BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chelsea 4 - 0 Rovers

den

I am just waiting for Mr Hughes to come on and say "Obviously we have a little bit of a problem but we can work on that in TRAINING!!!!

This thing about working it out "on the training pitch"is the biggest bull that gets to me,Souness used this term for the last 2 years and now hughes has picked it up.After decades in the game,players like Flitcroft,Short,Matteo,Gray should have "learnt in training"by now i think, if they hav`nt then they should not call them selves pro footballers.

Its obvious Unleaded that Lady Luck wasnt on our side today biggrin.gif

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats all Hughes can do at the moment- work on it in training.

He cannot buy, he has to work with the rubbish he has got.

Agree, but he has to address our problems soon. He can't stick with Emerton on the left anymore, and Matteo or Amoruso in defence. Not sure Djorkaeff should start every game either as I dont think he is "hungry" enough. Bring on Gally!

I'm by all means not a fan of Johansson, but I would rather see him along side Short than having to see Matteo or Amorsuo in the blue and white ever again! or Todd

Edited by krislu

Need to start playing a 'solid' 4-4-2. Dickov up front by himself just doesn't work. I know he's short of confidence but we need to play Stead and Dickov. We need to bring Todd back in at the back and tighten things up. I know it sounds easy, but lets be fair it should be, football isn't a dificult game but we are managing to defend like schoolboys.

Need to start playing a 'solid' 4-4-2. Dickov up front by himself just doesn't work. I know he's short of confidence but we need to play Stead and Dickov. We need to bring Todd back in at the back and tighten things up. I know it sounds easy, but lets be fair it should be, football isn't a dificult game but we are managing to defend like schoolboys.

i think it was stupid, I'm really ######, Dickov is complete crap, I feared this would happen at the start of the season and it really is a nightmare come true, and extremely depressing, the sooner that little old man who can't get into the crapest Scotland EVER is out of our side the sooner I will have hope this season.

Problem is Hughes has no experience in a relegation battle, he has far less knowledge then Bryan Kidd had and his record for Wales in the last 2 years is completely shocking, that's fact.

Very worried because I have no idea what Hughes is going to do next.

Those of you slagging Hughes off would do well to remember that old Chinese proverb - "You can't polish a turd".

Roll on January. It's quite simple. Get rid of the crap brought in by the last manager and replace with better players. Nothing to it. blink.gifunsure.gif

"rover6 is right" - oh yes. He's the ###### dogs that lad. I bet Wenger is ###### himself with him about.

I'm sorry that I don't adhere to the Bob Fleming doctrine. Which states that the incumbent manager is always above any sort of criticism. However, as soon as he leaves, you can bollock him all you like and pretend that you always knew he was losing the plot.

My attitude is to say things as I perceive them. Which is why I am not afraid to say that Mark Hughes has cocked up with team selections - Brett Emerton is not a left winger and MGP is and should start or at least be a used sub. Emerton was finding his feet as a right winger and this latest sojourn onto the left wing is going to set him back. Paul Dickov is not suitable to play as a lone striker and Garry Flitcroft is no longer an adequate Premiership midfielder.

What's more, Hughes decision to give Ferguson more attacking freedom is a mistake because our central midfield, being as impregnable as the House of Commons, is left too exposed if our best midfielder is on the rampage going forward.

Having said all that, I refuse to say there should be any thought given to giving Hughes the boot at this stage. It is way too early - he's made mistakes but he'll learn from them hopefully. Sam Allardyce was sacked as Blackpool's manager, so there is evidence that good managers have difficult times. We don't want a situation as has arisen at Southampton where a new boss is kicked out just as he was settling in, leaving the club in limbo.

Rover6, two simple questions.

1 Have you seen MGP play?

2 Did he impress you?

1. Yes

2. No

But that doesn't mean he shouldn't be given a chance. After all, just as Hughes hasn't impressed me as a manager yet, he deserves the chance to change that and he will.

Yet another joke to us fans. Game after game we lose..we cannot score...we're absoloute crap. Saturdays are fast becoming my worst day, we lose every week without putting up a fight at all. Why play 4-5-1? Does Hughes think that weve got the Italian instinct or something?! I know that none of our strikers could score, but we'd have a slightly better chance with two up there. Why is Matteo starting again? This is a farce as he shouldn't make our reserves. Why is Gallagher not playing, or even featuring in our squad? Why play Emo or Reid left wing when we have Jansen/De Pedro or MGP (even though I don't really rate any of them on the left). We have no quality, no desire and now we have a losing mentality. I honestly cant see us getting out of this, and I don't think that Hughes will save us. Judging by our squad and current form we'll be dead and buried by Easter.

1  Have you seen MGP play?

2  Did he impress you?

1. Yes

2. No

But that doesn't mean he shouldn't be given a chance. After all, just as Hughes hasn't impressed me as a manager yet, he deserves the chance to change that and he will.

yeah but Hughes did beat Italy with Wales, still not qualify and then win one game in 2 and half years and leave Wales without any hope of making the World Cup, and that impressed you, so Pedersen should have allot of hope in impressing you

I think that we need to play a 3-5-2 and pack the midfield we cannot defend, so stop the other side from playing and then attack yourself.

Mark H does need time, but do we have it, I think not sad.gif

1  Have you seen MGP play?

2  Did he impress you?

1. Yes

2. No

yeah but Hughes did beat Italy with Wales, still not qualify and then win one game in 2 and half years and leave Wales without any hope of making the World Cup, and that impressed you, so Pedersen should have allot of hope in impressing you

I should've qualified that by saying 'club manager'.

Nonetheless, you have a point that Hughes' Wales record is the worst in something like 40 years. Even worse than the derided Bobby Gould. However, you must consider the resources he had available and the fact they got to the play offs.

And don't forget, it was Hughes influence that actually got Ryan Giggs and some of the other 'big' names turning out for friendlies they'd normally have bunked.

However, his international record counts for nothing because the club management game is a completely different thing. The Rovers board were brave in taking the plunge, now we just have to hope that it turns out right.

Edited by rover6

This may be slighlty controversial, but I think this is a good time to be supporting Rovers. We might not be very good at the moment, but things can only get better, we have something to play for, and we all need to get behind the team and the manager because they will improve!!!

I for one am looking forward to the next few games very much so, and I am quietly confident, in a bizarre kind of way. rolleyes.gif

Hughes will be given money in January and we will improve, but he's just getting to grips with his current squad, and every win from now on in will feel like winning a cup.

COME ON YOU BLUES tinykit.giftinykit.giftinykit.gif

(well someone has to stay optimistic)

However, you must consider the resources he had available and the fact they got to the play offs.

Hartson, Giggs, Davies, Earshaw, Speed, Savage, Bellemy, Jones, Delaney, Thacher.

I think they were some of the best players Wales have had in years as a team, not bad resuurces i think

but your right we have to live in hope, that someone with no experience as a league manager and a very poor international record of a total of 3- wins in 4 years can get a team out of a relegation battle.

But playing probably the wrose striker in the league alone upfront who's average in this league is about 6 goals a season is probably not going to be the answer, hope he learnt his lesson, I saw it coming

We don't want a situation as has arisen at Southampton where a new boss is kicked out just as he was settling in, leaving the club in limbo.

Too right you don't!! Saints situation is dire because of the instablilty at the club. Personally I would much prefer Mark Hughes as manager than Steve Wigley. Sure, Hughes is on a sharp learning curve, but my guess is that eventually he will be a huge sucess. This season could be dodgy for Rovers, but I still think the three promoted clubs will go down with Rovers and Saints surviving but only just, well, I certainly hope so!

I'd best post my views before I get too well acquainted with the bottle I've just been out for. wink.gif

86% voted Hughes as the right man for the job, even rover6 and jim had positive remarks to make. That's not a side-swipe just a fact.

Now I don't feel very positive, Churchillian or whatever and I'd agree Hughes has made some strange selections to date. However to begin suggesting his time will be short and to start raking up the Welsh results of the past four years is plainly ridiculous. Until tonight I didn't know the results where as poor as suggested, I don't recall anyone moaning six weeks ago.

The people responsible for our position are Graeme Souness and the players. Souness has gone, I still don't believe he deliberatley purchased poor players, so any blame apportioned to the management goes in his direction. The players? Well to be blunt about it there are many who for whatever reason have to look closely at themselves. I don't believe they are really that bad but their performances say they are total crap.

If these footballers WANTED to do something about the team's situation they could. The truth is that many of them have now been found out for the mercenaries they are. We have footballers like Emerton, Neil, Ferguson, Reid, Matteo, Gresko, Amoruso signed from second-rate teams, some playing for third or fourth rate international sides who have managed to flatter to deceive. If you are really PL standard, then PLAY, if not just go. It's time to earn your money chaps or be forever known as yet another second-rate, money grabbing, mercenary footballer who couldn't give two hoots about his club and its fans.

Blackburn Rovers current crop of players demonstrates much that is wrong with the game.

One thing has really struck me so far during these football first highlights - REID. The only positive because I really think that this guy can play the centre midfield role. He certainly isn't a winger - he isn't skillful enough, cannot deliver a cross and doesn't seem to be able to beat a man.

HOWEVER, his short range passing is excellent and he has switrched the play well a few times. He is strong, very quick, is brave when heading and I think this is exactly what we need next to Ferguson.

Suddenly I feel a lot better. Though I doubt we will ever see him playing central midfield.

For 30 minutes, the Rovers looked well organised, compact and very capable of giving Chelski a frustrating afternoon. We even put some good moves together and had a fair shout for a penalty.

Even when Chelsea stepped up a gear, we looked OK to keep it to 0-0 to half time when suddenly Neill and Matteo got lost, Gudjonsson watched our back line disintegrate and Gray didn't and we were 0-2 and out of it.

Never mind Short fouled outside the penalty area and Duff scored from a corner that wasn't (Chelski were getting a corner bonus afternoon), we were beaten by the inability of our defence individually and collectively to keep their shape and discipline- again.

So we will be bottom after the Saints v Brum game and with that minor irritant of a -15 goal difference already need back-to-back victories to be certain of escaping the bottom three.

oh eck

Just got back from the game, very disappointed indeed!

When are we actually going to have a shot on target and test the keeper? Its all very well about blaming the defence but the strikers are not delivering. Our strikers couldn't even score past Bornmouth let alone Chelsea. We were destroyed today.

Another point I'll make is that today Rovers fans were so quiet you could hear a pin drop. It was awful, no atmos at all. The fans have a part to play, and we didn't do it today. Worst atmos at an away game I've been to!

Very disappointed, I'm not looking forward to Saturdays game now, Unless Hughes realises that he needs to chnage the team around. Why keep playing this formation? Its quite obvious that it isn't working!!!!

I'm sorry that I don't adhere to the Bob Fleming doctrine. Which states that the incumbent manager is always above any sort of criticism. However, as soon as he leaves, you can bollock him all you like and pretend that you always knew he was losing the plot.

My attitude is to say things as I perceive them. Which is why I am not afraid to say that Mark Hughes has cocked up with team selections - Brett Emerton is not a left winger and MGP is and should start or at least be a used sub.

Whoah there, you've committed at least one volte face regarding Souness, we all have, so let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

How do you know that Pedersen should start? What honours have you won as a manager? Nothing, obviously otherwise you wouldn't be on here.

I think what rankles with people more than anything is your lack of humility in voicing your opinions - they seem so certain. You needn't be timid, but you seem to be telling Hughes what to do with every post, as if you are the boss.

We were frutrating in the first half, but not just for chelsea, the away fans as well. I praised Hughes for bringing in Djorkaeff but him and Dickov offer absolutely nothing. The Chelsea defense had all sorts of time to do whatever they wanted and we barely created a thing. Like you have said Philip, we lost due to individual and collective defense mistakes, but we didn't win because of our lack of attack.

Reid is not a winger and provided nothing going forward. However, I was very impressed with him because he shows all the attribues we need in central midfield. Emerton is plain and simply out of positionon the left so he provided little. Then through the centre we had all of Dickov to aim at who is too small to win anything and djorkaeff was almost non-existent.

It pains me to watch Stead because his confidence and touch has just deserted him - he just looks clumsy. Bothroyd, however, has the presense we need. Please play him next week.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.