SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Manager is Mark Hughes

3rdpillar

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at that list of available managers, how about Carlton Palmer?

He has good knowledge of the premiership and must have experienced many different stratergies and tactics at all of the different clubs that he has been at. H ewill also obviously be keen and available cheaply

His managerial experience at Stockport County can't damage his credentials too much?

Are you actually Charlton Palmer??

Well sorry,no Charlton. We dont want you!!

i think someone mentioned toshack, good idea but i think he may have had some problems recently in his personal life.

as for Hitzfeld, he did an amazing job at Bayern, im not sure he would want to come to Rovers, he did seem very proud of his position at FC Bayern.

As for Shearer, yes please. After recent games decisions i am SURE image is now everything in football. Shearer has a great image within the media, even though a lot of players hate him. I think with the world watching, it would be a great move. Maybe then referees would not spend the last 15 mins of our games against the bigger clubs (Utd anyone?) worrying that its their fault the unfancied side is ahead and making ridiculous decisions.

i also remember Shearer being able to win Penalties.

What would the situation be with regards to compensation etc if we did sign him? Would Newcastle be due any if he was taken on as Manager only?? Could we try a sneaky one and try and get a season on the field out of him?

As for Parkes, id love to see him given a shot, he totally deserves it. However i would hate to see him ever have to leave the club, and obviously if it didnt work out he would have to go.... i imagine hes thought of this, as has Williams.

Houllier is a definate no no. Liverpool have the support to fund paying wasters. We dont.

hee hee greggy k ,never forget after the trelleborgs game that we bumped into the squad at malmo airport and he had his photo taken with me and i said ,"never mind kenny we will win the league" he smiled and said "jgufyfdytdttfyugytyfgiugugf6e5rdyuv8f6rf6f" to this day i didnt understand a word he said to me.

Edited by ABBEY

Hughes would be a decent shout but lacks Premiership experience and wouldn't give up his job with the Welsh national side.

So only one man for the job then......Strachan. Proven premiership manager and all the attributes to continue the good work his fellow Scot Souness put in at Ewood.

Penny for John Willams thoughts right now  smile.gif

Was thinking along the same lines, Gav.

I can't see the Welsh FA letting Hughes go without a fight and given the current qualifying campaign is going to be their best chance to claim a place in a major tournament, I think it'd be a wrench for Hughes to leave Wales.

It would be nice to see Hughes get the job at Ewood, because I think he's shown signs of being a decent manager. He commands respect from his players (without having to try and injure them in training!) and has shown recently that he's willing to look into different methods of getting the best preparation for his players beforegames. I also think he's a name that will be able to attract players to the club (something Souness' standing as a player helped us with greatly), when we're facing decent competition. The obvious downside is that he isn't experienced in premiership management, which may prove too big a gamble for Williams & Co., given our current position.

Out of all the candidates being bandied around, I think Strachan is the best available, as long as we can veto his South American transfer wanderings!

I don't think we'll be poaching any other prem club's manager (Moyes, Dowie or Megson) and the risk of appointing an Adams, Newell or Sturrock from the lower leagues may not be ambitious enough. I don't think Reid, El Tel, Graham, Bryan Robson, Gregory or Houllier are good enough to push the club forward. Sir Bobby would certainly bring optimism to the club, but he hardly represents long-term consideration, maybe a stop-gap measure for a season whilst we wait for other developments?

I think with John Williams & Co. we're in good hands and the time is right for a new face to bring fresh ideas (and coaches) to the squad, which has the potential to do well under the right circumstances.

Let's hope the challenge of playing for a 1st team spot will get the players fired up and help put some points on the board....

Saints a force?  they had one good seaon didn't they.

yeah, under Strachan. Lets face it, when he inherited Soton, while being good, it wasnt GS style (hhmm, this could get confusing, with the ginger scot having the same initials). When he improved the side, and moulded it to his liking, he got a decent prem finish, and an fa cup final, and europe. Level pegging i think with rovers WC winning year (we wernt playing Arsenal in the final, lets face it). Anyone with a recent record in the prem like that has got to be considered.

Yes but it is easy to ignore (or deny, your choice) the fact that Hoddle had laid some groundwork too isn't it. If anyone put the saints ON the ascendency it was Hoddle. Strachan took that springboard and worked it well. Made a few good signings. Do not discount his role in the demise of Coventry, yes he had to sell his best players, so do we, but his replacements did NOT get the job done. Many of you dogged Souness for his signings but he DID NOT take us into the first division without even the groundwork for a quick return.

Strachan was VERY responsible for the demise of the Sky Blues. IMHO of course.

I can see why GS, Gordon Strachan that is, would be a popular choice, whether he's winning or losing people like him, you lot would not get as much stick down the pub would you?

That said would I be disappointed if we signed him as boss, a bit but he may make it work.

Allardyce, come off it he would sell all our best players and replace them with borrowed players, over the hill has beens, REMEMBER you lot don't like that.

Anyway should be fun, sort of spices up the closed transfer window period.

Lot's to talk about now.

ooops geordies in chatroom not happy when i said they copied us with shearer ,batty,given,king kenny and soey ,i only said kidds next...grumpy gits

Didn't it all start with Gordon Lee? I wonder how many of the "passionate faithful" even remember him? NEWCASTLE UNITED the BLACKBURN ROVERS wannabees.

Looking at that list of available managers, how about Carlton Palmer?

He has good knowledge of the premiership and must have experienced many different stratergies and tactics at all of the different clubs that he has been at. H ewill also obviously be keen and available cheaply

His managerial experience at Stockport County can't damage his credentials too much?

That post is exactly the reason i tend not to come on this site anymore ph34r.gif

Wee wee taker or not!

Aren't you one of "them" now GAV. Word has it you joined the dingles.

ooops geordies in chatroom not happy when i said they copied us with shearer ,batty,given,king kenny and soey ,i only said kidds next...grumpy gits

Didn't it all start with Gordon Lee? I wonder how many of the "passionate faithful" even remember him? NEWCASTLE UNITED the BLACKBURN ROVERS wannabees.

I only just remember him i was only a yunker back then