BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 40 Flippin' Pounds

stegraham

Sorry for bringing this old chestnut up again, but have people seen how much it's going to cost to go and watch the Palace game down at Selhurst park? It's only 5 quid less than the Chelsea game. Yes, that's right 35 quid to watch Crystal Palace, that high flying, star studded, skillful football side. Maybe Andrew Johnson is asking for a pay rise? Corr blimey!

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You have got to be kidding! I didn't think their attendances were particularly high, nor that they were well supported enough to demand such high prices...

I was counting on this as a London game I could go to and even persuaded my girlfriend to come with me! But 35quid is ridiculous money, especially if I were to bring somebody with me.

Sorry for bringing this old chestnut up again, but have people seen how much it's going to cost to go and watch the Palace game down at Selhurst park? It's only 5 quid less than the Chelsea game. Yes, that's right 35 quid to watch Crystal Palace, that high flying, star studded, skillful football side. Maybe Andrew Johnson is asking for a pay rise? Corr blimey!

The price of the ticket is a joke and im sorry but im not paying for it. I forked out for the chels game, but this has gone too far. Call me disloyal, part-time whatever you want, but i aint paying £35 for the same seat which i sat in 4 yrs ago in div 1 for around £15. NO WAY mad.gif

• 9 months later...

It's an awful lot of money for a football game, and certainly not worth it to see Rovers. Chelsea offer much more entertainment and it follows that tickets would be more expensive but I imagine a lot of Chelsea fans are unhappy at having to pay prices like those to see their team challenged by Rovers. How many seats have we got? I'd be very surprised if more than 1,500 fans make the journey south. Add the train fares to the already ludicrous ticket prices and you've got yourself a luxury weekend break in the Lakes!

stamford bridge isn't wot it used to be. its like a few office blocks put together with a pitch in the middle. no wonder they call it the village!!

on ssn the other day they had the chelsea tickets and they cant even spell chelsea correctly on the ticket, i dont know if anyone seen it?

Bolton ticket details announced and tickets on sale from top tier first which were the more expensive ones last year.  Not sure for the reason but seems strange to me.

340092[/snapback]

At those prices we will be presumable unlikely to sell out both tiers, so they can give the lower tier to the home fans.

The other Thursday I went to Crewe to see my favourite Progrock band, they were excellent as usual and were on for 2.5 hours. Cost £10.

Same night I bought their latest album, lasts 50 mins and can be played over and over again. Excellent. Cost £10.

Two days later I spent the night camping in Borrowdale and had two excellent days in the Lakes. Cost for me £4.

Total cost for all 3 - £24

I have followed Rovers the length and breadth of England (first away match 1967) and watched them away in Europe. I am still (for the time being) a comitted season ticket holder but I now flatly refuse to give up any more of my cash for away matches when I can get value for money as stated above which is 100 fold that of any Premiership admission fee.

Football is sticking its head up its own arse but unfortunately a good deal of sh1t is still pouring out - and it's falling on the head of the genuine football supporter.

The other Thursday I went to Crewe to see my favourite Progrock band, they were excellent as usual and were on for 2.5 hours. Cost £10.

Same night I bought their latest album, lasts 50 mins and can be played over and over again. Excellent. Cost £10.

Two days later I spent the night camping in Borrowdale and had two excellent days in the Lakes. Cost for me £4.

Total cost for all 3 - £24

340186[/snapback]

£25 last Thursday for 8 hours watching England v Australia - one of the most enjoyable and enthralling sporting events I've seen . Can't wait til the kids are grown up ......

Shouldn't be too long before we get some post on this subject.

tinykit.gif  cool.gif

340019[/snapback]

Apparently we are behind the goals this year. At £48 quid, I can watch it on dodgy sky and get hammered and still have 40 quid change left.

• 2 weeks later...
Ste B

Is it £48 this time? That's robbery - thought we were supposed to be in deflationary times?

tinykit.gif  cool.gif

342778[/snapback]

I'm only guessing at the price given THIS LINK TO CHELSEA PRICING and that Sunderland and West Broms away trips are 48.

Villa must be taking a larger allocation, as there are some 45 quid tickets in the lower tier SEE HERE

I find it quite amazing that there are NO CONCESSIONS for the upper tier. ALL tickets for Sunderland fans are 48 quid. SEE HERE

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.