BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 40 Flippin' Pounds

stegraham

Can’t wait for the match - I completely understand why people can’t afford it for whatever reason.

I am not happy about spending £40. However, I can make cut-backs in the other things I spend and I am sure it will not affect me too much.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Think I am going to go....

Why not, prices are expensive but so is life!!

352554[/snapback]

And becuase of that you will pay £45 next year, £50 the year after and so on...

Where do you draw the line? £60, £70 or even £100?

I would say there is a line and Chelsea have crossed it - but its a free world and if you want to let yourself be abused.....

Firstly, I like many others will not be attending becuase I feel the event won't justify the cost.

However, I'd got to take all those "protesting" by "boycotting" to task ? Are your actually protesting or are you simply not attending because of the price, which is fair enough, but doesn't constitute a protest. Likewise if you only attend three or four away games a season, and even then miss some "cheaper" ones, you're hardly boycotting this one.

The question to ask yourself. If I laid on free transport from Ewood to the gate of Stamford Bridge, would you travel and then protest with me outside the ground or would you spend the morning in B&Q and then listen to it on Radio Lancashire ?

Choosing not to go because of the cost is one thing, claiming you're not going out of protest is another.

So what will those people not going(who normally would do)spend the £45 on instead??

352642[/snapback]

Gas, Electricity, Water, Food, Kids new shoes..... fags, booze..... broadband internet conection....... coat for the dog...... silly halloween decorations....

Does it really matter £48 is wrong.

Like I said its a free world anyone who is flush enough and foolish enough to pay it - go ahead but not me.

i dont feel good about it, but i'm not going (out of protest). it's not as if they need the money!

if all premiership fans (apart from the big clubs) boycotted the bridge it might make them think!

i only tend to miss one away game a season, newcastle away, due to the horrendous view, unfortunately it'll be two this year. mad.gif

coat for the dog......

352654[/snapback]

You should be shot. The poor dog. Like I always say when my wife talks about the cold (even she's smart enough not to put clothes on him), he has a fur coat.

Stupid question it may sound, but where are most people (if any) sitting for the Chelsea game.... Upper or Lower tier??

354003[/snapback]

Im in the upper (if you care!) And the away season ticket holders are as well. I figured when youa re talking the difference between 45 and 48 quid it doesnt matter much ph34r.gif

(Sorry drog)

rover.gif well i hope you get a better ref than we did on saturday,i was gutted first away game £32, match over as a contest after 33 mins.chelski will be no different,the champions always get the decision's,god help us if we take the lead ala lotnob tinykit.gif

Im in the upper (if you care!)  And the away season ticket holders are as well.  I figured when youa re talking the difference between 45 and 48 quid it doesnt matter much  ph34r.gif

(Sorry drog)

354005[/snapback]

I think away season ticket holders are in the lower tier, well ive been sent a lower tier ticket anyway.

I think away season ticket holders are in the lower tier, well ive been sent a lower tier ticket anyway.

354123[/snapback]

Hmmm, Orvil reckons he's in the upper, as did the girl at the ticket office. Ill be dischuffed if thats the case

• 2 weeks later...

Jose Mourinho recently said: "We deserve more respect."

Well I might have a bit more respect for Chelsea if Peter Kenyon didn't treat football supporters with contempt.

48 flippin' pounds for a ticket....

There were a limited number of tickets in the lower tier for Rovers fans at £45 for adults and £28 for Senior Citizens. The majority of seats for Rovers fans are in the upper tier, where there are no concessions for kids or pensioners - so it's 48 quid each there, like it or lump it.

Before the start of the season Chelsea doubled ticket prices for their disabled fans to £49 each. As if Abramovich really needs the extra money.... mad.gif

What kind of way is that to treat your loyal disabled supporters ?

In the Champions League against Anderlecht, Chelsea had a crowd of only 29,000 at the Bridge - with 13,000 empty seats. They were charging £45-£60 for tickets. And £45 was the absolute minimum - there were no concessions at all for kids.

An adult taking his three kids to the match would have cost him a minimum of 180 quid.

Peter Kenyon thinks that Chelsea can do what they like. That's why they treat the game's rules with contempt - arranging meetings in restaurants with Ashley Cole and Rio Ferdinand. The arrogant Mourinho also thinks he can do what he likes - wrongly accusing Frank Rijkaard of going into the ref's dressing room at half-time against Barcelona.

Jose defended the disgraceful over-the-top tackle Michael Essien made on Bolton's Ben Haim a fortnight ago. And yet Mourinho also had the audacity to condemn the tackling of Rovers players at Ewood last season.

I never thought I would loathe a club as much as Man United - but given the highly arrogant approach of Messrs Kenyon and Mourinho, I'm beginning to dislike them almost as much as Glazer United.

48 quid for kids - Bloody scandalous. Theno is right to say we should all boycott this game.

As Elvis Costello once sang: "I don't want to go to Chelsea"

Edited by Anti Euro Smiths Fan

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.