[Archived] 40 Flippin' Pounds

stegraham

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I've never heard booing either. I must admit that Chelsea has been the first time I've really considered not going in a couple of years. Last year was a real test - we walked for miles to get an early morning train to Chorley. Found our way to Ewood to get on the 7am coach or whatever it was - got tubbed - came back exhausted and poor.

My financial situation (student not having to pay the full cost of living) has meant that I've been able to afford, by hook or crook, to get to the games. I could physically afford to go to Chelsea, but sometimes this isn't the point.

If we win at Anfield we'll end up going. But for the first time since I started regularly going to away games, it could well be time to say "too much".

The booing was unexpected but really glad I heard it, was it a Blackburn End thing or across the ground?

I go to away games with the Ewood Blues (Operate out of the Aqueduct pub), you have a full coach every game with on the whole fans that NEVER miss any games. But the Chelsea game is a different matter, at least half were seriously considering not going. In a great gesture EB are offering reduced coach prices to ensure the ultra loyal fans can go. But this is just one coach, I feel for the fans that want to support their side but are being prevented by a club charging outrageous amounts of money- money they don't even need.

The loyalty and passion of the working man for his football club has never been tested as much as this.

no ticket that price for a league game can be justified, even at momeymaking united they have never gone that far.

to top it, should moneybags fc wind their next 2 games - boltona nd everton - then Rovers are the feed for them to set a new Premiership record of 11 straight wins.

Now doesnt that just fill you with optimism ?

In any case no way would I pay that amount for an away game at chelsea sad.gif

i`m seriously considering missing this. Problem is i dont want to miss this rovers game, but the money they are charging is wrong. People are going to lose either way.

I`d say its a moral victory to boycott the match though....

It seems my suggestion for a complete boycott in protest not at ticket prices but rather at Abromovich is gathering momentum. Dont go and....

1. Spend a few quid in the Blues Bar instead. Support Rovers rather than Abromovich! (next season maybe persuade the club to open the Prem suite). tinykit.gif

2. Contact other club supporters groups to encourage them to do likewise.

Victory for the common man and all that.

Dont break ranks and all wave at Mr & Mrs Stuwilky who should get more coverage that the game on MoTD. rover.gif

Edited by thenodrog

It's the first time I will not be going to Stamford bridge since we've been back in the Premiership. 48 quid for a tickets - no way. I've just been looking at the previous Chelsea tickets stubs I have for the last few seasons:

01/02 - £28

02/03 - £30

03/04 - £31

04/05 - £40

So, in five years it's increased by 20 pounds (28 to 48) Obviously the biggest increases have come since Chelsea were taken over - 17 pounds over the last two seasons. They are taking the wee-wee,

Edited by stegraham

It seems my suggestion for a complete boycott in protest not at ticket prices but rather at Abromovich is gathering momentum.  Dont go and....

1.  Spend a few quid in the Blues Bar instead.

350969[/snapback]

they should do a beamback for those that want to go but not to pay silly prices

Edited by slater_scott

they should do a beamback for those that want to go but not to pay silly prices

350991[/snapback]

Except to do a beamback, Rovers will need well over 2000 to turn up to make it pay its own way. Most people will be watching it on Al-Queda television in their local pub.

rover.gif well i'm not going to chelski but bought a liverpoo ticket after the game on sat,junior off to cyprus for a week so i'm off to the grafton for the weekend,£32 nearly broke my heart,£48 IS BLEEDING RIDICULOUS ohmy.giftinykit.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.