SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Manager is Mark Hughes

3rdpillar

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flushed out at last.If Mike Newell could get his mate to come as Player/Coach then the change at Ewood would be dramatic and it would persuade Souey's signings to stay focussed.

But amongst all this remember that Graeme got us back to the Prem

quickly and we only need the FA Cup for a full set.

I know that a couple of days ago that Shearer mentioned that he wasn't ready for managing (re the Newcastle job) . Maybe he's now thinking that after a spell at Ewood he might be . Just in time to step into the carnage that Souness will leave after his reign at the Geordie club.... blink.gif

I know that a couple of days ago that Shearer mentioned that he wasn't ready for managing (re the Newcastle job) . Maybe he's now thinking that after a spell at Ewood he might be . Just in time to step into the carnage that Souness will leave after his reign at the Geordie club.... blink.gif

Well, we must be owed some sort of compensation. Maybe a swap Souey for Shearer would be it - which would be nice

If the objective this season is to stay up (which I believe is the case) give George Graham the job til the end of the season.

We might not play total football but there is no way on this earth that we'll get relegated.

Looking long term, I think Hughes, Dowie, Strachan or Newell would serve us very well.

One thing's for certain, the board must act decisively, we can't afford to be in limbo with the state of our current league position.

If the objective this season is to stay up (which I believe is the case) give George Graham the job til the end of the season.

NEVER ! Misplaced loyalty is one thing - misplaced club money and theft is quite another . Such an appointment would stretch my attachment to the Rovers to the absolute limit .

Bring back King Kenny with Shearer as player coach.

Why would he come back when he is currently 'KING'? The fact that he is a rovers god is a good reason for him not to come back. We are a fickle lot and if he lost a few games we would be shouting for his head.

strachan, why whats he done? robson, yes if he was young, like he was at ipswich. venables, l still think he's lou costello. we need someone new, with a young aproach to our young players, you know, like playing them, gally, jay mac, douglas etc.. start by getting rid of souness pups, boersma, and saunders, then go for a new man, l would try for gareth southgate as player manager, with his own choice of coaches, or coaches promoted from our academy, southgate is respected and can read a game, as can one of our own in tim sherwood. but please not a manager off the round- a- bout who talks good but does nowt.

Houllier! Surely Rovers aren't daft enough to appoint a manager who was a failure at Liverpool and has all the baggage that goes with having a heart condition...... huh.gif

Edited by Ewood Spark

Houllier! Surely Rovers aren't daft enough to appoint a manager who was a failure at Liverpool and has all the baggage that goes with having a heart condition...... huh.gif

laugh.giflaugh.gif

You make a compelling arguement.

It would be one of two for me, gordon strachen is a great personality, is well respected, talks with a lot of sense on the game and has never been sacked(to my knowledge), think he do a fantastic job here and really lift the profile of the club to be more media friendly.

Paul jewel , who did a great job getting bradford into the premiership and keeping them up against the odds, also doing a great job a wigan as they already look promotion material and by all accounts play very entertaining football , plus he may bring whelan with him rover.gifbiggrin.gif