they had won a trophy for a wealthier club where they would/will win nothing.

The odds must also narrow for Shearer as a possible player-manager for us (perhaps more realisitically at the end of the season) - if Newcastle wanted him in that capacity they wouldnt have appointed Souness, who will surely be on a minimum 2 or 3 yr contract.

I'd love to see Strachan manage us but something tells me this isnt the club he's holding out for to return to management. More likely is Mike Newell. It would be a gamble, but we have to be realistic about who we can get. Just like signing players, we cant expect to attract the best so we have to look for a potential rising star. We could do worse than Newell. But would he offer much more than Tony Parkes? Both men have a proven love for Rovers.

Newell/Parkes to steer us to the end of the season, then Shearer as player/manager.

Do you realy think Blackburn is a big enough club for Mr Houlier?

Yes because he has the clubs cueing up for him doesn't he mad.gif

1. Hughes

2. Strachan

3. Newell

Just for god sake not Houllier please!!!!!!

How about souness we could snatch him away from newcastle?

Edited by modes98