BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 40 Flippin' Pounds

stegraham

Llyods bar just outside Fulham tube station!

Is everyone going to stand up for the whole game in protest to last saturdays game?

At Chelsea ? The only place I've seen someone ejected for half standing whilst attempting to retrieve their mobile from their pocket ?

Sadly CFC's stewards have been as belligerent to visiting fans as our stewards are passive (to visiting fans).

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is everyone going to stand up for the whole game in protest to last saturdays game?

Isn't Lloyds bar actually inside Fulham Broadway tube station. If you see 2 little foreign looking lads around there give them a clip round the ear and tell them I want my bloody phone back.

At Chelsea ? The only place I've seen someone ejected for half standing whilst attempting to retrieve their mobile from their pocket ?

Sadly CFC's stewards have been as belligerent to visiting fans as our stewards are passive (to visiting fans).

Yet permissive to home fans. Sat in the North (I think) stand last season for the Boro match and people were standing for a good part of the match with no problems. I guess Chelsea is the anti-Rovers.

Just to let any other Manc-based Rovers fans know, Manchester Blue and myself will be getting the 7:45am train from Manchester Piccadilly to go to Chelsea.  MarkBRFC is also meeting us at Macclesfield.

So you'll be drinking all the way down on the train, and then in the pub from 11am until kick off ? marvellous.

More to the point which pub ... or are you open to suggestions ?

I'm open to suggestions.

Last season pre-Chelsea a few of us did the pre-Fulham pub (8 bells at Putney Bridge) ... partly cos Fulham was at QPR I suppose. (And partly so a certain member of this board could park on Putney Embankment, close enough to the river that when the tide came in his car almost ended up on a voyage towards the Thames Estuary. I suppose a voyage home with the AA was scant reward).

laugh.gif

However it's two stops further down the District line than is necessary, which loses at least 14 minutes drinking time, so can't really be top of the list, especially as we'll be there in 4 weeks time anyway.

I've not tried << this place >> before but it looks like a decent place to start, next to West Brompton station, 10 mins walk or so from t'Bridge, with a couple more stop offs possible on the way.

Edited by Tris

the links not working for me - which place was that?

ta

Alternative link

Basically, it's called the Prince of Wales and it's opposite West Brompton tube / rail station

Although given your location I guess you can walk there ...

Edited by Tris

As soon as I heard the cost of the Chelsea game I put the phone down

I ain't payin' that!!

Wanted to go to all the London games but Stamford bridge is my least fav away ground anyway.

PLUS

I don't think we're going to come away unbeaten this time. sad.gif

It's time we were beaten at the bridge.

• 2 weeks later...

How could he do it to us?

How could he be that heartless?

It was like a knife through the heart and a shot of poison going through the arm.

Like a shard of glass piercing the skin.

Kissing the Chelsea shirt.... It was devastating to see.

user posted image

user posted image

Duff said in an interview after joining Chelsea that when the £17m release clause was met, Blackburn didn't do anything to try to persuade him to stay. Damien said that Rovers and the board were happy to get the money for him.

That might well be true.

It's also surely true though that John Williams and the board didn't literally put a gun to his head and force him to sign for Chelsea. Ultimately, it was his decision and his signature on the Chelsea contract.

Duff later said that signing for Ranieri was "the best decision" he ever made and that he has loved every minute of his time at Stamford Bridge.

No doubt the increase in salary from £40,000 a week to £70,000 a week was a nice sweetener for him.

If Duff is correct when he says that Rovers were happy to get the £17m for him, then this runs contrary to what Souness had previously said.

When asked about speculation that Duff might leave, Souness said:

"It is going to take a £20m-plus offer. If Rio Ferdinand is worth £30m, then it must be the same for Duff."

A link to those comments from Souness are below:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ers/2143742.stm

I'm not suggesting that Duff shouldn't celebrate a Chelsea goal, but to actually kiss the shirt...

The club of the Russian gangster, the arrogant Peter Kenyon, the way that the club rips off fans by charging 40 quid a ticket - and £3.50 for a plastic cup of lager that tastes like p1ss....

Kissing the Chelsea shirt was equivalent to breaking bread with the devil.

How could you do it to us Damien? sad.gif

Edited by Anti Euro Smiths Fan

He can kiss the Queen's ass for all I care.

Is kissing the club badge really such a betrayal? It's such an empty gesture, it means nothing at all. I doubt it means any more than: "Whooppee, I've just scored, that's another win bonus."

What a quaint, old-fashioned (perhaps some would say, naive) view you have of footballers and their morals.

I fear one day it will all become too much for you and the latest bird-roastin', drug-sniffin', badge-kissin', bling-wearin', money-flauntin', rootle-tootin' footballer misdemeanour will leave you in a state of moral apoplexy.

Is kissing the club badge really such a betrayal? It's such an empty gesture, it means nothing at all.

Totally agree.

Shearer runs off with one arm aloft, Robbie Keane falls over a couple of times (but lands on his feet), Duff kisses the clubs badge. No difference. It's just a habit.

What do our strikers do to celebrate?

(Tris - it must have been the Neill factor)

I'm guessing if you ever had a time in the past where the love of your life and you split, no matter who was at fault, you then are a traitor for kissing your new love?

Move on, already. Chelsea pay his wages, he should be loyal to them. For 70,000 a week, I'd kiss Roman's keister after every goal.

my opinion, he made a bloody good choice.

play with Dickov, Amoruso and Neill

or Lampard, Robben and Dorgba

Is he a clairvoyant ?

no, i think when the move came about Chelsea told Duff they were aiming to sign thew best players in the world

and Souness told Duff of his future ambition to sign a then div1 Dickov and sell probably the most successful striker in the history of the Premier league

and he put 2 and 2 together

Is kissing the club badge really such a betrayal? It's such an empty gesture, it means nothing at all.

Totally agree.

Shearer runs off with one arm aloft, Robbie Keane falls over a couple of times (but lands on his feet), Duff kisses the clubs badge. No difference. It's just a habit.

What do our strikers do to celebrate?

(Tris - it must have been the Neill factor)

Not much demand for it is there?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.