BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 40 Flippin' Pounds

stegraham

As the game at Stamford Bridge last year was the only Rovers game I have ever left early I was seriously considering not going this time. The Old Trafford result has changed that and Mrs DM and I will be there.

However, I live a 10 minute walk away. Everyone that comes down from Lancashire to be treated like cattle and watch us get stuffed at huge expense has my total respect. I also completely understand anyone who doesn't need the hassle.

Edited by Duff's Minder

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems my suggestion for a complete boycott in protest not at ticket prices but rather at Abromovich is gathering momentum.  Dont go and....

1.  Spend a few quid in the Blues Bar instead.  Support Rovers rather than Abromovich! (next season maybe persuade the club to open the Prem suite). tinykit.gif

350969[/snapback]

Better still Gordon, instead of giving Chelsea 48 quid (would expect to see a Cup final for that) go to the Leeds cup game and take 3 non regular fans with you!

(Not saying your bar tab is a large one or anything! tongue.gif )

However, I live a 10 minute walk away.  I also completely understand anyone who doesn't need the hassle.

351005[/snapback]

Fair do's that you might only be 10 minute walk away DM but by paying you are accepting that the price is ok which is a detriment to the other fans and not just our club.

Its just scandulous and obscene.

People can put up with hassle providing the price is right - IMO the Liverpool game is too much and ridiculous as well but its more in line with 'todays prices' than what Chelsea are charging.

Topic of discusion on Saturday was if any Rovers fans pay that price they want their head seeing to.

I suspect not many fans will be attending, but to those that are I have to agree with what TND has said previously and although we can't stop anybody, suggest they have a rethink and boycott the game on principle.

A very interesting article indeed.

A season ticket for the European Champions at £67 ffs !!!!

Another interesting snippet, which would be of particular interest to those looking at ways of increasing our dwindling attendances, is the provision of free public transport to all supporters travelling up to 100km, or 62 miles, to the ground.

A great idea - remove that particular additional cost and do away with the matchday traffic congestion problems all in one fell swoop !

which reminds me, does anyone know whatever happened to the rumoured plans to build an Ewood stop on the passing rail line?

250768[/snapback]

This is the type of incentive which BRFC would do well to adopt to some degree.

tinykit.gifcool.gif

£48 bucks just for the ticket f.f.s!!

im doing the preview for this game and there is alot to be said!!

journey costs, food, beer, fags and a kick in from one of the i.c.f's is an expensive day out!!

but wot else are you going to do on a saturday sit at home and watch gordie boys ant & dec or w**k over x factor, (Please don't use that word again) that for a laugh, lets go down south to the bridge and turn then over like we did at manky utd!!

rover.gif

Think I am going to go....

Why not, prices are expensive but so is life!!

352554[/snapback]

Because people like you encourage and by definition reward those that make it so.

A boycott of Stamford Bridge by the fans of all clubs would hardly encourage them to push prices up more next season would it? Whilst filling the away end every fortnight would absolutely guarantee a price hike next year.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.