BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Manager is Mark Hughes

3rdpillar

STEVE MCMAHON!

although i can see me being the only person on here saying that so...

Mark Hughes

Paul Jewell

Strachan

Insidently, why all the hate for houllier being appointed. Hes a good manager, was just under intense pressure at liverpool to make them great againl. Could do ok for us.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NOT HOULIER.

Anyone but him.

Surely this tragedy could not happen , despite 5Live already making the Frenchman favourite . Similarly with the crook George Graham - I can't believe this would be the news to bring the crowds back .

All in all , I think a move for the proven Strachan would be the best for the club - especially as we can hardly gamble on a "new". man whilst in our current position in the league .

ok, As long as Houllier doesn't end up in the seat, I'll be reasonably content.

Wish list (no particular order)

Gianluca Vialli

Mark Hughes

Gordon Strachan.

I'd have to agree with most people on the board that Hughes and Strachan are my preffered choices, but Vialli did well at Chelsea IMO, and wa given a hard time at Watford.

Gordon Strachan - although I still feel he's the new Scotland boss

Ottmar Hitzfeld - won't come to Rovers in a thousand years, surely

Paul Sturrock - who my money's on, although I'd rather not

Mark Hughes - my overall favourite, I think he's ready for club management

Gerard Houllier - Not the best choice, but could be worse

David Moyes - soon to be let go by Everton, he's alright I think

Terry Ven...I can't even bring myself to type it.

I don't particularly want him, but the name of Glenn Hoddle - from out of nowhere - just entered my mind. And I could imaginie it chiming nicely in the head of Williams.

I want Strachan. What I definetly don't want is one of the relics like Wilkinson, Venables, etc. Certainly not Houllier as well.

But Hoddle - with God on our side, Eillen Dury to lay her healing hand on Thompson and all our other sick note squad members, who knows what we can achieve.

Apart from relegation

Mike Newell, doing wonders at Luton.

I'm sure Houllier wouldn't want the job. King Kenny? Interesting but i dont think he wants it. Vialli? No. Just No. Bruce? Ha! Birmingham are a better team than us at the moment. Why would he possibly want this job. Strachan? Scotland manager in a few weeks. Sir Booby? Bit old but i'd be happy with the choice. Sturrock? Would install Discipline but unproven.

Unfortunetly this is not a job everyone wants because of our lack of money. And whoever thinks ranieri will leave VALENCIA for Blackburn should start watching more football.

Troussier or Hitzfeld would be a clear statement of intent to get back to winning things.

Strachan would be fun.

Newell, Shearer, Hughes would be a leap in the dark.

Houllier would be a worry.

John Williams makes an impressive case for Blackburn Rovers in the official statement and says he expects an good list of applicants. That gives a clear hint that the club prefers not to poach.

Edited by philipl

Bring back King Kenny.....with Shearer as his number 2 !!!

That is my thinking too, although it is unlikely to happen. I think it might appeal to Shearer though.

Failing that - Strachan is the most likely from those currently out of work.

Neil Warnock of Sheff United. Hard as nails, tactically astute, no messing about. Good with the press. Ambitious but never had the resources to back it up. Give him a go.

Get real!

Warnock's another who falls out with his players - and is disliked by other managers.

I already posted my preferred choice on the Souness goes to Newcastle thread, but I'll repeat it here.

Strachan is my (realistic) choice - he's passionate about the game and his team, he keeps his tactics fairly simple ie plays players in preferred positions and he also ensured that Southampton was one of the fittest groups of players in the Premiership. He is also comfortable in the spotlight of the media.

Hughes is the more likely option - he has managed to get a lot out of a mediocre squad of players, he has a link to the club, would probably fit the wage structure and would receive the respect of the players. The only concern is his inexperience of club management.

As has already been posted we cannot afford any time for a new manager to 'find his way'

Of all the other realistic names mentioned on this thread they all leave me feeling cold or completely underwhelmed (although I have no idea about Troussier) - except for a Dalglish/Shearer partnership !

There are ten or so suitable candidates on this website, aren't there?

laugh.gif True, true. Can barely move without knocking a few over. Available without compensation, too!

All I'm saying is that I've just seen Paul Sturrock and rover6 walking towards Ewood. Draw your own conclusions.

I have. It's got to be Gordon Strachan.