SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Manager is Mark Hughes

3rdpillar

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you realy think Blackburn is a big enough club for Mr Houlier?

I really hope not, I wouldn't want him anywhere near the club.

My choices:

1) Kenny Dalglish

2) Iain Dowie

3) Nigel Worthington

4) Mark Hughes

5) Peter Taylor

They're the realistic ones I guess...from the betting I wouldn't mind:

11/2 Hughes

6/1 Paul Jewell, Gerard Houllier

7/1 Strachan

9/1 Mike Newell

12/1 Kenny Dalglish, David O'Leary, Dean Saunders, Alan Shearer

14/1 George Graham, David Moyes, Tony Parkes

20/1 Glenn Hoddle, Terry Venables

25/1 Bryan Robson, Sir Clive Woodward

33/1 Colin Hendry, Sir Bobby Robson

40/1 Sam Allardyce.

Jewell and Houllier at 6/1 is scaring me a bit at the moment... huh.gif

Edited by LeChuck

No way Newell!!!

Im sorry, we may all love him but he has no experience. He has got all of joe kinnears players at luton not his own.

I would like John Gregory. He always finished top 6 with villa untill he and ellis fell out.

Anyway, kevin Gallagher has said it will be walter smith huh.gif

Errickson had better come nowhere near Ewood Park. Have you all forgotten he was coming once and snubbed us?

Not humiliating us like that and then getting the job.

I would love Ranieri to come if that was possible. I would settle for El Tel he is good in his own way and Gordon Strachan would fit the bill outside of that. I have no idea.

The inside track I have on Shearer's attitude in the dressing room from a football journo I know is that he is ego-centric, falling out with team-mates and using his fists too freely to 'resolve differences'. A fantastic player with a ruthless streak on the pitch but I really don't think he's management material.

Getting Kenny back would be a mistake too. Remember that the success came from a trio working together to produce magic: Jack Walker, Kenny Dalgeish and Ray Harford. Sadly two of them are no longer with us. Kenny's reputation as a legend at the club is set in stone. Why spoil it?

I find it difficult to see what either of these two individuals can currently offer Rovers that is over and above Houllier.

Strachan or Hughes for me.

but we have to be realistic about who we can get. Just like signing players, we cant expect to attract the best so we have to look for a potential rising star.

I think you're setting your sights a bit low there. There's hardly a manager out there, who is available, that would turn down a job such as rovers.

Mixed bag about Souness going. Fans were getting impatient with him but he does wear his heart on his sleeve and has the ability to attract players. Parkes will do his usual; 5 wins playing flair football, then steps back down to anonymity with another pay rise.

I'd have Ian Dowie. Great manager, clever too. He's got a chemical engineering degree or something. Can think and is willing to learn. Did wonders at Oldham and Palace; who will get relegated this season. So he comes to us and steadies the ship.

As for popular opinions:

Hoddle: wouldn't move north, plus he's a bit of a loony.

Newell: No experience? Did Dalglish have any when he took over Liverpool? Bad argument for me, but I don't know much about him, apart from Luton are top and the fans would appreciate him.

Hughes: If he came he'd never be allowed back to Wales. He will stay with Wales until 2006 qualifying is over then on to Man U.

Houllier: Must be on drugs. Wouldn't touch him with a barge pole. He'll buy too many overpriced continentals who won't like the weather or area.

Strachan: Maybe but he got Coventry relegated.

The "fancy foreigner". Never. John Williams isn't stupid. He did well with Souness and will think wisely. He looks after the club well and thinks of the future.

Allardyce: No. He wouldn't leave Bolton. He's on a good gig there, the chairman lets him get free 1 year over the hill superstars. Rovers want to build from the ground up.

Venables: We're not flash enough for him.

Moyes: Will bring Irvine back to Ewood. Could be a possibility, he's fed up with Everton right now.

Hendry: Another emotional choice. No Chance. Steered Blackpool to bottom of the table.

O'Leary: He wouldn't leave Villa, he got it running right there and I think Deadly Doug doesn't have long left making it easier for ayone to run the team.

George Graham: Would shore up the back, but we'd be very mediocre. We need entertaining football if we are going to attract fans. Solid record and a disciplinarian, but boring football.

Woodward: Let's jump on the bandwagon eh? Silly.

Robsons' et al. We would go backwards.

Shearer: Many fans' emotional choice, plus conspiracies will be abundant. Odds on for the NUFC job and was passed over, Souness tried to bring him back, Uncle Jack offered him the job back in 1996. The media would like us better and we'd get a few penalties. Brings in Newell as his assistant. Ahh, to dream. I wonder how many would ask about Shearer's lack of top flight managerial experience? Methinks not many.

I shall wait and see who else is thrown in, but don't look for a quick appointment, everyone knows Parkes will do well.

Errickson had better come nowhere near Ewood Park. Have you all forgotten he was coming once and snubbed us?......... I would settle for El Tel

Then I've taken that you have forgotten that El Tel had talks with Rovers but snubbed us several years ago, if memory serves me correctly before we settled on Mr Hodge Podge.

My list of possible managers to take over include

1) Strachan

2) Big Phil (Luis Felipe Scolari)

3) Hughes

4) Bryan Robson

5) Dalglish

List of those who we must stay away far from

1) Hoddle

2) Holger Osiek

3) Gerard Houllier

4) Sven Goran Ericksson

5) George Graham

and on and on.......

Hopefully someone with 3 syllables in their name. "Graeme Souness' Blue and White Army" was a bit too jammed together because of the extra syllable.

Ive always sang, "Souness' blue n white army"

thanks for not telling me guys and making me look like a fool mad.gif

biggrin.gif

That's what we all sung. Remember that American is in Boston and can't get to too many games......

1) Strachan

3) Hughes

4) Bryan Robson

5) Dalglish

1) Hoddle

2) Holger Osiek

3) Gerard Houllier

4) Sven Goran Ericksson

5) George Graham

and on and on.......

Just thought I'd bring it to your attention that you've put number 4 on your list of possibilities on the wrong list.

1) Strachan

3) Hughes

4) Bryan Robson

5) Dalglish

1) Hoddle

2) Holger Osiek

3) Gerard Houllier

4) Sven Goran Ericksson

5) George Graham

and on and on.......

Just thought I'd bring it to your attention that you've put number 4 on your list of possibilities on the wrong list.

laugh.gif

I wonder what Barry Ferguson must be thinking. We need a manager who can get the respect of the players as they were all mostly bought by Souness. The managers available and who we could get does not inspire me. However Strachan is probably pick of the bunch.

Hopefully someone with 3 syllables in their name. "Graeme Souness' Blue and White Army" was a bit too jammed together because of the extra syllable.

Ive always sang, "Souness' blue n white army"

thanks for not telling me guys and making me look like a fool mad.gif

biggrin.gif

That's what we all sung. Remember that American is in Boston and can't get to too many games......

The one I went to, the Graeme was in front.

I wonder what Barry Ferguson must be thinking. We need a manager who can get the respect of the players as they were all mostly bought by Souness. The managers available and who we could get does not inspire me. However Strachan is probably pick of the bunch.

what has any of this got to do with Barry Ferguson. He's gets payed by rovers and he's gunna have to play for any manager we get. If not, he can eff of back to scotland.