BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Music Discussion Thread

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ste b @ Aug 29 2006, 16:15 ) 440107[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Now that's something I should add to the swear filter.

Perhaps. But it would of course preclude the word being used in any other context.

There is only one context you can use the words zane lowe . In fact you can't use those words at all now ;)

Personally, I think Mr Lowe is quite entertaining and just tries to "big up" new young bands. He seems to be a genuine music lover and I enjoy listening to him. I guess he's a modern-day John Peel - without perhaps having quite as diverse a taste in music.

Still, I suppose some of you numpties would have called Peel a prick as well.

As I said, Lowe is nothing but a loud-mouth a sycophant. Whoever it is that he's interviewing currently is in the best band in the world for the duration of the conversation. The impression I get from him is that he is the exact opposite of a genuine music lover.

Still, I suppose some of you numpties would have called Peel a prick as well.

Never, John Peel was a star who LOVED his music.

I would however call Matt Bellemy a prick

Wait for it

Any second now

Will he retaliate

:ph34r: :P:D

Peel pated all sorts of different and new stuff, giving breaks to countless number of bands and genres, that is what made him great but there was a price to be paid in that some of it was crap.

I think Elbow are quite good

Elbow are fantastic, one of the best bands around, they make beautiful passionate poetic music, I'm am going to see them on Sept 23rd at Cohesion Live festival at Platt Fields Manchester, it is going to be great because they are also amazing live.

Peel played ALOT of ###### music on his show, very strange music, You'd literally get one good song each song.

Sounds like an unbeatable ratio to me :)

(BTW "very strange" is not the same as "bad" ....think on......)

I'd tend to go with Blueandwhitemike

Peel pated all sorts of different and new stuff, giving breaks to countless number of bands and genres, that is what made him great but there was a price to be paid in that some of it was crap.

(apart from the word "pated")

Elbow are fantastic, one of the best bands around, they make beautiful passionate poetic music, I'm am going to see them on Sept 23rd at Cohesion Live festival at Platt Fields Manchester, it is going to be great because they are also amazing live.

Were i around i probably would too. Only just bought it and only listened a couple of times but can tell it will grow and grow

Anyways, Iron Maiden's new album is out today. Woohoo! :)

Having got it on Sunday and played it through several times I actually like it a lot. There's nothing that jumps off as 'catchy singles' like during their 80's heyday but it is very good, notably The Legacy, These Colours don't run and Out of the Shadows.

Having been a huge fan since the late eighties one of my biggest regrets when Dickinson left was that I never saw them live whilst he was at the helm. I've not got tickets for MEN in December. Can't wait. If only I could persuade them to play The Rhyme of The Ancient Mariner. :)

Yes I'm really happy with the new album. Not catchy, but very colourful and introspective. These Colours Don't Run and Out of the Shadows in particular are incredible. Bruce can't quite shriek like he used to, but his vocals have taken on a new depth of emotion since his solo material in the late 90s, which adds to the appeal of thier current style. Seeing them again in Glasgow on December 15th. :tu: Can't wait.

These Colours Don't Run

That wouldn`t be a Steve Harris/West Ham link would it?

BIG West Ham fans Iron Maiden.

A good friend of mine fitted a top-notch satellite tv system in Steve Harris` mansion many many moons ago....waaaay before satellite got popular. He was helping his cousin, who owned the business which did this sort of work for all the 'stars' & 'celebs' down sarf. He said the house was impressive to say the least.

That wouldn`t be a Steve Harris/West Ham link would it?

BIG West Ham fans Iron Maiden.

A good friend of mine fitted a top-notch satellite tv system in Steve Harris` mansion many many moons ago....waaaay before satellite got popular. He was helping his cousin, who owned the business which did this sort of work for all the 'stars' & 'celebs' down sarf. He said the house was impressive to say the least.

Yeah, Steve actually played for the West Ham youth team in the 70s before jacking it in for the music. "These colours don't run" is actually what Bruce Dickinson shouted (he was holding a union jack at the time as they were playing "The Trooper") when they were being pelted with eggs and having their sound cut during last years Ozzfest at the behest of Sauron Osbourne. Quite an impassioned rant actually, I'll need to have a look for it on this here internets. The song's got nothing to do with the incident though.

Edited by Radagast

A guy i worked with was a former member of the ICF & got into quite a bit of bother in the past.

His mobile phone has a West ham badge on the screensaver with "these colours don`t run" underneath it.

I told me it used to be printed on the ICF calling cards they pinned to their victims during the 80s. That`s why i thought there may be a link.

Steve harris is said to be a very good footballer who could`ve been a top pro, but concentrated on his music instead. Iron Maiden have their own football team who play other teams when on tour.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.