BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Feyenoord 0 Rovers 0

It's great to see Rovers selling out their allocation, only trouble is I've just been informed I've not got a ticket. Late in applying due to being on holiday.

If anyone hears of a spare ticket please PM me, otherwise I will cancel my hotel a the end of the week :(

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spoke with the ticket ofice this morning about tickets. They said that they should hear about getting a futher allocation either later today or tomorrow morning.

There are no more official coach places left either. I was asking about the official travel just as someone was filling in applications for the last 2 places. :(

I think that Eurosport will have to do for me!

No problem, I appreciate the dig.

I'm not crying about it. Tis my own fault as I went to Salzburg and could have got a ticket straight away. Was on holiday and waiting on a mate back home to sort tickets out.... he never did.

No problem, I appreciate the dig.

I'm not crying about it. Tis my own fault as I went to Salzburg and could have got a ticket straight away. Was on holiday and waiting on a mate back home to sort tickets out.... he never did.

As has been said, I'd hang on. I read somewhere (can't remember where for the life of me) that Feyenoord won't expect to sell all the home seats, so we could end up with a bigger allocation.

There's hope!

Simon :brfc:

Edited by b12_simon

from bbc.co.uk;

Feyenoord v Rangers 2001/2002

Insanity from Rotterdam

BBC Scotland football pundit Chick Young says that some Rangers fans came away from Rotterdam fearing for their lives.

It's time match tickets started carrying government warnings. Watching football can seriously damage your health.

Even certain big hard men from Glasgow I happen to know by reputation went a whiter shade of pale at the sight of the maniacs who wear the colours of Feyenoord and who threatened GBH with the kind of smile that made you think initially that they were offering afternoon tea and scones.

Forget the Turks and their welcomes to Hell. Never mind London boot boys.

The fans of the Rotterdam club are insane. Lunatics of a dark and dangerous nature who would slap their grannies about.

Certain sections of the Rangers support are far from angels and one or two still struggle to have an IQ higher than their neck measurement.

But, despite the fact that the Ibrox club had just 2,000 tickets to dispense among around 7,000 fans who made the trip to Holland, most of them refused to take the bait and there were only minor battles where there could have been outright war.

Yet, what concerns me most is the disgraceful treatment of decent Rangers fans who made the trip with tickets distributed by the club and who were rounded up like cattle, ferried in buses they did not want to be in, trapped in holding pens and treated like they were the aforementioned thugs.

Fans in the corporate hospitality area, where there was not a steward in sight, were threatened, assaulted and generally felt to feel like their very lives were in danger.

And, immediately behind the area where I was sitting in the De Kuip Stadium, four Rangers fans were forced to leap for their lives into the moat to get away from drink-fired maniacs.

My highly-privileged position was 10 feet from Alex McLeish and his bench, virtually on the pitch from where I was broadcasting for the BBC. But, for a period, I could not watch the game for concern for the Rangers fans just across the moat.

That cannot be right and Uefa must not fail to mount an investigation into the affair.

On a previous occasion, a search of the admittedly wonderful stadium found a gun hidden in the rafters, placed there ahead of derby against the much-hated Ajax.

A gun! What the heck is going on? This is the club, remember, that was trying to conjur an Atlantic League alongside the Old Firm.

Thank the Lord that never happened.

Can you imagine Scottish fans having to visit Rotterdam twice a season? By comparison, a trip to Aberdeen for Rangers is a Sunday School picnic where they are welcomed with open arms.

Clearly there are decent supporters among the thousands who follow Feyenoord, but there is an alarmingly large section who are not wired to the real world. They are seriously disturbed actually.

Much of this lunacy was clearly fuelled by alcohol, which was on sale inside the stadium and it underlined for me - and I speak as a man who does enjoy a refreshment - that we must never in this country return to the days when you were allowed to take drink into the stadium or go in to one drunk.

Rangers must be stopped in their tracks in any bid to be allowed to sell drink inside Ibrox. I applaud the behaviour of their fans in Rotterdam, but angels can lose their wings after a few beers.

The ultimate sanction will be matches played in empty grounds and that punishment has been dealt out by Uefa for scenes less serious than what went on at Feyenoord last Thursday.

But maybe soon there will be a total ban on away fans.

And, for some of the supporters of Rangers who were inside the De Kuip stadium, the sooner the better

Why do we have the constant scare mongering on almost every page of this thread? If you want it you'll find it but FFS stop trying to put the fear of God in to people.

Anyone who visited the Sofia website before our game out there would have seen hundreds of swastika tattooed nutters, but not an ounce of trouble, they were the perfect hosts.

It'll be a great trip and safe also.

I'm not trying to put the fear of God into anyone. These stories dont scare me whatsoever. I'm just posing FACTUAL stories of past experiences on there.

I thought it would be a nice change to warn people of what it could be like over there rather than...

''Is it on Eurosport''

''What kit are we playing in''

''Is it on Eurosport''

''Just rung ticket office to see where my ticket is''

''Still not received my ticket''

''Is it on Eurosport''

''How many tickets have we got''

''Is it on Eurosport''

''Just got my ticket''

''Is it on Eurosport''

''Its sold out, is it on Eurosport''

Legend has it that there was a bunch of Rangers fans sat in their local boozer in Glasgow five years ago, watching the game live on Eurosport. One of them spilt his pint and they all got soaked. They’ve never been back. I’ll take my chances in Holland.

What's everyone's tool of choice for the descent in to the hell that is the De Kuip stadion?

I'm taking a 9ft x 4.5 ft sheet of material cunningly disguised as a St. George flag. Obviously I'll be using it to smother any unsuspecting Feyenoord fan that dares to ask me the time.

from bbc.co.uk;

Feyenoord v Rangers 2001/2002

Insanity from Rotterdam

BBC Scotland football pundit Chick Young says that some Rangers fans came away from Rotterdam fearing for their lives. .....................................

passed your comment from BBC to colleagues who are going to the match, Now they are truly sh...ng themselves, and the wifes and mothers staying behind are infear for their loved ones....

well that put the cat amongst he pigeons!!!!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.