SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chelsea 4 - 0 Rovers

den

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its pointless having a go at Hughes as there is no way we would get rid of him so quickly. He inherited a pile of @#/? and so far hasn't shown any signs of improving things but we've got to give him a chance. I just hope he's not another Brian Kidd, nice guy who just couldn't do it.

On saying that surely we all have the righ to voice our opinions here about the state of our beloved club without being slagged off.

tinykit.gif

Hughes' selection choices have been questionable.

You are a complete tosser

blink.gif

Rover6 is right, the team selection is terrible. Dickov up front on his own? You'd struggle to survive and Division One with that. Emerton on the left after regaining his confidence? Reid walking straight back into the team?

Just got back from watching the game on TV. Until they scored, we were actually doing OK. Neither side, us in particular. were creating anything like a chance.

Then bang, bang, 2-0. Two goals so simple, it was unreal. The second one in particular was just a long hopeful ball that the back four couldn't deal with. Second half, it could have been seven. Everything fell apart, even the rovers players were niggling with each other. Chelsea played one striker for most of the game and he got a hat trick, where are the centre halves.

Better get used to it folks, this team is going down. sad.gif

Those of you slagging Hughes off would do well to remember that old Chinese proverb - "You can't polish a turd".

Roll on January. It's quite simple. Get rid of the crap brought in by the last manager and replace with better players. Nothing to it. blink.gifunsure.gif

"rover6 is right" - oh yes. He's the ###### dogs that lad. I bet Wenger is ###### himself with him about.

Edited by bob fleming

I am just waiting for Mr Hughes to come on and say "Obviously we have a little bit of a problem but we can work on that in TRAINING!!!!

This thing about working it out "on the training pitch"is the biggest bull that gets to me,Souness used this term for the last 2 years and now hughes has picked it up.After decades in the game,players like Flitcroft,Short,Matteo,Gray should have "learnt in training"by now i think, if they hav`nt then they should not call them selves pro footballers.

There is NOTING positive to take from this match, we were again very poor and we will go down if we dont use a lot of money in januray.

First goal: Matteo was tracking back, why? The guy must have a peanutt of a brain. If Matteo had stood still, Gudjonson would have been offside.

Second goal: Poor position by Neill, WHY didnt he see the line of our defense?

Third: Hard to tell if it was a penalty or not, but can complain to much.

Fourth: It wasnt a corner, but does it matter? 3-0, 4-0 poteto - potato.

Other than the goals:

We didn't create anyting

We didn't defend

We were poor, no in fact we were an embarrassment!

I dont usually post but today has got me seriously worried. I woke up this morning and for the first time in a long time I knew we had no chance of getting anything.

After the game I wasnt angry like I usually am when we get beat, I just felt nothing. I feel nothing for this team. Theres not one player that IS Blackburn Rovers at the club anymore. I just cant see where we are going to get 40 odd points this season. Extremely worrying times.

rover.gif though the match was on in the pub 5 minutes from me,i could not bear to go and watch,i expected a drubbing and we got one.

i have to say the pro souness brigade are now after sparky's blood,well it was your messiah who left us with this dross.the summer signings were pathetic,plus the renewal off short and tugay contracts.

mark hughes appointment was a gamble,souness should have walked in the summer-he was never in any danger off the sack if our financial plight is true.instead off having the close season to make signings and assess players he has to do it in january.a point a game till then will give us a fighting chance,all is not lost tinykit.gif

There is NOTING positive to take from this match, we were again very poor and we will go down if we dont use a lot of money in januray.

First goal: Matteo was tracking back, why? The guy must have a peanutt of a brain. If Matteo had stood still, Gudjonson would have been offside.

Second goal: Poor position by Neill, WHY didnt he see the line of our defense?

Well said Krislu - the two goals you mentioned were both simple failures of our defenders failing to look across the line and knowing where the opposition strikers were . If they (Neil and Matteo) don't know that now then they never will . Maybe Gray could have stopped goalside to play on the safe side but there we have it - no communication or understanding .

As for spending money in January ; depending on how many points we have - or don't have - it may be better to save it for next season ! You know what they say about teams who are bottom at Xmas sad.gif

Four wins before xmas? Are you insane? I think this is more accurate...

liverpool - 0

norwich - 1

man city - 1

brum - 3

fulham - 1

spurs - 0

palace - 1

everton - 0

newcastle - 0

bolton - 1

It doesn't matter how we improve our defense if we cannot score and right now I cannot see where any of our goals will come from.

Edited by tcj_jones

rover.gif fixtures till jan

liverpoo 1point

norwich 3pts

man city 0points

brum 3points

fulham 0points

spurs 1pt

palace 3pts

everton 0pts

newcastle 3pts

bolton 1pt

Fixtures till jan:

liverpoo 0point

norwich 1pts

man city 0points

brum 3points

fulham 0points

spurs 1pt

palace 0pts

everton 0pts

newcastle 1pts

bolton 1pt

7p out of 30p

Watched the match on Norwegian tv...

Heh hum. I really think we need to look towards the future already and start playing the youngsters and those likely still to be with the club in Championship.

Jesus christ, when we start predicting the results after 10 games of the season, you know were in the brown stuff!

Were not dead and burried yet, but things aren't looking too good. The thing that worries me most, apart from the defending, is Hughes's apparent in-ability to motivate.

Have to disagree. Aside from the last two matches I have praised Hughes ability to motivate the team at half time, when they always seem eager and willing.

It doesn't matter how we improve our defense if we cannot score and right now I cannot see where any of our goals will come from.

Which makes you wonder: WHY WAS COLE MOVED ON?! We have a proven Premiership goal-scorer in our ranks, yet he is done away. Considering our defence has been worsened by the addition of Matteo, what was the point of disabling us at the other end? Terrible, terrible, terrible!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.